Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found

The Necromancer Thread - Blood, Wells and Daggers oh my...

Rules of the road:
    Always try to be holding staff when you DS because it takes the power of the item you are holding as base for life blast.
    All wells and marks are placeable so be aware of double clicking will drop where you're at
    Lich form is best unless you know you will have rampaging warrior (or the odd engie) - don't underestimate the minions
    Staff 4 and Lich 4 (I think) are both transfer conditions - use intelligently.
    Marks from staff will not trigger on downed players - don't waste em unless as traps for people who will try come res.

Kicking off with Condition Necro because why not...

Triple Headed Wurm and Roaming WvW

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Nec..._Signet_Roamer

Being tested but having seen it and thinking - seems to be a very good replacement on the old school condi necro.

Sceptre + Dagger/Warhorn
    Staff
    Dire armour + Rabid options here and there. Mix of Condition always as primary + power/vitality or Toughness.

Might be useful in pvp too - will play differently given lack of individual trinkets etc.

Power/DS/Well/Zerk Necro - call it what you will

PvE + PvP and Zerg WvW(more well + staff biased)

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Nec...rd_Power_Necro is the main basis.

Dagger+Warhorn
    Staff

In pvp however it's quite common to be set upon by multiples due to the irrational hatred of us - to this end I've been testing Rune of the Wurm, vitality + ferocity. Precision is high enough with maruader c. 50% (plus ds bonus too) and the ferocity keeps the crit damage to 200+ BUT the extra vitality means I stay alive really long enough that after initial attacks its not uncommon for me to be standing alive or even in ds and at least 2 out of 3 attackers already downed. Then it's mop up time.

Had more fun of late with it - during an overkill courtyard I died once (during entire match) due to being silly but we were already running a 300 point bonus over the other team. Very effective imho.

Other things of note I've found is using (ascended) cavalier rings (drops from fractals) during fractals and dungeons to give me extra defence while maintaining crit dmg - similar to wurm runes but pve being much more modular gives more wiggle room - again, it's been a noticeable increase (to me) in terms of staying alive but still being crunchy damage wise.

Sad that I have so many ascended axes now - and pretty useless across the board now

More soon!
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 22-07-2015 at 10:24 AM. Reason: marks not acting on downed players
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Stolen for more content, mwah hahahahahaha
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I must say power necro in pvp is quite badass, I do regret the condition necro but the survavibility was nowhere near as good. The metabuild one is good enough and I didn't feel the need to tweak it in anyway.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    I must say power necro in pvp is quite badass, I do regret the condition necro but the survavibility was nowhere near as good. The metabuild one is good enough and I didn't feel the need to tweak it in anyway.
    That is what I linked tweets... Things can always be played with given circumstances... *ahem*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    That is what I linked tweets... Things can always be played with given circumstances... *ahem*
    Hey I agreed with you be happy
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2