Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Network Hub
    Well that was a bit of a rollercoaster. Starting off with our side capping Stonemist and nearly taking Far Shiverpeaks garrison before we lost SM and most of our borderlands got divided between the other two servers. Heroic actions all over the map against enemy bands of 30 people or more charging round saw retake all our major keeps and do some last-minute saves and sneaky ninja caps with some top portal moves.

The opposition seem numerous and fairly organised and pretty aggressive so far, but reset and the weekend never play the same as the rest of the week so it could go in any direction. Anyway the fights are interesting and there's been no time to relax. Good to see RPS representing strongly among the disparate horde.

A typical GH moment was when I was heading solo towards a distant fight packing the wrong weapon (a staff), got chased by a mesmer near Briar, completely forgot which colour we were and tried to get inside only to have the guards and a thief join in chasing me. When I was downed some random from a guild I'd never even heard of somehow managed to res me and we fought the enemy off as well as we could until I was downed again. Then 3 more GH turned up and took them on as one of them quietly stealth ressed me and the five of us, from entirely different guilds, all turned and took on the 10 enemy that had rolled into the area, took them all out and headed off together to retake the nearby camp. It was a sight almost as glorious as Duke's heroic trebuchet monument...

Activated Node
    ...nearly as good was when I took us off to help take a camp and went to the wrong one! Tired Pzinget is Tired.

Definitely not going to be an easy week but we wiped a couple of zergs that massively outnumbered us and had some very good fights (and although there were only 5-7 of us on, we definitely made a difference ). I can see sneaky tactics being useful this week!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Great to hear we retook our property. That was an intense reset - lots of great fights! Miller's, especially, put up impressive coverage across all the borderlands. I think we'll have to rethink our defensive strategy for GH BL on reset if this kind of match is going to be the norm.

Sneaky tactics should be fun
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I got confused by the sudden change of maps, all of a sudden nobody was where we he had planned to go. next time we need a more coherent plan, we were scattered all over the place.

Network Hub
    Yeah map queues really mess up any form of dynamic planning. It looks like we got teamed up on at reset on EB and our borders, although the forum noise makes it sound like they both consider us the main threat which is a bit odd. Previous fights with DE servers had them roll massive numbers all weekend but drop off fast during the week so we may soon be facing slightly less ridiculous numbers. The fights have had a real sense of drama about them which makes them much more fun.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    Yeah map queues really mess up any form of dynamic planning.
    Eurgh, yes. Not a lot we can do about it though.

next time we need a more coherent plan, we were scattered all over the place.
    Hooray, we've got ourselves a volunteer

Our supply capping left something to be desired on reset last night. Perhaps we could do that next week for a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Yeah Sap and as we discovered this afternoon, capping camps ain't what it used to be.

Then again about 20 of us capped Bay in MS BL tonight simply by outmanoeuvring their huge zerg - so it can be done.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Activated Node
    Hah, 30 seconds after you logged, they portalled back in and wiped us *headdesk* We found their Mesmer, but he got the portal off and jumped down before we could kill him.

I think we're doing well, considering the numbers we're up against, and I have discovered that I quite enjoy driving siege. Raar.

Yeah, I was expecting us to get stomped in primetime, but we're actually holding our own.

Xaoc are levelling the other servers to the ground every night, which helps us a lot in terms of destroying upgrades, but seems most Gunnar's players adapting well. I've learnt a lot, far more emphasis on defence at this higher level of WvW.

Still a bit early, but predicted matchup for next week after reset is two German servers, Riverside who look quite a bit stronger than our two current opponents and Drakkar lake who look a bit weaker. Should be another good week.

Urgh...finding it very hard to resist feeding the trolls on the community forums.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Urgh...finding it very hard to resist feeding the trolls on the community forums.
    Are you referring to something in particular? Did I miss something obvious? It's a bit difficult to tell from that one-liner.

Page 3 of the "WC 1/2: GH vs FSP vs MS" thread.

How about we field and RPS-group this Thursday?

To be honest, I see no trolling in those posts but quite a bit frustration expressed by one poster. That person might possibly need to work on his ingame behaviour but without screenshots of chatlogs etc. it is hard to tell if he is right or wrong with his statement.

Activated Node
    I was on the BG when it happened (although not in the immediate vicinity).
    He basically started whining about the commander's tactics and then threw his toys out of his pram when asked what he suggested they do. Didn't see any epic flaming in BG chat, no idea what got pelted at him in /s or /w of course.

Sensible to let the thread fade to oblivion, I reckon, which is why I've stopped replying to it.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsy View Post
    How about we field and RPS-group this Thursday?
    Love to, but I'm on call 2-2. Might be around tonight for a bit.

Network Hub
    So one of the things being discussed on the other forums is our patchy defense. I've posted some rambling ideas there but basically I think we should do some more defensive server/guild events- maybe claim and hold a keep or tower all night, get it upgraded, scout the area, ensure supply is running, that sort of thing. It's certain that our Hills, Bay and the northern towers will get hit every day by the usual suspects so there will definitely be stuff to do. Anyway as this is a public forum we'd better not get into any details here, but it would make a change from our usual attacking events.

I've got a PS2 commitment tonight but will also be flinging fantasy grenades about where possible. The fights so far have all been really tense and we've had some really close finishes.

WvW progression delayed until March:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1385839

The QQing on that thread is amazing.

P.S. Definitely in favour of that idea, Quine.