Page 94 of 305 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 6100
    Obscure Node
    Hmm I wonder if a medic only "de-rez" grenade would solve most the reviving max problems. Quite simply the opposite of a rez grenade and makes an enemy corpses unrevivable. This would also work well with the revive removing death stat change that is coming up. Hell I'd even sacrifice my C4 for one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadraGorm View Post
    Hmm I wonder if a medic only "de-rez" grenade would solve most the reviving max problems. Quite simply the opposite of a rez grenade and makes an enemy corpses unrevivable. This would also work well with the revive removing death stat change that is coming up. Hell I'd even sacrifice my C4 for one of them.
    You can't, it's against Hippocratic Oath
    More seriously, I don't think that would be a good idea. It would mess up most tactical/spec ops squad play, as the base requirement for that is "don't respawn, wait for a medic to revive you". We would be stuck with basic "get Sundy, and everyone else together" tactics, which is boring.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Having MAX rezzing require a specific medic utility is actually a really attractive option! I think.

Obscure Node
    Well that's true but squad deploys and beacons are still a option and if you make the anti-jesus bomb have a small radius and cost as much infantry resources as a pulling a max you'll rarely see them used against squishies and more for stopping constant revive max crashes. I feel that would be more at home with tactical play, if your medic gets there first with a tool or a cheaper larger radius, shorter fuse jesus bomb everyones fine

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Needs more bloom.

Am I right in thinking that's for an animation, rather than anything to do with a future patch to the game itself?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Needs more bloom.

Am I right in thinking that's for an animation, rather than anything to do with a future patch to the game itself?
    Lava continent?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Obscure Node
    My eyes just burned off. I must say I don't like the feel of this lava thing so far. It would render IRNV completely useless as well i guess.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Lava continent?
    Yeah, yeah, I know, but that looks like something someone came up with rather than at all representative of SOE's actual designs. Pretty cool to see what people can do using the game assets tho.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Considering the bloom in those pictures, I guess SOE hired JJ Abrahms for Searhus

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Considering the bloom in those pictures, I guess SOE hired JJ Abrahms for Searhus
    *sniggers*

Network Hub
    NfXFDVp.jpg

Unrelated: Something I especially noticed yesterday was some very obvious player culling/pop-ups of groups of allies in my near vicinity when I crossed hills or turned corners around buildings. It was especially dangerous when I was in a vehicle, which led to more roadkills than usual. Is that a new feature or were we just so many people yesterday that I haven't noticed it before? It's especially frustrating when I'm in my scythe since I use my afterburner and the hailstorm nose gun for quick strafing runs and use the terrain for cover. I've died a couple of times to invisible sunderers on the road, because I usually approach and gtfo on ground level

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    NfXFDVp.jpg

Unrelated: Something I especially noticed yesterday was some very obvious player culling/pop-ups of groups of allies in my near vicinity when I crossed hills or turned corners around buildings. It was especially dangerous when I was in a vehicle, which led to more roadkills than usual. Is that a new feature or were we just so many people yesterday that I haven't noticed it before? It's especially frustrating when I'm in my scythe since I use my afterburner and the hailstorm nose gun for quick strafing runs and use the terrain for cover. I've died a couple of times to invisible sunderers on the road, because I usually approach and gtfo on ground level
    Yeah, render distance comes crashing down in busy hexes.
    The weird thing I noticed yesterday was how inconsistent it was. I'd walk up to a ridge that I could see say, 10 friendly on. When I got to the ridge, another 10-15 friendly popped in.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the Searhus stuff there is just a fan-thing. You can even see the Unity environment at one point (popular way among the PS2 user base for reusing PS2 assets) PS1 Searhus was more rocky and very hilly than it was massively volcanic. Imagine fighting over one of the canary islands basically, but even less green.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Saw those pictures on Reddit - am pretty well convinced they have nothing to do with SOE, and are just a fan-created thing.

Network Hub
    They have been playing around with aircraft weapon sights on the test server. Night vision now has a range of 500m, but no longer highlights enemies, whereas thermal now has a range of 350m. Both originally had a range of 200m (except for some reason when mounted on the pilot seat of a lib)

Without target highlighting, the new night vision is kind of meh. It still improves contrast a little, but nights are so bright anyway that it's not really that useful. It's a pity you couldn't use this as the pilot in a galaxy, as finding places to set down in the dark it one of its few uses.

On the other hand I have just tried out the new thermal sight, and it's totally not OP. Not in any way shape or form. It's completely not so powerful that you can pick out infantry at ranges well beyond their ability to fight back, and hardly makes quickly scanning large areas a breeze at all. If it makes it to live, which of course it absolutely should, there will absolutely not be a short pause while all the infantry on the server is systematically hunted down by aircraft and obliterated off the face of Auraxis. Much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    On the other hand I have just tried out the new thermal sight, and it's totally not OP. Not in any way shape or form. It's completely not so powerful that you can pick out infantry at ranges well beyond their ability to fight back, and hardly makes quickly scanning large areas a breeze at all. If it makes it to live, which of course it absolutely should, there will absolutely not be a short pause while all the infantry on the server is systematically hunted down by aircraft and obliterated off the face of Auraxis. Much.
    Hm, DWG's public ESF training tomorrow sounds suspiciously serendipitous :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Hehe, I've got thermal on one of my Bulldogs on my Galaxy. That could turn out to be a very good investment if any of this makes it to live...

Network Hub
    Not sure if this is news, but the current state on the test server has the saron gun lose its ability to one-hit-kill infantry

Obscure Node
    Dammit! I forked out for it last night

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    Not sure if this is news, but the current state on the test server has the saron gun lose its ability to one-hit-kill infantry
    well, that was to be expected. i mean, why should we be allowed to keep op stuff? we're neither the tr or nc...