Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Network Hub
    Ah, okay, thanks for explaining
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Interesting stuff on WvW changes, esp badges of honor, here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-to-Shine.html

I like the idea of only having to buy one of stats or skin for a piece of armor. I hope it's expanded.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I'll be on the quieter side in terms of getting online this week, but I will be attending the community WvWvW meeting tonight at 7PM GMT.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

That's quite alright Duke, take it easy. I am burned out a bit from WvW at the moment, tonight's fights were mostly useless and after getting rolled by a zerg for the n-th time, I decided to log off a bit sooner than usual.

Aye, despite being at the meeting I didn't dip into WvWvW at all tonight because what you described there sort of meets with my expectations as to how it would have been. You may have missed the start of the meeting when people were arguing that we shouldn't drop down another tier, but I think it would be better for primetime if we did.

Saturday night proved to be relatively successful overall - with generally not a lot of success in the enemy Borderlands but yet we were easily able to turn our map our colour despite pretty much losing everything beforehand. We had a very, very large turnout compared to what I was expecting but ultimately I was zerg-herding with some new twists thrown in.

Still, inter-guild participation and very strong representation from RPS! Hurrah!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

I get tired of these debates about whether we "should" drop a tier. It doesn't make any sense to me. If we're not good enough to stay in this tier, we'll drop naturally. Things change so often that the idea that there's some "right" tier that we'll eventually find seems like rubbish. We've tried out all the relevant options now, and they all had their disadvantages... hopefully we'll settle down somewhere eventually, but I don't think we can manipulate that process.

I agree with everything you've said, Saph. Sometimes I think people pressure themselves too much when it comes to WvW and finding the "right" place for our server in the rankings. It's a given fact that we will go up and down in ranks depending on the setup, since we are neither #1 nor last place material.

Yeah, that's the thing: It's just an opinion. People can 'want' to stay in this tier all they like, but if we can't, we can't. The only difference I think it makes is if people 'try harder' - but surely we should be putting in '200% effort' all of the time?
    Guild Wars 2:

Exactly. The effect of the belief that we can manipulate our effort in order to find the "right tier" is that we seem to spend about one week in three deciding not to fight at full strength - which is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    ...we seem to spend about one week in three deciding not to fight at full strength - which is ridiculous.
    I think I don't have a "full strength" button on my personal control panel. No matter how motivated I am, when I lose a duel or two or get mopped by a zerg once too often, I automatically enter "engage foraging" mode and will only get back to the game when I am content again.

What I want to say is that... I don't have any control over my appetite. *sobs*

There is quite a bit of attempted manipulation of the rankings at the moment. For example a certain particular group of people who minimized what they did in WvW the week before last so it could cause a very low drop for us so they could put in there overtime last week in an attempt to skip a tier. Which of course did not work and they abandoned pretty early on in the previous week :P.

People should play times that they can normally play. Doing extra hours (200%) in an attempt to get more points is not sustainable.

As Saph said if we all play normally most of the time we will settle where we belong.

ps. Said group is apparently leaving
    Last edited by Lippsy; 26-03-2013 at 11:28 AM.

I can't say I'm sorry about that. Hopefully we can get back to rebuilding a pleasant community now.

I can't say I'm sorry about that. Hopefully we can get back to rebuilding a pleasant community now.
    I can't say I care about that. Honestly, I don't check the other forum that often anymore because I am tired of the constant drama threads.

Edit: Actually, I must correct my previous statement: I am a bit disappointed by those news. I had hoped that GH would be able to integrate newcomers more effectively.
    Last edited by Squiz; 26-03-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Interesting stuff on WvW changes, esp badges of honor, here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-to-Shine.html

I like the idea of only having to buy one of stats or skin for a piece of armor. I hope it's expanded.
    Just noticed that Arenanet has rectified some of the information in that article. Cultural armor skins won't be available via WvW.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I can't say I care about that. Honestly, I don't check the other forum that often anymore because I am tired of the constant drama threads.

Edit: Actually, I must correct my previous statement: I am a bit disappointed by those news. I had hoped that GH would be able to integrate newcomers more effectively.
    The attempts were made numerous times to integrate them into the community. Unfortunately after their previous leader left who we actually could talk to we were left with only having contact with 2 very abrasive commanders. A lot was "forgiven" under the assumption that it was the language barrier. There were meetings that were set up to talk things through that they never showed up to. The few times we got them on mumble to talk to us they said they agreed with what we said only to do the exact opposite the next day in map.

And then there are the alliances they were trying to set up with specific guilds and no others with them calling the shots for the whole server.

It's not my intent to point fingers. Playing together with others depends on the willingness of everyone included to cooperate. Since there was so little communication between different parts of the community for a long time (apart from naming and shaming in various threads and shouting at each other in map chat) it is difficult to judge what the individual positions are or where potential misunderstandings lie.

Of course I don't want to say that there were no attempts to foster communication, I just don't like how there was so much "he said she said" talk on the forums without getting the other side's version of the story. And I find it a bit sad that a potentially great chance for extending the server community has passed us by.

Anyway - the new patch will undoubtedly lead to more interest in WvW, at least in the short term. Will be interesting to see what difference it makes.

Back in the game probably tonight and tomorrow during the day!
    Guild Wars 2:

Anybody around for some pre-reset RPS wvw shenanigans tonight?

You know it good buddy.
    Guild Wars 2: