Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 6099
11-06-2013, 02:48 PM #1781
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Boston, MA
So they find their way to our Mumble? As far as I know that's the only real qualification to get in. No objection from me.
11-06-2013, 03:28 PM #1782
It's great that we're being all welcoming and such but I'm gonna have to voice some concerns and it's only fair to do it publicly.
We've fostered something really rare in RPS; an incredibly friendly community which is somehow both laid back and effective in the field. It's happened without any effort to make it happen and so I try not to think about this too much as I get the feeling that it's something that'll disappear in a puff of smoke if anyone looks at it.
Thing is, we've had some recent grumbling about the outfit atmosphere (for want of a better description) after a recent influx of players from the Call to Arms. We're doing what we can to fix that (outfit inductions and encouraging people to step forward and organise stuff) and it seems to be going well. But it should serve as a reminder that this atmosphere is potentially fragile.
I realise leadership trolling from BURP is a thing of the past but it's also something that would just never happen in RPS. We wouldn't ever welcome or encourage anything like that, and I know I'd have something to say if a member ever tried anything like that. We're far from a serious-faced group, but we're also never needlessly arseholes. I worry about welcoming a group of people who have had an attitude where that's funny and acceptable.
(Also, on a more general note, I've never had any good experience of any SA community. But that's entirely one person's experience and I am absolutely more than willing to accept that it's wrong to assume BURP are the same).
My reservations are only partial. We've had good experiences working with BURP in the past and I see no reason we can't do so more closely. I'm also absolutely happy to accept any kind of leadership trolling (something I only ever headr of second hand mind you) and similar attitude has been left behind. Coink especially made efforts to apologise and change things in this area, and I completely respect that.
I have no outright reason to suspect welcoming BURP members into RPS would be anything other than great for both sides. It makes total sense for them to pop along on a Saturday and see if we're where they would feel comfortable, and they're more than welcome to do so. My reservations mainly stem for a desire that we maybe take a more protective approach to the atmoshpere we've managed to generate.
BTW: I absolutely don't want to turn this into a finger-waving "you gotta behave proper" warning to prospective members. Codifying certain approaches to playing the game when writing the outfit introduction already seems a bit too much like "rules for playing with us" and I'd rather keep things simple.Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
11-06-2013, 05:55 PM #1783
Same as Cooper. I'm fine with people trying our outfit, but I worry about people finding regular TKing as being fun, even among "friends".
That works ok with a certain type of people or inside a small outfit like RTRS, where everyone knows each other, and is in on the joke, but RPS is a different beast.
We have a platoon of people online every night, but it's not the same ones every night. So if you were starting to TK, first people wouldn't appreciate that, and worse you might scare/inconvenience a beginner.
So yeah, come check us out, no problem. But there is no guarantee that our way of playing (and chatting, also an important part !) will suit you. From personal experience, I know that merging 2 existing communities/guilds is never easy.
11-06-2013, 06:17 PM #1784
Trolling Leader chat breaks Rule Number One, Sub-clause A.
I'm totally intolerant of breaking Rule Number One.
Rule Number One: Be Excellent to Each Other.
Rule Number One, Sub-clause A: Don't be an Arsehat.
11-06-2013, 06:21 PM #1785
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
Just wanna clarify that we are not merging with you, we are disbanding the outfit. Some people will go to GOKU, some people will go to RPS and many are undecided. This is so everyone can be clear on where they want to go, where they are wanted and what kind of people are where, feel free to kick whomever dosnt work out.
11-06-2013, 07:17 PM #1786
For myself, although I'm against trolling, especially your own faction, I'll miss the meta-trolling of seeing BURP tags when the TR copycats were around.
See you around, and if you decide to transfer to GOKU, good hunting with the Ginyu Force. And best of luck in the Fountain.
11-06-2013, 07:27 PM #1787
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
I am glad Coop raised those issues tho, for Burp vets looking for an SA community outfit we are probably not the right choice. We will always be an outfit for the Rock Paper Shotgun community, hopefully all the true goons can find a good home with GOKU. Sad to see you guys disband - BURP were always fun to bump into in-game.
11-06-2013, 07:37 PM #1788
13-06-2013, 06:27 PM #1789
Back to the state of the game. Apropos, patch notes for the Public test server:
Test Patch Notes 6/13
Please take some time to check out a few of the things that went to the test server in the latest build. Let us know if you find any bugs and what you think of the changes. Thanks!
New map tutorial! It is accessed by clicking the question mark button at the bottom right corner of the map. This can be accessed by anyone at any time. Note that the help button that opens the map tutorial will be moving to a new location and will get new icons.
- Tutorial Intro now includes a list of topics that will be covered and an approximate ETA.
- Infiltrator segment now also mentions holding breath to stabilize scope sway.
- Warpgate Terminal now highlights the highest non-queued continent instead of always Indar.
- Several minor tweaks and fixes to the tutorial to improve usability.
Continent domination thresholds
- Domination requirement lowered from 100% to 75% of the territory on the continent.
- The point where a domination benefit will be lost increased from 0% to 15% of owned territory.
- Our goal is to make continent domination and denial during prime time a tough but reasonably achievable goal and to reduce the situations where entire empires would hold up in one facility.
Instant Action & Reinforcements Adjustments
- Less emphasis on fights where your empire is dominating.
- More emphasis on fights where your empire has a small disadvantage
- Optimal IA fight is now a bit bigger than platoon vs platoon.
- Lowered maximum population allowed for an instant action / reinforcement point to be active.
- The intent of these changes is to be a better reinforcement mechanic and to help support and balance the medium-sized fights.
MAX Ability Tuning
- Increased Zealot Overdrive armor debuff to 30%
- Added a fuel cost to the Zealot Overdrive, allowing up to 8 seconds of sustained use
- Reduced the indirect damage buff for Bursters when using Zealot Overdrive
- Indirect vs ESF
- Rank 1: +5% (~93 damage)
- Rank 2: +7% (~95 damage)
- Rank 3: +9% (~97 damage)
- Rank 4: +12% (~100 damage)
- Rank 5: +15% (~103 damage)
- Reduced the rate of fire/reload buff for Bursters when using Lockdown
- Rank 1
- Refire: -13
- Reload: -10%
- DPS: +5%
- Rank 2
- Refire: -25
- Reload: -20%
- DPS: +10%
- Rank 3
- Refire: -36
- Reload: -30%
- DPS: +15%
- Rank 4
- Refire: -46
- Reload: -40%
- DPS: +20%
- Rank 5
- Refire: -55
- Reload: -50%
- DPS: +25%
- Rank 1
- Indirect vs ESF
Squad Browser Improvements
We’ve made several additions to the squad screen, including:
- Continent column and Continent filter
- Outfit Tag column
- Squad Leader column
- Description text will now show platoon subsquad coloring and information
- Page number display
Squad Manager Improvements
We’ve made several additions to the squad management screen, including:
- Battle Rank column
- Location column (in meters or continent name depending on if you’re on the same continent)
- Outfit tag column
- Vehicle icon callout if the player is in a vehicle
- An area to drag and drop a member to create a platoon
- Toggle to show the outfit tag of the squad leader
Squad and Platoon Improvements
- Added an icon callout for friends in the Squad and Platoon windows
- Leaders names are now highlighted and have an icon callout in squad and voice chat listings
- Added a drop down option for the platoon leader to set a member of their squad as the leader of that squad
Loadout Screen Improvements
- Added a dropdown selector instead of arrows for global tint selection
- Now displays locked, unlocked, and upgradable cert items
- Now displays un-owned slot items
- Added quick weapon switch arrows
- Will display the last used loadout per profile by default
Better Visibility for Friendly Explosives
The IFF range for friendly mines and explosives has been increased.
