Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

I'll likely go, sod's law says if I sign up I'll find a reason to miss it.

Network Hub
    Right, that should have occurred to me. I'll just keep an eye on the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    Right, that should have occurred to me. I'll just keep an eye on the chat.
    Alternatively, you can also keep an eye on your PM inbox.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Rumours are that Friday night reset will shortly be moved forward to 11pm BST/10pm UTC/Midnight CEST: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...d-to-21-59-UTC
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    That would be good news. Our resets used to be a lot stronger than they are at the moment, partly because of the late time for many players.

I pity the poor engineer who has to get up extra-early and fiddle with the reset scripts, though...

Network Hub
    Our current matchup predictions are for yet more Ring of Fire but Dzagonur are looking to be replaced by Ruins of Surmia, who are supposed to have had some strong guilds join from the higher tiers recently so it could be a more challenging match than we've seen recently.

So with the new reset times we should have more people around for the initial push at reset on Friday and hopefully the higher numbers we've had playing will stick around for a more organised reset push.

I'll be on for then and it would be great if we could get enough people on for an RPS group to cause some trouble.
    Last edited by Quine; 18-04-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I would be up for a RPS reset charge, do we have anyone available with a fancy blue hat?
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    I would be up for a RPS reset charge, do we have anyone available with a fancy blue hat?
    Duke is still without internet access and Lippsy is running with Praxium when it comes to WvW, unfortunately I don't know anyone else with a commander tag. However, chances are it is not needed if a) we plan an RPS groups or b) people would be ok with joining forces with one of the other guilds like Midnight Mayhem, Cry Havoc, or Praxium.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I'll make a point of being around for an RPS reset crusade tomorrow.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    tomorrow evening wvw? sounds good

Network Hub
    If we don't have a commander around then there are usually some good commanders to hang with running fairly open groups. For example I've been on a few resets with Cry Havoc and they run some great coordinated squads taking on some big enemy forces and you can learn a lot.

We can always go off and do some RPS party stuff to handle other objectives if we need to as well.

A shame to see Dzag drop as they are miles better than RoF. RoF spend 90% of their time sitting in their BL and the occasional uncoordinated zerg in EB.

A lot of guild groups actually run without a tag now. As long you're in parties and have some mumble going on it's ok. I will definitely be on for reset, would be good to get at least a party going for supply camps / helping pushes. I normally try and start EB for SM rush (unless I get que), then home BL (if it needs defending) otherwise move on to whichever BL we are hitting hardest.
    Last edited by sendmark; 18-04-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Well I'm up for a reset run tonight (for once.)

And we don't really need a commander if we can get everyone on mumble, and even then if we just have one person per party on mumble who types what we are doing then things will be fine. I've done some RPS groups in WvW with just typing and things turn out fine. I mean in all the times I have run with a commander the only time I have ever used squad chat was with duke.

Though one of these days I'll finish saving up for my connader tag.

I think people don't use squad chat because the believe that it is fundamentally flawed (I disagree); the main reason for having a commander is so that people can easily see where they need to be on the map. Especially useful if they have to respawn.

Still running without one is perfectly feasible; I'll definitely be around tonight.

Yeah definitely workable for parties to have one person on mumble typing out in party, also can track them on map via their blue dot. Another thing I've seen in a few WvW vids now is keeping called target on your own leader/ main tank, then everyone can keep track of them on screen. Helps a lot in terms of positioning and stacking up.

The targeting the group leader is an excellent thing. And ye working with blue dots is fine as long as the person on mumble knows WvW so we will be fine.

Network Hub
    Resets tend to involve either building up defences and holding out against the initial waves or grouping up to take on the enemy masses so there's usually a lot of defined objectives to go for and it's not too confusing even without a commander. All we need to do is pick a map to start on and see how things unfold.

I'd suggest avoiding EB as it will probably be one of the only ones with queues, but I prefer defending generally anyway.

I'm more sort of [s]headless chicken[/s] attack minded, and like the idea of RoS BL at the moment but we'll see.

anyone wanting to join in we'll be on community mumble in order coordinate with the various guild groups from around 10.30.
    I haven't done reset for a while, the meeting place used to be Rata Sum, I suggest we go there so we can amuse ourselves jumping off the edge before the new match-up starts.

Good fights tonight. Doesn't seem like too much to fear from Ruins of Surmia, other than early morning pvdoor. Competitive though and their standout guilds do ball up and charge well.

Network Hub
    Their straight-line veil charges seemed to work out about half the time from what I saw. Seems a bit three months ago really...