Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found

Anet/GW2 rants thread

As I've realised of late there are a number of things that mildly irritate to downright feck off more than 16 simultaneous paper cuts between the fingers and toes...

This is the cathartic corner, come weep, cry, rage but generally get it off your chest - get some support from the others and get back into whatever game does take your fancy having offloaded a little.

It's still a newish game for me - only just had my 2nd birthday for 'bane and both now have 100% coverage... Dry top is okayish but am waiting for something stronger to just go WHAM - deal with that now.

Teq is now fun if you have enough people and few winkers. Wurm is a ballache but getting teqwards in terms of ease. As I realised the other day that I have 50+ guild commendations... I just keep doing them but there is still more to get better at.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Nice of you to set this up, but if there's an on-topic rant that would otherwise belong elsewhere (e.g. about spvp, fractals), I'm not going to come here especially
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Nice of you to set this up, but if there's an on-topic rant that would otherwise belong elsewhere (e.g. about spvp, fractals), I'm not going to come here especially
    Hehe I like that, a rant about that forum thread
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

<insert something about mesmer clones>

Because we have so much to rant about we can't limit ourselves to one measly thread, amirite?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Because we have so much to rant about we can't limit ourselves to one measly thread, amirite?
    I'd rather stay on topic with my rants and not have them put into a dumpster, thankyouverymuch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    but won't you think of the children...
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

And I thought French people were the kings of moaning and protesting:itseasy3.gif
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Fine, then I'm ranting at the ranting that's being ranted about but not in ranting thread... there!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

is anyone else slightly worried about this little announcement?
    we're rethinking the way you collect and trade items!

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    is anyone else slightly worried about this little announcement?
    I'm only interested if by collect they mean steal and by items they mean organs. I have some spare lungs flying around somewhere, would be willing to trade those at a ratio of 2 for 1m of bowel. Might throw in some kidneys as a kicker.
    Last edited by Squiz; 13-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.

You mean worried they might actually implement a fucking trade window? Grenth forbid...
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    You mean worried they might actually implement a fucking trade window? Grenth forbid...
    is that not what the BLT is? What I mean by worried are the changes to collecting - suddenly fewer trees/ore nodes....? can only mine/forage/log once per day per account? I can't imagine they are going to make things easier to get hold of, especially if you look at how the new weapons and armour are being created. Suggest their plans may include changes to dungeon tokens too.

But maybe i'm being cynical

Network Hub
    Dammit Hawks, now you made me worried as well. My first thought was "are they putting Mini's in a wardrobe/wallet function?" and I would very much like that.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My glass was surprisingly half full on that one, BLTC ui update, maybe some revamps to wallet or account/soul binding? They won't fix the elephants in the room that rewards are wholly unbalanced and inflation rampant due to precursor RNG though (precursor crafting?)
    Balance changes look small but in the right direction based on the points of interest.
    wvw changes will be token, unlikely to fix underlying issues (zeroing, ppt, coverage, eotm being a farm)
    as this is a feature patch, no new content, so will be left hoping they throw a dungeon into the living story.

given that we have had content for 2/3 of 2014 now, it's a little shocking that we have had no new fractals or dungeons. Even temporary ones. Last year we got aetherpath and 3 new fracs . 2 of them were temp first, but I am disheartened that we've had nothing.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

No, the TP is not a trade window. What I mean (coming from other MMOs such as WoW or SWTOR) is an option to open a trading session with another player, where I put some item/gold on the table, he does the same, we both click agree and stuff is exchanged.

Would be HILARIOUS if they made wood/ore as rare as cloth instead of fixing cloth But very possible.

ah, I see - they might I suppose with a transaction cost based on the monetary value of the items being exchanged; keeps their gold sink in place.

I always hoped they would bring in mat farming for leather and cloth, sheering sheep for wool etc. but also expect fewer, especially T5, nodes and a way to limit the amount of harvesting that can be done - more time limited crafting perhaps.

They did say some time ago that they were working on precursor treasure hunt type thing, but expect this to be, very, time gated if they bring it in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't mind time gated (at 4ascended armour sets I'm probably not representative here) I do mind RNG. If you can make measurable progress to a goal, even just a tiny fraction at a time, that is progress. Contrast dungeon tokens with precursors. A patient casual player can't work toward a legendary as precursors will inflate in price faster than they can farm the gold to buy one. A time gated approach, even if it takes months, will avoid that.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Well, when it comes to ranting, I can't see a bright future for GW2 if all they plan to do for several next years is release a piece of story that half of the community doesn't give two sh*ts about, spam us with gemstore/rng weapons of descreasing skin quality, and justify it all with stuff like "Omg we're such a progressive MMO, you won't see update quantity like this in any other game, and removing content we've added is all a genious part of the superb Living Story blablayadayada". Just occasionally seeing how they reply to some very well written complaints about the game on their facebook page makes me want to smack my head with a brick repeatedly to the point of unconsciousness

If they spent at least portion of the time they put into this so called living story, we'd soon have, hopefully, an expansion (yes I'm aware of how much they hate that word nowadays), that a) is to stay; b) brings content that takes more than one night to dig through.
    Usually running one of my "Moonspell" norns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    "Collect" might relate to how things are stored in the bank, too.

If they're addressing trading then we'd better at least get a TP overhaul. This is your periodic reminder that, two years after release, there is *still* no way to filter by armor type (light/medium/heavy), let alone a "show only usable items" filter.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

"Collect" might relate to how things are stored in the bank, too.

If they're addressing trading then we'd better at least get a TP overhaul. This is your periodic reminder that, two years after release, there is *still* no way to filter by armor type (light/medium/heavy), let alone a "show only usable items" filter.
    OMG Saf, have you been drinking? You are actually thinking Anet will do something positive out of this short sentence.