Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Instead of being associated with the first world you log in on during the tournament we are tracking various activities in WvW to more closely align your rewards with the world you played on. We’ve also added an NPC to all the WvW maps who can tell you which world you are currently associated with.
    What problem is this designed to solve? It sounds like a retrograde step.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    gah more tickets to store somewhere until you have enough of them pfft as we had endless storage space
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    What problem is this designed to solve? It sounds like a retrograde step.
    I think it's so people don't double-switch servers to get the obvious winner of the bronze league, for instance. Not that I think it's a problem, if people want to spend a bajillion gems on that they should go for it.

Edit: So you can finally get ascended stuff and unique skins, but it's tied to world placement? That is such a good idea and will not lead to server hopping. At all.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    WvW Monday meetings have been revived. I think we should try and have a representative at them, at least to begin with.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

What's the GH guild news? Haven't been paying attention recently. Do we still have descendants of PRXM/RAGE/SoE/CHVC/etc around?

Network Hub
    I have to say what with RL intrusions and the current state of the matchups I haven't been finding myself playing so much for a while. Resets seemed to be massive queue-fests and other times I was on there were very few people around apart from a few silent guild groups.

Am I missing much at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    I have to say what with RL intrusions and the current state of the matchups I haven't been finding myself playing so much for a while. Resets seemed to be massive queue-fests and other times I was on there were very few people around apart from a few silent guild groups.

Although I am only playing WvW on an on-and-off basis, I think we have a healthy amount of players and quite a lot of PUG-friendly commanders. Not so sure about established guild groups. I know that Fab is still leading his group and I think I've seen some PRXM people every now and then (can't really imagine that Padme has stopped playing).

Only one way to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post

KISS came back to GH. Hopefully they'll do their thing and bugger off to where the grass is greener.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

You're kidding? Never thought I'd see that happen.

yeah, Fab is now leading a guild called Rerolled [RE] or something. Apparently KISS are back, but I haven't seen them and there are a whole bunch of newly arrived guilds who are generally pretty good and have a good outlook CC & NUKE amongst others.

Every time KISS is on the map, they get flamed by someone. It's really hilarious, fingers crossed they leave rather sooner than later.
    Also we have a new guild called Asc - Third Ascension who run really big, effective open raids with a good attitude. Overall, it's a good time to play WvW on Gunnar's Hold.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Have to agree, WvW activity seems to be at a high at the moment. I also really appreciate that several commanders are doing open raids and halfway organized PUGs, even if they tend to develop into zergs.

Network Hub
    Sounds like I'll have to stop fiddling with tabletop games and get some WVW time in.

with the league fast approaching, it might be time to start getting some guild raids organised.

with that in mind, dust off your PTV armour and post here if you are interested in some structured raiding (i.e. no tags) days you are available and if you would be happy to lead a raid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    leading with no tag but but... I won't lead though a sI haven't WvW for years (or so it feels like) but I could be persuaded to bring my Mesmer along when we have a leader.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Network Hub
    It's time to pwn some n00bs. And by that I mean jump off cliffs.

I'll get my parachute.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

I think we have enough seasoned WvWers in the guild to get a small raid group going, perhaps once a week. I'm happy to lead some of these (and even tag up if the map needs it), 'bout time I dusted off my PvE blue hat. My playtime is going to be spotty in April though, so I can probably do more in the second half of the season.

I'll be organizing on-the-spot roaming parties though whenever I'm around.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm up for a spot of wvw, been meaning to do more for a while, but prefer something organised to just following a Zerg. Even tried soloing with my thief, but with limited results...
    I can offer guard or warrior (pvt), necro (rabid/dire), thief (carrion/dire) or Ele (celestial) for these runs.
    our normal Thursday time seems to work well. Maybe sat also as we often have better numbers at weekend.
    I'd avoid Fridays due to reset queues and a clash with my beloved fractalfriday.

Lead? You've got to be kidding. Ill save that for 5 man instances.
    Alyss - shout in /g for your roaming parties, times like yesterday when dungeon requests hit overwhelming silence I am definitely up for it!
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet