Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar

Arrow Guild Event Announcement Thread [UPDATED 20/08/2014]

This post will be updated with all the latest events and goings-on amongst Horace's Tyrian disciples. Please keep an eye on the subject bar for when this is updated. All times should be given in GMT at least and please remember that [RPS] play on Gunnar's Hold EU, so all the meet-ups will take place on that server.

EVENT: Gunnar's Hold Tequatl Attempt
    DATE: Mondays
    TIME: 8PM UTC ['UTC' is currently an hour behind British time, BTW!]
    MEETING PLACE: Sparkfly Fen, Splintered Coast Waypoint
    ANY RESTRICTIONS: No.
    VOICE COMMS: Gunnar's Hold TeamSpeak.
    OTHER DETAILS: It's a good idea to get there early and to make sure you are on TeamSpeak so that you know what's happening. Please read these guides.

EVENT: sPvP
    DATE: Tuesdays
    TIME: 8:00PM GMT // 9:00PM BST
    MEETING PLACE: PvP Lobby
    ANY RESTRICTIONS: None
    VOICE COMMS: [RPS] Mumble - details in-game.
    OTHER DETAILS: Bashing randoms over the head in small environments. We're quite good at it.

EVENT: Dry Top DOMINATION
    DATE: Friday 22nd August 2014
    TIME: 6:00PM GMT // 7:00PM BST
    MEETING PLACE: On the map. We'll try to find somewhere fairly empty and fill up as appropriate.
    ANY RESTRICTIONS: Bring an 80.
    VOICE COMMS: Guild Mumble
    OTHER DETAILS: Basically doing the Dry Top events together and trying to score a Tier 6 vendor. Should be fun and decent for farming. We'll probably need a few commanders for it.

EVENT: Gaming Together
    DATE: Saturday 23rd August 2014
    TIME: 6:00PM GMT // 7:00PM BST
    MEETING PLACE: Guild Mumble - We'll make Steam friends and go in the game from there.
    ANY RESTRICTIONS: You have to have the game - whatever we decide.
    VOICE COMMS: [RPS] Mumble - details in GW2 'G' tab.
    OTHER DETAILS: Should be a laugh. We're still deciding on a game so go post in the thread!

EVENT: Guild Missions Sunday
    DATE: Sundays
    TIME: 7:30PM GMT // 8:30PM BST
    MEETING PLACE: Hoelbrak, Eastern Watchpost Waypoint
    ANY RESTRICTIONS: None, it helps if you come on the character with the most world completion.
    VOICE COMMS: [RPS] Mumble - details in-game.
    OTHER DETAILS: Likely the usual combination of Rush, Bounty, Challenge and Puzzle and end with any champions we can find.

You can keep up to date with all our upcoming events and announcements through the guild's Twitter feed too.

Do you have an event to add? Please contact Krathor, Squiz or Hawksbane in-game or through a private forum message!

Please also feel free to add any comments to this thread if you wish to discuss any of the events.
    Last edited by Krathor; Yesterday at 07:14 PM.

Haha amazing. Thanks for making the thread Hawks.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Fo' shame, can't join. I'm going for 100% map completion too!

Updated to reflect the guild missions tonight.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

do remember it is guild missions tonight, details are in the first post.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Updated with Saturday's Guild Mission times.
    Guild Wars 2:

Updated the first post with Jarnade's WvWvW event!
    Last edited by Krathor; 13-06-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Updated with Saturday's SPVP!
    Guild Wars 2:

I won't be around on Wednesday so can someone else take the guild events night.

cheers,
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

I'll be there.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Updated with the plan for Saturday's Guild Missions.
    Guild Wars 2:

I was wondering if we should add Jarnade's weekly WvW event on the GH calendar as well. Opinions (specifically Jarnade's :P )?

At the very least I want to see how this week's event goes. Though I would prefer to see how next week's event goes as well before we put anything on GH.

I think I've brought it up a few time on G chat or when we are hanging around on mumble, but I don't really like that current style of WvW on the server is mainly focused a couple of guilds roaming the map, and while you are in the pub group holding a keep you kind of pray that Praxium of Cry Havoc will show up and help you wipe the enemies.

This is kind of weird considering that my current strategy for commanding would be a borderland roaming team. I feel that unconventional tactics is my strong point, but honestly I can't be certain what anything would be. I've hatted up twice: the first time I had about 5 people listening to me, and the second was when another commander took a break, and the force of about 25 dwindled to 3.

So I still have a lot to learn, and as far as anyone who is not in RPS is concerned I have to prove my stripes. But honestly I'm not phased by that. I got my hat so I could lead the signets around and have fun. So if adding us to the community calendar would make things more fun then that would be a good thing.

Gooo Karuji! I have no idea what it means to command anyone or anything (hell, I can't even properly make the the buttons of my trousers do what I want them to do!), but I've stumbled over some WvW-centered episodes of the SOAC podcasts some time ago (the site seems to be down atm, will post links later). Maybe there's something in there that could be of use?

I don't mind de-railing this thread a bit - it was left open for a reason!

On Gunnar's, I think a lot of your life as a commander lives and dies by your reputation. Although I don't really do this anymore, I used to play on the community Mumble pretty much every single night after work - even if I finished late. If you build up relationships within the server like that then they stay with you for a long time. Although I now pretty much exclusively command on reset and Saturdays (although that's set to change shortly), people still remember me because I invested a lot of time to begin with.

People think that getting your tag is the first step to commanding a zerg, but really it should be the last step. The first steps are setting out and proving yourself and by holding a weekly event it ensures that you get that exposure. I also recommend popping along to a guild night with SOE or Cry Havoc as we have done before. If you just put everything into listening, not speaking and trusting in the leader of the raid, you'll learn a lot and it also shows that you're humble enough to work under others.

My two cents anyway. I'll make a blog post on this subject some time!

Talking of WvWvW events, we really need to organise a camp in the lake in a middle of a Borderlands with hylek potions!
    Guild Wars 2:

I posted a reply in the WvW events thread link

Updated the first post!
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    Since you ask for it "in this very tread," I'll repeat what I posted earlier: With one of the caches in EB we might want to do that one before the reset on Friday, as we now have easier opponents.

Yeah my reply got buried in General Nonsense:

I was considering that aye, but I'm not sure if I can commit to Thursday night. TBH so long as there's five to ten of us doing it then EB JP camping shouldn't be a problem unless it's at the ruddy arena.
    Guild Wars 2:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Not sure how long it will take to do those achievements but maybe a couple of hours before?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie