Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar

Rock Paper Shinies - 12/09/2015 4:30PM UK Time

Hi future millionaires; I have a scheme you can't refuse and you don't need to give me your bank details, promise.

Yes let's all get rich!

Why are you guys still playing the lottery? I have the solution.

Let's meet at Eastern Waypoint in Hoelbrak at 16:30 UK time on Saturday September 12th. We will show you some of the places to get advanced in the Treasure Hunter COllection Achievement.

This will hopefully give highlights for people with lots of alts who want to camp those places in the future or start the achievement that eventually will give you a chest in your home instance! We will start by the Frozen Maw and go all the way to the Silverwastes.

I have secured the participation of a special guest who knows a thing or two about making lots of dosh as well who will give us a small lecture at one of the places we will visit.

This will hoepfully take around 4 hours to complete and we will have some break points.

What to bring: Most places we will visit are low level but Silverwaste is 80 so I would recommend an avatar that doesn't have much of Tyria visited but that is close enough to 80 for the end (or just switch when we get there). Also you might want to buy up to 4 of those babies. But you might win some on the day.

Yes you will win more shinies; there'll be a quizz so pay attention to what your commander and our guest will explain to you on the day! Make sure to join us on Mumble if you can for that.

This event is opened to anyone in the guild and all your friends in Europe if they want to join.
    Last edited by Krathor; 28-08-2015 at 09:43 PM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Obscure Node
    Sounds like a plan. Only problem is that those events aren't really scheduled, and some of them "cough commisar and Ogre cough" have long respawn times, if they spawn at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondare View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Only problem is that those events aren't really scheduled, and some of them "cough commisar and Ogre cough" have long respawn times, if they spawn at all.
    agreed I'll take that into account as I will only do a highlight tour, some are ok because it's only every 10 minutes or so.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Obscure Node
    I'm totally up for that Anything for more loot!

Count me in if I'm around...although I'm not sure how this will work...but I'm up for it!
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Obscure Node
    I'm good timing wise, so long as it's not the last weekend in September as I'm busy on a charity ride.

We could maybe do the highlight run to get people to the necessary waypoints (and the obligatory walking off random cliffs along the way) then leave a scout or two around where the pre events kick off, who can then handle taxis to get everyone back in time..

Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I'm good timing wise, so long as it's not the last weekend in September as I'm busy on a charity ride.

We could maybe do the highlight run to get people to the necessary waypoints (and the obligatory walking off random cliffs along the way) then leave a scout or two around where the pre events kick off, who can then handle taxis to get everyone back in time..

Very good idea

Shinies? Shinies!
    The skritt in me wants in, so I'll be along.
    GW2: The *Bel family of badly specced professions

I'd like to join if I have time!
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Well the SNG from Duke has an open slot on the 12th Sept; unless there's a beta weekend then we could aim for that.

Good event title Tweet. Even cooler actual idea.

12th of September could be a nice date... what time were you thinking of starting?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

I'll probably join for the banter and treat it as an event rather than a 'get rich' scam. Loved the 'official' announcement twittertweet too, though I had to take a second look to figure it out.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Good event title Tweet. Even cooler actual idea.

12th of September could be a nice date... what time were you thinking of starting?
    I haven't thought that far yet but probably mid_end of afternoon 4-5ish.
    ALso I have secured a special guest for that event

Special guest eyyy?

If you're starting quite early, it may not even clash with SNG anyway. Slot it in the start of September, maybe?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Special guest eyyy?

If you're starting quite early, it may not even clash with SNG anyway. Slot it in the start of September, maybe?
    the 12th doesn't clash I checked it there's nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    the 12th doesn't clash I checked it there's nothing!
    If it's on the 12th or 19th I'll have to skip due to other obligations, but don't let that change your plans
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Oh, heavens, Tweets, that's a superb proposition. Sign me in, very much excited! I have serveral alts that need basic orange equipment (not even thinking of cool skins for my mesmer yet!)
    Steam: Zanchito || Guild Wars 2: Gatonegro || The Secret World: Mescalitoh || Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zanchito

Right I have done my recon and I'm ready to go. I will post something in the main page of this thread too. Cna someone update the event for 12/09 and we will meet 4:30 at Hoelbrak. You can invite people outside if you want but I'm not sure how to promote it so if anyone feels like doing so please feel free .
    ALso if anyone can do me a nice banner for it that would be cool
    Can someone change my title and sticky it please
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 26-08-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Oh, yissss!!!! I can make a crappy banner if noone's going for the nice one.
    Steam: Zanchito || Guild Wars 2: Gatonegro || The Secret World: Mescalitoh || Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zanchito

i might be able to make it, fingers crossed!