Page 99 of 219 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4366
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Surely the strafing should mean you're never going to show your rear to a prowler 1v1 though?
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Have to say I'm a fan of the constant updates/patches as well - the absolutely best way to create any game is to get the mechanics in place, play it and then iterate like crazy. With free-to-play you can play around with it to a vast extent.

Drifters give LAs a lot more range while sacrificing verticality - they're awesome for jumping off something high and swooping in on a target.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I'll definitely give some drifters a try later to see what sillyness I can pull off with them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Surely the strafing should mean you're never going to show your rear to a prowler 1v1 though?
    prowlers and esp harassers can bumrush mags easily. also, you don't always get to fight just 1 enemy, and changing the facing sometimes means accidentally exposing rear armour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Have to say I'm a fan of the constant updates/patches as well - the absolutely best way to create any game is to get the mechanics in place, play it and then iterate like crazy. With free-to-play you can play around with it to a vast extent.
    There is change and there is shock, though...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    And still people say the vulcan is useless...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Drifters works pretty good now, or the influx of new players means I would I have got those kills anyway, difficult to know. I wonder if they'll let the drifter have that duration on tier one though.

Obscure Node
    After spending 500 Certs and about an hour on drifters, here are my thoughts on them:

Wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

To elaborate on that (and because that probably doesn't translate terribly well into english): Horizontal gliding is a nice thing, doing so while being faster than sprinting is better. You can get to cover, cross a corridor and skate up to enemies where without drifters you wouldn't be fast enough. Compliments shotgun play really well , because the lowered accuracy isn't so much of an issue at therange you can achieve with drifters.

The lack of vertical movement is apparent in bases with lots of low walls, balconies, etc. though, so vanilla jump jets still have their place. I didn't get to try out the drifters on bases with jump pads or grav lifts, so i can't comment on that.

Shotgun nerfs itself don't seem to be too bad, my Pandora ws killing people as good as ever and at times better than ever. Wether that was due to the influx of new players, drifters or the adjustments to player movement/netcode I'm not sure.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    played around on my tr alt for a bit tonight. vulcan harassers are the most op thing since a million nc maxes in biolabs were terrifying. on prowlers it's worse, but who uses prowlers when the harasser is so much better at being a tank than a tank. i don't have much desire to pull mags anymore. so many stupid decisions and such a lack of ideas on where to take stuff and keep it viable.
    Last edited by qaz; 20-06-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Network Hub
    Btw, one thing on drifters: You can actually climb straight up walls with them if you so desire, but it is pretty slow (then again on latter ranks you can keep that thing on for ages aswell)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Harassers needs a serious nerf. I'm not sure how much of the reasoning behind them being so OP is meta-game (let's have everyone wanting to pull harrassers because we can sell a lot of new decals/camo/hood ornaments as they're a relatively new addition) and how much of it is just not finding the best way of getting them to work well in game.

In my opinion the best fit for a harrasser should be high damage output low damage resist - so they're quick, they're dangerous, but they can be put down easily if not used well. Right now they're just high in both, and as such, broken.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Harassers needs a serious nerf.

<snip>

In my opinion the best fit for a harrasser should be high damage output low damage resist - so they're quick, they're dangerous, but they can be put down easily if not used well. Right now they're just high in both, and as such, broken.
    Nice to hear i'm not only one who feels they're bullshit.
    As it is they feel to be about same tankyness level as lightnings, while having more speed and smaller frame to hit, and can have a burster at back for AA..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yeah even basic harassers can take waaay to many hits before popping.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar

TR needs no skyguard.

On a more serious note, comparison videos of the tank sideguns here and here
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 20-06-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    That'll certainly be useful when they figure out how to make harassers fly.

The Vulcan at long range is very poor.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah retracting my statements about not disliking anything about the patch. Fuck the vulcan. Or rather fuck the harasser because a Saron Harasser is just as stupidly overpowered against enemy vehicles. If a harasser finds a lone sunderer the sundie will not even know what hit him.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i was in a team with another harasser earlier, and it's not even funny how much stuff just died. getting to the rear armour is completely trivial, and especially magriders can't track harassers properly, meaning that they won't even take all that much damage. loads of lightnings, sundies, and a few mags died. most of the targets died in seconds, without ever having a chance to know what was going on, or avoid this somehow. so, yeah ... complete and utter bullshit. harassers and both vulcan variants, that is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    does anyone know where those big spikes in the data comes from?
    http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php

I suppose those are artifacts by downtime or something?
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Yea that does coincide with the downtime. Very interesting statistics. Faction sizes are a lot closer now (and I'd say that reflects in the amount of enjoyment I've been having) but the TR are lowest
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Network Hub
    The future of Miller is a >BR50 stamping on newbies' faces, forever.