Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yeah, should be interested to see what effect it has. I guess we'll get more queues -- and we might be at a slight disadvantage against DE/FR servers.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Had my first hide & sneak portal moment tonight with my new Mesmer (currently level 17). ]:) *Happy dance*

Network Hub
    I will get round to levelling a mesmer soon I think, if only for the zerg-infuriating potential.

So I see our erstwhile opponents have gained some new bandwagon guilds, and some of our recent arrivals are off elsewhere in their pursuit of excellence. Great job, Arenanet!

Obscure Node
    At least RoS should be out of our grouping in 2 weeks, just a shame a few guilds aren't sticking it out (or "leaving for a better challenge", lol). Admittedly, I've looked at who's leaving, and to be honest can't remember actually seeing them in WvW. I feel sorry for the poor guys shelling out money for each transfer!

Reset times changing shouldn't be too bad i think? Isn't it 7:00pm UTC, so 8pm UK time?

Wow, we've had a pretty terrible run of disloyal high-tier vacationers recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Wow, we've had a pretty terrible run of disloyal high-tier vacationers recently.
    Woops, barely noticed that they were there, although when I heard them talk on Mumble they seemed to be ok folks. Roo has made an excellent post about this behaviour in general on the official forums:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1898373

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    WvW is the same as it ever was and it will continue to be the same in the future. I pity the guilds that chase fruitless long-term server-spanning strategies instead of simply embracing the perpetual tactical challenge the gamemode was designed for.

When did 'zergs' become 'blobs'? A terminology shift towards the ugly.

I am not surprised to see that guild cut and run, they made too much noise about their wvw skills on joining. Inevitable they would join the bandwagon.

Going to be a rough week, bad enough with all the day and night capping now we have big primetime zergs to deal with as well. There still can be some fun to be had in specific events though, go in group and take something, move on if they come in a force that is too large to take out.

Network Hub
    Reset was just ridiculous- outmanned on our own map right from the start, RoS zergs melting our gates within seconds, and the few times we tried to make a stand with 20+ people on mumble we met 40+ Vcy veil charges. Very low numbers at reset again- partly because half our side are probably still down the pub at 7PM and partly due to how one-sided the last match became.

We decided to let them fight Dzag for the rest of our stuff and took off for RoS borders where we had more fun capping their less-defended holdings and some actual proper fights with tactics and everything that lasted more than a minute! Then their big teams started homing in on us and I decided to call it a night.

Hyinna wrote a great satire on the current meta situation on the Anet forums:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...nd-Guild-Wars/

I'm baaaaaaack.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I popped into the weekly WvWvW meeting on community mumble this evening, and there are promising signs afoot.
    There is a commitment by the dedicated WvW guilds to get out of their own mumble channels and into general borderland ones when they are not in a guild event; so hopefully the general channels should be a bit more populated.

And this week is a good week to take your lowbies in for training, since nobody is going to care too much about anything...

So if anyone isn't already, and wants to get in on the WvW action, the community website is here:
    http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Ayuibi from Midnight Mayhem [MM] is giving a series of WvW training sessions at the moment. I briefly ran with them yesterday night. The focus was on group movements, timing, and usage of combo fields (like 50s AOE swiftnesslololol, might stacking, mass retaliation for bringing down buffed supervisors, and so on).

Highly recommended for both new players and people interested in getting a bit more organized. Fun too, obviously.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    think I might level my guardian in WvW this week, looking for an appropriate support build to try out.

so if anyone is around on Wednesday etc.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Network Hub
    I think someone, probably Aiyubi, is being leant on to write up a beginner guide to combo fields and the like on the forum. Good use of fields is a massive advantage in larger fights and everyone should try and learn what their class has in terms of fields and finishers and their effects.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

Great small-scale 3-way fight with RoS and Dz at GH Water -- which Surmia had fully upgraded -- tonight. Very entertaining, and went on for quite some time, before (of course) a big RoS zerg came and decided the matter.

With the advent of Aliss getting his tag, Jarnade being close to his own and Sap organising his own events, I think I'm taking a little more of an administrative role - along with coordinating with the wider community. Despite the match-up it seems like we're getting good, consistent turn-outs for WvWvW as a guild on a nightly basis and it may be worth trying to organise something bigger with the rest of the server once again to show just how great we are.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

RPS WvW wouldn't be complete without Duke-led charges! I hope you're not thinking of hanging up your tag in favour of said "administrative role"

Yeah, stop being silly Duke! Administrative role... I can already picture you behind a desk with thick glasses smoking cigarettes all day and playing solitaire.

The good thing about having at least 2-3 commanders in guild is that we should be able to have WvW events more often, as all of us are pretty busy with various things IRL.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

It's going to be tight but we may still get bumped down a tier. Have to say this is the first time I would be happy with that, being with the bandwagon server is just too much for our current population.