Page 92 of 319 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 6363
    Activated Node
    Those are some expensive MAX suits, but I guess if you keep getting ressed it's fine.

Glad about the Lasher buff (esp the friendly fire reduction), fun times will be had

While it is a good thing they are actually trying to limit the use of more powerful items through the use of resources I feel kind of uncomfortable that players can get round these limitations by buying resource boosts or membership as im not really sure how they can ballance vehicle numbers effectively while these are in place.
    AKA Rushtone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Great changes. But I wonder what took them so long to fix stuff like ress costs, lasher fixes and burster/skyguard changes.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    BTW NC maxes getting a nerf. At least on PTS damage is reduced for them...
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Obscure Node
    Apologies if I've missed it but have they announced an ETA for GU11 yet?

Also on the resource revamp people have noted that as the system currently stands this is going to disproportionately hurt the under-pop faction.
    AKA Rushtone

Activated Node
    Wow, that's quite an update. Perhaps even the most game-changing patch to this day. Just from skimming the patch notes, it looks like we'll have to adapt quite a lot (RIP frequent redeploys to warpgate if we want to keep our MAXes, for one).

Are the bursters changes on the test server ? And if yes how severe is the accuracy penalty and COF bloom ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nerfing NC maxes more seems crazy. Also NC Max rail gun needs to exist

Also I s struggle for all resources except air as it is. Guess I'll really struggle now. I'm sure my alpha squad +member friends will continue to insist that resources don't matter though

On the whole I'm happy with the changes.

Very worried about :
    - Sunderer deployment : I wanna see how it looks like, but i fear it's gonna reduce some tactical choices/good sundy drivers.

Slightly Worried about :
    - The Flash. It used to be a disposable vehicle, now it's much too expensive for that. Not sure who is still gonna use it.
    - Bursters changes. That's totally personal, but I was already crap with Bursters (though i love playing with them), so that bloom is gonna make my life harder.

Very happy about :
    - The Harasser change. They were way-too-powerful against Infantry and able to hide inside bases. So now they will keep their uses but have an adequate cost.
    - Lasher changes. I wanna see Disco.
    - IRNV scope. I wanna see how it looks like, but it's good they are getting a nerf, they were indeed way to powerful.
    - Increased vehicle costs. Though I love my Magrider, I think this change is good. We've recently seen a lot of crazy armor columns. It used to be only TR, but yesterday we had the same with NC.

Yeah i do have to agree that NC maxes really don't need any further nerf's. I feel a lot less worried about running into a NC max than a TR max these days.
    AKA Rushtone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'm personally happy that resource costs have been increased across the board, but I think that:

A) higher resource costs will primarily hit the underdog (who controls the least territories) which concerns me, and

B) vehicles' resource costs should reflect their utility (a flash with no weapons and no radar will not give you many certs and should cost less, likewise, a Sunderer without AMS or gate diffusor is just a bus). I think weapons and utilities should have their own resource costs that are only debited when attached. That would be another way of balancing stuff too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    The resource cost changes are bad IMHO, the way they are implemented:

1. They make it exceptionally hard for F2P players to spawn vehicles. Especially newer players (who are still looking into the game, so haven't yet purchased memberships), since their vehicles will get destroyed sooner. They won't get a chance to spawn another one relatively soon, and so experiment and learn from their mistakes.
    2. Apropos, it introduces an element of pay2win. Up until now PS2 was leaning more on the pay for versatility side. Paying members do earn more resources, but the impact was not that significant on the overall balance. Now, with the increased costs, the advantage paying members enjoy is significant.
    3. Underpop factions will be severely hit by this. Being underpopped usually means that you also have less territory, thus less resource gain. With the proposed resource changes, even less vehicles can be pulled, so even less means to break away.

The increase in Flash and MAX costs were needed. A Wraith/Fury Flash was too cheap a cert machine, while a MAX is comparable to an MBT to the destruction it can inflict upon enemy ranks.

The rest though, without an overall redesign of the resource system, seem to introduce rathen than solve problems.

Network Hub
    Thoughts on the patch notes:

I'm so glad that they're not keeping the 8 second ZOE timer that was on the test server. That was kind of silly.

It really does look like they've bowed to popular opinion and buffed the ability-at-range of the skyguard and nerfed range on the burster. With the lockdown and ZOE damage reductions, and the higher costs of MAXs in the first place, the AA environment is going to change quite a bit. Dare I say it, Liberators may become viable if they can out-range infantry.

I don't think the increased COF bloom on the burster is going to be a straight nerf though, at least at short range. It will mean you can be less precise when leading your target and still get some shots in.

I'm a little bit horrified and/or amused the person who wrote the patch notes thinks 300m is an extreme range to be firing a burster at.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    I'm a little bit horrified and/or amused the person who wrote the patch notes thinks 300m is an extreme range to be firing a burster at.
    This.

I've said it before: the developers listen too much to the community. The users do know what they want, it's just that it is rarely what they ask for. Basic tenet of software development.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    wow ... just wow. i think this patch will finally kill vehicle play completely. they increased the cost, but they forgot to implement the buffs vehicles need for these cost to be reasonable. tanks currently die so easily. you can accidentally drive over some mines, get c4'd, or run into a surprise av mana positions. all of these are pretty much instant death. so, at 50 res gain per tick, you'd have to wait 15 minutes to be able to spawn a new tank. when that dies, you now have to wait 45 minutes.

so, yeah ... unless you're a member or are running a resource boost, vehicle play has just become unfeasible. as others have mentioned, it also disadvantages a faction with little territory to an extreme degree.

P.S.: the lasher will get nerfed hard once people start using it en masse. it's already pretty good for suppressing stuff, but most people don't realise this and don't use it. so, yeah ... lasher nerf in 3 weeks or so.
    Last edited by qaz; 15-06-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Yeah, the more I think about it the more the ress cost changes worry me. It also looks like certing (much) into a respawn timer cooldown isn't such a good idea anymore.

Didn't they actually say a few patches back they would wait with the ress cost changes until the ress system is revamped?
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    If you look at it in terms of how easy it is for an ESF to react to and evade or kill a MAX at 300m+, given the relatively low TTK for ESFs, then it makes more sense (I know that good pilots will mitigate the risk in the first place, but still).

They're giving the MAX and the Skyguard more distinct AA roles, which is good - it was counter-intuitive that vehicle-based AA would not be better at range.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It'd be nice if they'd boost vehicle and air resource gain to account for the vulnerability of being a giant target heavily restricted by inertia and turning arcs. They've boosted the flash cost to stop people spawning 8 or so at a time, they don't need to have the side effect of that meaning you can't spawn a tank a couple of minutes later because the gain's so slow.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    While it is a good thing they are actually trying to limit the use of more powerful items through the use of resources I feel kind of uncomfortable that players can get round these limitations by buying resource boosts or membership as im not really sure how they can ballance vehicle numbers effectively while these are in place.
    Someone on Reddit ran the numbers on the new resources changes and was not happy: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ill_break_the/

So I'm not sure. Yay for Sundys being pushed out from bases, that'll change things up - we'll have to dump that tactic of park a sundy under the cap point inside the shield.

Network Hub
    I'm pretty happy with all the changes. Only thing that's missing is to take resource bonuses off premium, but that won't happen.

Gonna make a post later about specc'ing an aircraft, vehicle and MAX so you can make the most of force multipliers. Between Scythes, Mags and MAXes, and with >20,000xp/hour generating 2,000 resources/hour, staying in vehicles shouldn't be much of an issue. As much as people complain about tanks being weak, most of the time they only get eviscerated if you're being far too aggressive with them.