Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Network Hub
    Map completion nets you a few badges as well I think, so today would be a good day to ride all the teacups before the reset hands them over to new enemies, and always be spamming F to pick up your loots in a fight.

WvW becomes a lot more fun if you roll with a group of people. You definitely want to sign up at the official unofficial Gunnar's Hold community forums and mumble server to experience just who you're fighting alongside at www.gunnars-hold.eu

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

MOS has (as things stand) Blacktide and Fort Ranik as our next opponents. Unless they get a load of transfers then it should be another dominant week for us. It's really tight between Far Shiverpeaks and Blacktide though, if we get Far Shiverpeaks that's a much more competitive fight.
    Last edited by sendmark; 25-01-2013 at 05:44 PM.

I'll be on for reset.

As for what we do... well, let's just see. ;D
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Well, that was odd. Was my first time running with the Musical Group. To be honest, it felt pretty unorganized and the singing got in the way of communication. But I guess that was the point? Hopefully, people will be a bit more focussed during the next days. Good to see that we made quick progress though.

Activated Node
    Friday + Wine = letting off steam
    I'm sure we'll be uber serious tomorrow... Although it doesn't look like it'll be needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zpinget View Post
    Friday + Wine = letting off steam
    I'm sure we'll be uber serious tomorrow... Although it doesn't look like it'll be needed?
    Oh I know why everyone was a bit silly, that's how it always is and that's the point of playing games. I am not saying everyone should be super serious but tonight some shouts and warnings got lost in all the singing.

Right now we have no idea what is "needed" during the next days, however during the last week the quality of our game has decreased quite a bit. I'm just hoping that we'll get back to our old ways.

Ranik made a big comeback in their BL, but we broke their zerg with an epic defence in the Hills Lord's Room thanks to the choke point entry and intervention to break the stalement by Xaoc. Felt extra epic, seeing as it was an RPS claimed Hills with our logo on the front Hope we don't lose it too soon.

Early days, but MOS has us on target to jump all the way up to the top spot of tier 5 next week.
    Last edited by sendmark; 26-01-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    the last week the quality of our game has decreased quite a bit.
    Yup, I'll happily agree on that one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    We've been unlucky to have Blacktide in our matchup this week. It'll take some time for our ranking to readjust to our newfound strength, but when it does, I think things will be more or less back to normal. And it won't take long.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Could I ask that as many of you who can sign up for the xcore for tuesday. We are really need numbers against the french since thye have groups of 30-40 running around the map.

Here is the link: http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/threads/8...L-M-FOR-MESMER

Applied! Let's give em a good whacking.

Activated Node
    I'll have a think about it. Problem from my PoV is that Inksy and LoftyJim nick the thief spots as soon as sign-up is open!
    Charlie's been a bit neglected the last couple of times. Maybe I should don my horny helmet of leadership and see if I can make it better?

As far as I know there are no class limits, it's just what is needed as an optimal minimum (anything else would be stupid in my opinion). So just play what you like and tag along.

I'm going to try and push as much as possible in tonight's meeting for bigger groups per core for at least this week. We ran in groups of 5 last night which just got stomped left right and center by french zergs of 30-40 only right at the end did we come together to put a halt to their capping.

Don't get me wrong I like the small groups very much but we have become a bit to rigid in our tactics of small attacks everywhere and it is not having much effect when the opposing team fields 2 large groups of 30-40 to a borderland.

(also apologies for my frustration vent last night in guild chat)
    Last edited by Lippsy; 28-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lippsy View Post
    I'm going to try and push as much as possible in tonight's meeting for bigger groups per core for at least this week. We ran in groups of 5 last night which just got stomped left right and center by french zergs of 30-40 only right at the end did we come together to put a halt to their capping.

Don't get me wrong I like the small groups very much but we have become a bit to rigid in our tactics of small attacks everywhere and it is not having much effect when the opposing team fields 2 large groups of 30-40 to a borderland.

(also apologies for my frustration vent last night in guild chat)
    If it's big groups/zergs we're facing, we need a different strategy. That needs a main group and a flanking group (a 20-core and a 10-core or a stronger Charlie with a 10-core). Hengis showed the power of flanking many times (in smaller melees and without any prior organization) and I suggested in detail something in the lines of the hammer and anvil tactic. But who listens to me... all I got was a thanks and that was that.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Noaru, will you attend tonight's Mumble meeting? Sounds like a very good opportunity to bring something like this up and discuss it. I haven't been around WvW a lot during the weekend, so it's likely that I've missed that particular situation. Last time I was in a crowded channel I got the impression that things tend to get a bit wild / confused - are you sure that you were plainly ignored?

Network Hub
    I can't make most of the 7PM starts, unfortunately. If I'm on later I might try and insinuate myself into the flex squad.

Having missed most of the match so far I was somewhat taken aback to see FR fielding multiple large groups all over the place yesterday. Our small squads achieving stuff in parallel approach didn't work too well when they sent massive zergs our way soon after they were alerted, but we did well once we combined forces and took them on more directly. We had some great fights despite Blacktide being virtually unrepresented- hope FR keep the pressure up this week, though maybe not with such insane numbers.

Speaking of fighting larger groups of enemies, I would love to put some zerg-busting tactics to use. For inspirations see:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...D-hammer-train - don't mind the awful dubstep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNskpmDeI5w - zerg baiting & -beating

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Lippsy, if you're at tonight's meeting, you might also raise the problem of communcation between xcores and the rest of the map they're on. This was a big problem last night and led to us being less effective as a whole. (I would raise it myself but can't make the meeting today.)
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Noaru, will you attend tonight's Mumble meeting? Sounds like a very good opportunity to bring something like this up and discuss it. I haven't been around WvW a lot during the weekend, so it's likely that I've missed that particular situation. Last time I was in a crowded channel I got the impression that things tend to get a bit wild / confused - are you sure that you were plainly ignored?
    Not sure I'll make it tonight. I didn't bring it up at a meeting, it was on the forums a couple weeks ago on a thread about tactics.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.