Activated Node

LF thieves for extreme WvW action

Hello!

Looking for able thieves (only, reasons below for the idea and vision) to join in on some wvw action from time to time, most likely casual. Nothing fancy in mind, or?. Though backstab build is most likely a must. Or a build that focuses on stealth. There are some good stealthy swords builds too.

Why stealth orientated? Can't kill what you cant see. And you got lot more chances to stay in long fights and better chances surviving 1vsX. I've been playing with this new build for my thief (Rakel). And I love it. I might have said that way too many times on guildchat and now it is here all over the forums. I respecced myself to a backstab thief. I got inspired by yiashi, doing 1vs5, 1vsX in WvW. And this one day I was doing some intense wvw in EB, where I was able to get behind the enemy lines to disturb and wreck havoc among the enemy. They had one ballista, and I was able to stay there for a long time. In a manner where they were unable to use the ballista to their advantage. And today, when WSR was trebing SM, I was able to get around the defense, and directly focus on the player using the treb, (they was out in the field, not behind walls) stopping the action.

Anyway, while many times being behind enemy lines, I've been thinking to myself that it would be totally awesome, if there was just more than one thief harassing the enemy. With stealth I find myself more able to just jump into a zerg, pick off players and get away with it. And if troubles arise, knowing that I have ways getting away scratched or unscratched, but not dead. Though accidents happens!

So if you are interested in some stealth action and jumping into enemy lines, please to contact me. I can be seen online as John Thorns and Rakel (+others). My account nickname is kinjiru(.2439). When I get the chance I will change it to John. I prefer to be called John, been called rakel from time to time. ; )

The build I'm running, can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/yiashi

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    You have made GW2 seem more interesting than I thought possible. So stealth builds are not just a joke? How valid is stealth in campaign play?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You have made GW2 seem more interesting than I thought possible. So stealth builds are not just a joke? How valid is stealth in campaign play?
    I will assume you mean pve with campaign play. I wouldn't say stealth build are to good for pve.
    If you mean campaign play, as in sieging/capping/following a zerg/small groups, then yeah, stealth builds are pretty good all-around in wvw. I got troubles soloing a supply camp on my own while with condition damage thief it is a breeze. Takes a bit longer, but possible.

Stealth isn't a joke, if you checked some of the videos in the link I gave, you'll see that a backstab can hurt quite alot. Pretty much on average a backstab is around 6k. And around 7-9k for real class cannon build. On tanky build it seems to hit near 5k or less than 5k. That is talking about pure level 80s. When it comes to upscaled to lv80 players, you can expect crits above 8k if not above 9k. Due to the build, it is a 100% crit chance with attacks from stealth. So backstab is always a critical strike. Which you can do again in about 4 sec, if not 3 sec. Since you got the stealth debuff, and if I recall right, it is 3 sec.

I haven't tried stealth and sword, all I know is that I've played against a few of those players with that kind of build, and found them very annoying and strong. The sword stealth attack got a daze on it. A 2 sec daze and 5 sec blind. Which is nice!

I think there is also a pistol build, the bunker build for thief that has a lot of stealth applied to it. I haven't researched about it, but I have heard about it and seen it in action. Wasn't easy to kill those guys.

Here is some highlights on the backstab: build http://www.twitch.tv/yiashi/videos?kind=highlights

Activated Node
    double post, hmm. :|
    Last edited by John; 21-01-2013 at 03:35 PM.