Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar

Guild Legendary?

Hey guys.

Just out of curiosity... is there anyone in the guild that is going for a legendary? I'm not myself because my word I loathe PvE, but I was thinking if someone is going for a legendary and needs the assistance, then it could be a fun little guild project.

Has anyone already got their legendary?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Saw someone get one a few months back.. I think

I was going to work for one, I got all the shard things and just getting the globs from whatever I can salvage from WvW drops, up to 80 i think so still a while, got all the badges of honor ofc.

However I just gave up on it as it requires PvE which I just cant be bothered doing
    GW2: Malfious - Elementalist

As it so happens I am currently working towards a legendary, although I am not very far into it. Currently I'm aiming for the Gift of Mastery part in which all I need is the exploration thingy from 100% world completion to make it and that's as far as I've gotten. Probably hoping to get the Hammer but still a little undecided.

I think John got his a few months ago, didn't he? The Dreamer it was, I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    The Dreamer
    Excellent taste

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I've thought about going for a legendary, but I don't think I'm up for the grind. Plus I'm not too impressed with the legendary staves, which is what I'd want for Saph. That and I'm having too much fun levelling alts right now, which is not an especially profitable activity.

I think I'm going to wait until (a) there are better weapons to choose from, and (b) they clean up the precursor-attaining part of the process - which people seem to think will happen soon (this scavenger hunt business).
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I am more than happy (and busy enough) collecting the exotic weapons I want, many of which still looks pretty impressive, plus the armours I really want. Legendaries aren't even on the radar for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I'm going for a legendary, but slowly because I'm hoping that by the time I have everything I need they will have introduced a new longbow.
    I want a bird one obviously

I'm not looking forward to the grind either.

Also, I created a spreadsheet that works out what you need to get Kudzu (or whatever the longbow is called). I'll post it somewhere if people are interested in the breakdown, it involves over 1 million kama.
    Last edited by hawksbane; 07-01-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: more to write

This website might be useful: http://gw2legendary.com/

I think the prices update dynamically via gw2spidy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    interesting, although they don't break down the Sigils or the legendary precursors.
    they also seem to disagree with me on the amount of Kama you need (if they are right, that's a good thing).

according to the wiki, they are being over optimistic on the chances of creating Mystic Clovers.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover

Either way I think that the biggest block to gaining a legendary is the T6 (including Ectoplasm) grind so if people wanted to help with that we could start dumping T6 mats & appropriate Sigils in the guild vault. Given the value of that amount of mats though, it might be optimistic to ask people to do it.
    Of course they also need T3, T4 & T5 mats as well, but they are easier to grind.

T6 mats are definitely the kicker. I guess they assume you will buy the sigils and precursors.

T2 and T4 mats are currently significantly more valuable than T5 mats (e.g. sharp fangs almost 3s, vials of thin blood 1.6s), so farming them for cash could be profitable.

Confirmation that they're working on new ways to obtain precursors, though not a scavenger hunt yet: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1190541

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I think John got his a few months ago, didn't he? The Dreamer it was, I think.
    not me, kakle (miku the watcher) the one with loremaster title. : )
    Last edited by John; 18-01-2013 at 09:28 PM.