AP Phalanx Turret Changes
- Xiphos Anti-Personnel Phalax Turrets
- Increased maximum turn speed for quicker aiming
- Will now fire empire colored tracers (instead of always being yellow)
Quick Action Menu Polish
- Increased tracking speeds for vehicles and infantry.
- This should keep the menu in the center of the screen and track on the target much faster. Having the menu stay in the middle of the screen will make it much easier to select the menu option of your choice.
- Control should not be inverted if mouse control is inverted
Tank and Fighter Superiority XP
- Added Tank Superiority Bonus: 100 xp bonus for killing an enemy tank with a tank
- Added Fighter Superiority Bonus: 100 xp bonus for killing an enemy ESF with an ESF
Other Fixes and Improvements
- Added visual effects when a player ejects from an air vehicle (using ejection system certification) or drops from a Galaxy to call out they are falling safely
- Pulled third person camera of MBTs and Lightnings out about 1 meter
- Ammo Towers should properly render in the VR training zone
- Cosmetic items for infantry and vehicles are now accessible in the VR zone
- Zealot Overdrive distortion FX have been reduced to one quarter of their previous size
- Region Names will display when mousing over a waypoint HUD indicator
- Experience reward text will still appear, even when an experience threshold has been hit
- Revives remove the death stat received
13-06-2013, 06:31 PM #1790
Yeah for continent domination changes, yeah for better platoon/squad ui, booh for a double nerf to ZOE (increased armour debuff and adding a fuel meter).
13-06-2013, 06:36 PM #1791
Changes are mostly positive ... hopefully they'll get rid of the 30% armour debuff and just keep the 8 second timer on it.
13-06-2013, 06:43 PM #1792
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Yeah, I'd be inclined to dump ZOE with those changes.
Why not just have charge, and then there's no damage penalty (yes, I realise you can't shoot and charge, but still)
13-06-2013, 06:46 PM #1793
Well, seeing as I play NC I approve of all these potential changes, especially to ZOE and lockdown MAXs. Now maybe make the Aegis shield shoot heat-seeking rockets and we're set.
I can see SOE keeping only one of those ZOE nerfs if they go to the main servers with it - implementing both would seem a little harsh, but I've not seen any metrics for how OP ZOE MAXs are.
13-06-2013, 06:53 PM #1794
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
they fucking did it. with the charge change, ZOE is now completely dead. as in, it's not worth certing anymore at all. i was apprehensive shit like this would happen and only got l1 so far. but damn, what a joke.
13-06-2013, 06:55 PM #1795
I don't see the need for both the nerfs. Hopefully it'll be ironed out in PTS as to which one balances better.
The real nerf though needs to be a way to stop everyone and their mothers pulling one at the same time. Make it cost more, make the timer longer, whatever. It's not that ZOE's OP, it's that everyone's always got one.Itsbastiat, Dawngate
Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus
13-06-2013, 07:40 PM #1796
You know what, I'm not surprised. Don't care about movement nerfs, but why the fuck are bursters still affected?Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
13-06-2013, 08:48 PM #1797
I think all of the faction-specific bonuses should only affect faction-specific weapons, personally.
And also, I rather agree with Wardancer that it is too easy to revive MAXes. It should cost some resources, something like half of the original cost or so. Or maybe just not allow it at all, treat them like vehicles. Just need to make them a little tougher against real vehicles then.
Edit: but the fuel meter is going to change a lot. 30% damage increase, that I can take, but the fuel meter is just no fun.
13-06-2013, 08:58 PM #1798
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Yeah, with a timer it seems that you may as well just use charge rather than low levels of ZOE, where the damage increase is negligible anyway.
UI improvements tho - yay!
13-06-2013, 08:59 PM #1799
13-06-2013, 10:02 PM #1800
Well if the mag rider is anything to go by Zoe will be brought back to a usable state again in 4 months time.AKA Rushtone