Page 78 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 4269
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    We can have as many mail addresses as we like over at rockplanetshotgun.com too.

Might be best for whoever pays it to just stick in their personal one (or we set up a forwarding email), as otherwise anything sent to it will probably never get read.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yes, I do recall something to that effect, now that you mention it. Paul: could you verify this? I can go ahead and get us a subscription, once I know if the email exists/works.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Probably best to get a forwarding address as CMaster suggested and point that at a private e-mail account; better that way I think.

EDIT: Or set up a forwarding address on rockplanetshotgun.com and point it at Gmail account? That way we can easily point it at something else if we need to change it in future.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 28-05-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can set up either google apps mail for the rockplanetshotgun.com domain, or I can set up forwarding address from rockplanetshotgun.com to whoever wants it at pretty much any time. My personal domain already features google apps mail (see mail.linxsoft.co.uk )

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd suggest whoever wants to pay for it just goes ahead and does so with their email address. We can always contact the guy who runs it and get it changed later.

Moving on from Outfit points, new game development stuff:

Roadmap updated, as SOE realizes that there are months after June (and that a lot of the stuff promised by June clearly isn't going to make it)
    Unnoffical patch notes - with lots of unreleased stuff
    New content with said patch - With some interesting stuff.

Notably, icons are being put in for player-created missions, there;s a new LMG, AR and Shotgun coming, as well as Platinum variants for all NS weapons. There's new weapons coming for MBT primary and ESF secondary.

Annnnnddd: Command Ranks. Be interesting to see if they continue with the "you just cert into it" idea of command, or if they go back to the PS1 way of having leadership XP.

Lesser Hivemind Node WallyTrooper's Avatar
    This is very exciting, thanks for posting.

One gripe in the roadmap: faction pistols. Why are they still talking about charge mechanics for the VS pistol?! Here's the extract from the roadmap:

• TR: Auto-Pistol – A fully automatic pistol.
    • NC: Scatter Pistol – A shotgun and a pistol had a baby.
    • VS: Charge Pistol – A pistol with a charge up mechanic; hold down fire and your blast gets stronger until you release it.

Fully auto and shotgun are awesome in CQC, charge up is not. Pistols are used (almost exclusively) in CQC, usually as a backup when your primary is out of ammo. Perhaps if the charge up made it more accurate so that it could be used at range, then it might be useful?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Interesting times. Hope they do implement command ranks similar to PS1, where taking objectives while leading squads or platoons gave you command experience. I actually rather dislike the current state of affairs, where leadership "skills" or tools can be unlocked for certs.

Network Hub
    I'd use a mid-range, accurate, charge-pistol as a backup for my shotgun toting Heavy, but that's about it.

Network Hub
    I'm excited by the idea of new tank primary and ESF secondary weapons. Both of those groups could use some more diversity.

Owning outposts sounds rad.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    They're not being conservative with those domes

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    The domes make sense now, given that pitched, combined arms, battles outside of bases have become common on Indar's lattice.

If this is their solution, then vehicles need to become much more deadly to infantry. Because it's still possible to dominate a very large area by setting up a few sundys on a hill and filling that hill with AV turrets, annihilators and bursters.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Some have suggested that those rank symbols may be recruiter ranks rather than command ranks.

Hmmm.

Lesser Hivemind Node WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I definitely thought they were recruiter ranks. It would suit SoE's business model nicely to encourage the current player base to 'recruit' new people in. It may also suit [RPS] if someone (Cooper?) is able to get referral bonuses from new recruits.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Considering TTK is the main metric people consider for weapons, a charge up pistol sounds ludicrous. At least with the Lancer you have distance on your side. But considering the recent SaronJr changes, I think they'll be clever about it. Maybe the charge will be very quick/damaging, or you can rapid fire but lose accuracy?

RE: Vehicles vs Infantry: I've never been a fan. I think vehicles should fight vehicles and not be interfered by (or interfere with) infantry/air. I hate getting one-shotted by a tank when I have no way to retaliate. Tanks hate getting blown up by a couple of HAs. I'm happy to be less effective vs a tank, providing the tank is also less effective vs me (infantry).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    But since the game replicates grand scale war, it wouldn't make sense for tanks and infantry to be useless against each other. It'd also make HA's a pointless class.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Activated Node
    If they (infantry/tanks/air) don't interact very well then tanks/air would become pointless, since only infantry can take points.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I'd have said the infantry/tank balance was fairly good right now.

Air is another matter though, in small situations rocketpods are still scarily effective vs all targets. Large scale fights should make the ESF scared to come close though and libs are pretty much never seen nowadays.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    The idea of bases designed to be infantry-only definitely appeals to me, as there's nothing I hate more than being spawn-camped by a bunch of tanks that I can't do anything about. So that rocks.

The new black crystalise camo looks really sweet - that might have to be my first camo purchase ever.

New weapons ... eh. Not too bothered. The new mission icons look cool, and I imagine would be something along the lines of 'bonus xp for completing the specified objective' (kill tanks, bring tanks, kill aircraft with aircraft etc.)

I'm loving the sound of the leadership skill tree thingy. And also the outfity stuff. Lets you stamp your own mark on things and rewards your effort for doing so! RPS Graffitti'd onto the walls of Vanu Archives, Quartz Ridge and Scarred Messa! Or, i wonder if Outfit logos will come into that... The mighty purple giraffe flag flying over the base.

Also looking forward to Flamethrowers and how that will look with the graphics engine! Plus some lumifiber armour, new helmets and the re emagenings of the Medic class! Here's to patience and the rewards that it reaps! *crosses fingers*
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick