Page 89 of 296 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 5920
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    wow. i hadn't seen that before. that's really really fucked up, and i wouldn't be happy at all if they introduced that. it's more than borderline p2w, imo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Interesting fact gathered from floating around Reddit, PSU and PS2 official forums today:
    TRAM is apparently dead (or more accurately perhaps dormant) as an effective force. Supposedly they can only reliably deliver 100 people these days, compared to 300-400 of the TRAM-line heydey. Sure, that's still enough to flatten RPS or RTRS alone, but it's far from the game-changing hammer we used to think of them as. And it is something of a "used to" - we don't see the wall of TR from nowhere in the same way these days,

Network Hub
    Can you link the source?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Interesting fact gathered from floating around Reddit, PSU and PS2 official forums today:
    TRAM is apparently dead (or more accurately perhaps dormant) as an effective force. Supposedly they can only reliably deliver 100 people these days, compared to 300-400 of the TRAM-line heydey. Sure, that's still enough to flatten RPS or RTRS alone, but it's far from the game-changing hammer we used to think of them as. And it is something of a "used to" - we don't see the wall of TR from nowhere in the same way these days,
    I'm guessing overpop fucked up they game too.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Not surprised, as I haven't seen them for several weeks. Our main opposing outfits seems to currently be BRTD and INI. At least that's the ones I notice the most because they are the ones who pulled the most impressive/effective moves/forces we've had to deal with in recent times.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    source: http://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanet...090613/cafbyxq

This isn't only affecting tram. the same thing is going on with tva, except that it's probably less visible because we're using a more decentralised structure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I'm gonna guess here that there are two main reasons, on both sides, that TVA and TRAM are less active in working together

1) Miller is getting quieter so there is less need to join forces.

2) With the TR overpop there's no goals that can drive a need to work together.

For 1 the issue is that you are not finding yourself up against forces a platoon can't deal with.

For 2 look to the TR overpop. Any continent locking on the VS side of things is futile, any locks we have got ahave been by chance, not by a coordinated push. I, for one, am tired of fighting tooth-and-nail for a prime time lock for it to disapppear to the TR at 4am with the efforts of one public platoon.

Despite some early epic moments in TVA where we fought back a 33% TR pop on a continent to not only make them lose the alert by having zero territory but then to also go on to remove their continent lock this momentum has gone. Because those moments are over-ridden by the multiple times the TR zerg just steamrolls the alert continent.

I imagine, from the TR side of things, that the large pop you has means there's no point working together. At what point are you ever gonna find a fight where TR have to call on reinforcements?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    Couldn't find a more appropriate thread, so:

I used to be in BURP (the SomethingAwful outfit) before I was in RPS. Thing is BURP have fallen on hard times over the last few months, being reduced to a squad or so at peak and bugger all the rest of the day. This is obviously not great for the health of an outfit, and so two options have emerged: to merge with GOKU on Mattherson (the massive SA outfit there) when server transfers come out, or to merge with RPS.

The ideal for them is to play with RPS squads/platoons in the quiet hours, then maybe have a BURP squad within our platoons during peak times. They'd like to pile onto our Mumble the Saturday after next and see if this kind of thing works out okay, and if it does then serious talks can then be had about a merger.

(Note that by 'merger' I mean 'their active members join us', not a new outfit)

Anyway, opinions? Is anyone particularly opposed to the Saturday trial, and is anyone particularly opposed to their players coming over? Keep in mind that BURP has been under new leadership recently and aren't quite as entertained by gratuitous teamkilling as they used to be. Their attitudes are now (in my opinion) pretty much inline with RPS's.

Disclaimer: I have no ability to speak for BURP whatsoever, this is just a test balloon to see how the RPS community feels.

OutfitPoints profile: http://outfitpoints.com/OutfitDetail...09488620603762
    Last edited by cfftble; 11-06-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Network Hub
    I'm all for it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    there have been issues with a few specific burp members before; specifically trolling in command and via orders, and team killing shenagians (no idea whether true). that being said, we've been working with them kind of consistently (except for a trolling induced hiatus), and there were never any issues, really.

not sure what their internal situation is atm (haven't seen coink on in a while), but i'd say a merge would be great as long as we can avoid esp tking or command trolling happening under the rps flag.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Both those would meet my definition of being an asshat so would imo be kickable offenses if done whilst in rps. By the sounds of it those days are being burp anyway.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'd be happy to have them along. I've never had any problems with anyone in BURP, I wasn't on when the aforementioned incident took place, so I can't speak to that.

Would be good to have them play along for a night to see how they like our style, see if it fits them.

Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    Couldn't find a more appropriate thread, so:

I used to be in BURP (the SomethingAwful outfit) before I was in RPS. Thing is BURP have fallen on hard times over the last few months, being reduced to a squad or so at peak and bugger all the rest of the day. This is obviously not great for the health of an outfit, and so two options have emerged: to merge with GOKU on Mattherson (the massive SA outfit there) when server transfers come out, or to merge with RPS.

*snip*
    Hey everyone! Some of you may know who i am, but i'll just introduce myself anyway. I'm the outfitleader for BURP and i have the ability to speak for BURP and the EU goons if that's needed.
    As cfftble said BURP is starting to come closer to something new.

So far it looks like the vast majority of the BURP population wants a change and thats understandable, i want a change also. People don't log on anymore unless a select few people that make and lead squads are online and most of those are taking a break outside of saturdays. The big thing we all want is more dudes to play with. The perfect solution would be to expand BURP, but barring inviting pubbies there's nothing to expand with. European goons are a finite and somewhat rare resource as Something Awful is mainly a american community, and most european goons have learnt that due to this very fact most EU guilds or whatever eventually crash and burn. So they mostly go to the Americans.

With that in mind i decided to do this:
    This weekend we (BURP that is)are making alt's on Mattherson to play with our glorious, but animeridden and slightly mentally challenged american brothers in GOKU to check them out and their mumble.
    The next weekend we would like to do the same with RPS if you would have us.

Then i talk around where it's needed, make deals and etc to make sure that any goon will be welcome in either outfit and that everyone will land okay no matter where they jump to. Then when servertransfers come around and it's verified that they are okay and not horrible broken we bittersweatly leave BURP to collect dust in the ANNALS OF TIME. At that point whomever wants to go wherever is free to do so and has the experience with both options to make a educated choice and know where they are welcome, and maybe has made some new friends along the way.

That's the most fair option to take BURP in that i can see right now, i'd love to promise a sudden influx of EU goons to our members, but at best i see maybe a few popping back in at GU's and the servertransfer update and far more leaving for greener pastures eventually. This way they will all be somewhere where they are welcome and with many buddies of their choosing to play with. And i can close down BURP knowing that all my little greasy goons and one sassy goonette have everything laid out for them in a manner that let's them continue to enjoy the game with minimal growingpains and homesickness.

The only thing left to do in this post then is to formally ask: Will you accept us in your platoon and mumble on saturday? And will you have any of my spergy retardbabbies that want's to join you down the line?

Also wanna grab the chance to thank the liaisons i have in RPS, you are some sweet ass people and have helped made the game very fun for me and my little dudes when we have had the population to effectively run with you and the TVA.

Edit: We are very much entertained by teamkilling still, but after joining the TVA most of us only have a taste for teamkilling eachother and mainly our friends (58 confirmed Starkey kills and counting), command chat trolling everyone got tired of long ago and i outlawed it when we joined the TVA.
    Last edited by Coinkidoink; 11-06-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinkidoink View Post
    Edit: We are very much entertained by teamkilling still, but after joining the TVA most of us only have a taste for teamkilling eachother and mainly our friends (58 confirmed Starkey kills and counting), command chat trolling everyone got tired of long ago and i outlawed it when we joined the TVA.
    And Ayam was sour about 12 teamkills, Vanstrak, you have work to do!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Too many laws in the Vanu
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Will comment on the BURP thing in a bit. (Short answer: Fine by me, but not sure that you will fit)

Anyway, QOTD from Reddit:
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Redditor
    VS: Is it just me or this faction mainly consists of RPS zerg now? I occasionally see DIGs but it's mostly ZOE rush of RPS. Due to lack of population fights with them are rare.
    When discussing different faction character on different servers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'd love it if other outfits didn't see us as a zerg but I think any large mass of players in PS2 is now termed 'zerg' because it's not easy to see the coordination that may be going on. We're guilty of it too, we say "the friendly zerg is here" when in reality it's another outfit or two, sometimes more coordinated than us!

Given our size and the common perception of big=zerg I think that guy's view is probably quite common. It's probably also perception bias a bit as well. We aren't that large a % of the server but do wear giraffe camo.

Anyway, we're going to start doing more public platoons. So that will change things up a bit, right?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    The zerg meanings are used inconsistently, traditionally it's been used for any great number of people irregardless of whether they were organised or not. For some reason there's a push that says it's only the unorganised masses that can bear this term.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah I have a tendency to call any large group of players 'zerg' rather than just reserving that word for the random public pushes.

I have no issue with new members at all, or other outfits merging in from other places, or anything like that; just obey rule one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinkidoink View Post
    *stuff*
    Hey there!

Yeah, of course your guys will be welcome here. As long as they abide by the same rules that everyone else in the outfit does. It's got nothing to do with skill, dedication or having certain certs unlocked, but rather about being friendly and sportsmanlike and generally well behaved.

You could have your members check out our manifesto and outfit introduction, so they know what they are getting if they join us. Edit: apart from getting to play with an outfit that pulls a full platoon of players on most evenings, that is.

Hope to see you guys on Saturday, then.