Page 75 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 6099
    Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    State of the game: disconnected.
    Reconnected. Disconnected again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Yeah. Doesn't make much sense to login when you (and everybody else) are disconnected every 10-20 minutes.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    What did everyone think about the changes on Indar last night? As a grunt I didn't notice much difference, although there was some good fights to be had yesterday.

Any more disconnects? I left around 8 pm having played for a couple of hours with one disconnect until then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    There was at least one short but brilliant infantry assault across open ground that felt like a direct result of the lattice. TR infantry started rocketing our sundy column so we dismounted and showed 'em what for! Other than that it seems like battles can be longer, grindier (biolab anyone?) but they do definitely 'flow' (and ebb). So once you've finished the fight for one base you go continue it at the next, much as expected.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    What I've noticed most in the very short time I've had to play since GU09, is that the fights over large facilities are more predictable and less chaotic now that the satellite base system has been redone. Not being able to instantly capture all satellites surrounding a major facility makes it easier to defend, because you know that an enemy assault must come through one of the old satellite bases, rather than from any or all of them at once. That's probably a good thing, because it allows us to focus on the tactical and smaller scale strategic play, rather than constantly having to hop from satellite to satellite. Mani Bio Lab on Esamir is one of the worst in this aspect. And Tawrich Tech, down in the mouth of the canyons. Constant satellite swapping always took place there, and it feels like a breath of fresh air, not having to do that anymore.

Also, having Crossroads not linked to The Crown has really made a difference, I find.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah I need to take a few minutes to sit and really study the lattice system - some of the changes that have been made in terms of what's connected to what are worth making an effort to learn so when I PL, I can make decisions faster (like 'we need to gal people into that fight over there because if it falls it'll domino back to here" and so on).

But that's all about learning the ground as well, and the changes to the physical terrain itself.

Had a pretty successful time using roof-mounted AA turrets last night to take down enemy Mossies over Suarva. Suarva South Fortress even put me in a position to harass Mosquitoes and Liberators fighting over Akali Shipping.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Finally found some people I read do ZOE movement calculations from 2 people:

did some testing in VR, might not be accurate, just a reference

method of testing : set a way point and walk towards it, every time it ticks = speed per second (assumption)
    as of 22nd of may the speed of max is as mentioned below

Without ZOE

Max Walk Speed : 2.0~2.3 per second
    Max Sprint Speed : 4~4.5 per second (gradually increase to full speed within 1 second)
    Max Side Strafe Speed : 1.8~ per second
    Max Backward Speed: 1.4~1.6 per second

With ZOE

Max Walk Speed : 4.3+ per second
    Max Sprint Speed : 4.7+ per second (gradually increase to full speed within 1 second)
    Max Side Strafe Speed : 3.4 per second (not factoring ADAD as i cant observe momentum)
    Max Backward Speed: 3.4 per second

Side Note

Light assault

Infantry Walk Speed: 3.2 + per second
    Infantry Walk Speed (With adrenaline pump): 3.2+ per second
    Infantry Sprint Speed : 5.0 per second
    Infantry Sprint Speed (With adrenaline pump): 5.5 ~6.0 per second
    Infantry Side Strafe Speed: 2.2+ per second
    Infantry Backward Speed: 3.0 per second

Infantry with Drifter Jetpack (Forward) : 6.0+ per second
    Infantry with Drifter Jetpack (Sideward) : 2.0+ per second
    Infantry with Drifter Jetpack (Backward) : 3.0+ per second

Magrider gliding at 50kph towards way point : 10 per second

Conclusion

Effective HP against small arms fire : 8000 hp with no regenerative shield
    DPS increment : 20~25%
    Movement Speed Increment : 100% for walking, backward and side strafing, 5% for sprinting. (or they did not touch it at all)
    ZOE max is like 1.5x Heavy Assault with 2 slow firing LMG in hand, not fascinating nor impressive in any sense, but then with all the light show ZOE max will bring me in the night, i think i'll buy that.
    Thank you SOE
    and you're welcome forum users.

Signed
    Waterson VS
    [TBSQ] NeverWas
    I redid my measurements, here are the results (infantry = HA):

Infantry running speed: 6.43 m/s
    Infantry walking speed: 3.99 m/s
    Infantry backward walking speed: 2.96 m/s
    Infantry strafing speed: 3.07 m/s

MAX running speed: 5.96 m/s
    MAX walking speed: 3.01 m/s
    MAX backward walking speed: 2.06 m/s
    MAX strafing speed: 2.14 m/s

ZOE MAX running speed: 6.51 m/s
    ZOE MAX walking speed: 5.51 m/s
    ZOE MAX backward walking speed: 4.40 m/s
    ZOE MAX strafing speed: 4.54 m/s

Now, if you round that up to get the most likely values devoid of measurement flaws:

Infantry running speed: 6.5 m/s
    Infantry walking speed: 4 m/s
    Infantry backward walking speed: 3 m/s
    Infantry strafing speed: 3 m/s

MAX running speed: 6 m/s
    MAX walking speed: 3 m/s
    MAX backward walking speed: 2 m/s
    MAX strafing speed: 2 m/s

ZOE MAX running speed: 6.5 m/s
    ZOE MAX walking speed: 5.5 m/s
    ZOE MAX backward walking speed: 4.5 m/s
    ZOE MAX strafing speed: 4.5 m/s
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Live servers have confirmed all my suspicions:

- The NC Max shield is crap, but on top of that, is a bad tactic
    - The Zoe is scary has hell. The vanu seems to use multiple vanu, so it fill the night of terror.

This is all.

Also the lane system is not my friend... yet. It gives as much it removes, so is okay :P

Those ZOE speed tests came up with vastly different figures it would seem. If they're correct then I think I'll cert into concussion grenades soon - apparently ZOE MAXs can be one-shotted with the Decimator as well, but I suspect that's without any suit upgrades.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I have seen some creative use of the NC shield but it seems a bit too slow to deploy and it really could be larger so it provided cover for allies as well. But a NC max stepping into a room unloading both shotguns and shielding up while repairing can be pretty damn annoying to deal with.

Edit. But mostly the shield just looks cool
    Last edited by Wardancer; 25-05-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Friday Night Ops: More cover in bases, outposts and bases get (more or less) dedicated infantry areas due to mentioned additional cover and dome shields. Also: trees.

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/407830628
    Starts at about 1:18:00
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Then they really have go give tankers something to do except be XP boxes for AV infantry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Those new bases look great, I have always thought that the best defence is a fence.

Re: vehicles. If they are totally locked out of many bases and at the same time the lattice system makes troop movements extremely predictable, it seems like they might become an essential part of moving between bases, essentially to protect your AMS sundys as they roll up to the next target.

Oooh, I like this, personally. Walls around bases! New base layouts with lots of cover spots, attack lanes and all manner of good stuff! Vehicle play will change, for sure.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah love the idea behind it, especially on esamir where there is quite alot of open ground to fight over. Tanks and Aircraft have been pushed aside alot lately so just hope they have something in store for them to actually be able to contribute.

If they do this thing to bases on Esamir, then tanks and aircraft really could do with a buff to longevity. I wouldn't really mind if it took more than four shots from an AV turret to take out a tank. You'd need real coordination to handle tank columns with infantry. They could go back to the good old pre-Annihilator days, when tanks were really tough bastards and tanks of your own was the best weapon against enemy tanks.

Network Hub
    Aight, so doing a little more testing, the damage vulnerability increase from ZOE is about 25%.

So a Nanoweave 5 HA has ~2,000 HP and dishes out ~1,800 DPS in small-arms damage. Kitted out with Blueshifts, ZOE 5 and Kinetic Armour 5, a MAX has 12,800 small arms HP and does 2,200 DPS in small-arms damage.

The new base designs looks like just the right ideas. Now let's have the same shields for common windows instead of the silly shutters that don't actually work.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Really not sure about the trees - I think rocky spires would be more fitting to the setting. But apart from that definitely interested in the changes that are coming through.

The changes with the lattice system definitely move the fights from a run-from-base-to-base system to proper back and forth pushes across open terrain into and out of bases; so having the new infantry areas will make a nice pace change compared to the more open tank/air battles.

The more I think about it the more excited I am for the Esamir changes - if it works out we should get full on armour/air battles in the open terrain as sundies push up from base to base.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 26-05-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    The more I think about it the more excited I am for the Esamir changes - if it works out we should get full on armour/air battles in the open terrain as sundies push up from base to base.
    Hopefully they make NC and VS armour able to compete with TR before that happens. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think a simple stat nerf has/is gonna fix/ed Prowlers.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus