Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Wot documentaries are you watching ??

Similar to Movies/TV series.

Today i watched Closer To The Edge,its about TT (Tourist Trophy)and i really enjoyed it. Those who have interest in motorbikes,i highly suggest this.

By vividly recounting the TT's legendary rivalries and the Isle of Man's unique road racing history, this 3D feature documentary will discover why modern TT riders still risk their lives to win the world's most dangerous race. The Isle of Man Tourist Trophy is the greatest motorcycle road race in the world, the ultimate challenge for rider and machine. It has always called for a commitment far beyond any other racing event, and many have made the ultimate sacrifice in their quest for victory. A story about freedom of choice, the strength of human spirit and the will to win. It's also an examination of what motivates those rare few, this elite band of brothers who risk everything to win. The vision of top commercials director Richard de Aragues, this promises to be one of the most thrilling films of 2011

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Cave of Forgotten Dreams, in which Werner Herzog talks about... something while filming the oldest cave paintings ever found. Access to the cave is heavily restricted, it's basically a time capsule. 3D was invented for this. The prehistoric painters took advantage of the natural shape of the walls to create optical illusions and the 3D reproduces them. The details of the rocks, natural formations and bones are stunning. We also get to see prehistoric weapons and instruments.
    It's one of the best documentaries I have ever seen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Been watching the new BBC series on Africa. Any nature programme fronted by Attenborough is always worth a watch. I kind of expected it to be all things I'd seen before but then there was the giraffe fight (I swear they must be able to talk to and direct the animals because the outcome looked to be scripted in the style of WWE!). Little bit on how they filmed it here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012zhhg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I've been watching periodicvideos which is made by the chemistry department at the University of Nottingham.

http://www.youtube.com/user/periodicvideos
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Per...able_of_Videos

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I've been watching periodicvideos which is made by the chemistry department at the University of Nottingham.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Per...able_of_Videos
    Before clicking the link, I thought "I hope they have a video for each element." I love you.
    Nottingham is awesome.

It was before Christmas, but I watched In the Highest Tradition (all 6 episodes there, although is iPlayer, so will be UK only), a 1980's Documentary series about the traditions and the history and stories of the Regiments of the British Army. Really good series... informative, interesting, while still being quite funny. Also, very much a product of 25 years ago... in the first episode there, the presenter feeds cigarettes to a Goat (don't worry, it's harmless and helps with the Goat's digestion). Is a nice window into the past as far as the makeup of the army as well.

Also before Christmas, I watched Dark Ages: An Age of Light on BBCFour, Waldemar Januszczak looking at the art and achievements of the Dark Ages (early Christianity, Islam, 'Barbarians', and the Norse and Saxons) in order to argue that they were far from the cultural and economic stagnation that they are typically seen as. Don't know if you'll be able to find them anywhere... they've gone from iPlayer. But if they're repeated, and you happen to catch them, I'd recommend them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Network Hub
    Most of the Dark Ages series is on YouTube I think. Only watched the first two myself but they've been pretty good.

Obscure Node
    Galapagos and Africa, both by Attenborough being shown currently, Sky and BBC respectively, both very good, but then I'm a sucker for anything by that man. There was also something about polar bears last night which was good on BBC again.

Punk's Not Dead, an hour and a half documentary fully available on YouTube that does a far better job of exploring the subject matter than that recent BBC series that felt like a half-finished job.

Hilariously, Wattie Buchan from The Exploited is the only talking head in the whole film who they felt it necessary to subtitle.

Obscure Node
    Exit through the gift shop, a street art documentary, but also a street piece of art by its own :)

Enjoy !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIiOgj3uc0w

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post

Excellent! It's been years since I had chemistry at school, so this is a nice refreshment to set to play while sorting out files from an old external harddisk.

I've been watching the documentary series Hitler's Children; quite interesting look at (non-adult) German society in the 1930s.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Recently, I've watched The Other Dream Team which is fully based on sports because I mostly like sports documentaries....Will watch this movie again soon.....