Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Network Hub
    Well after another few days of tedious OTT zerging by FS and AM being their usual quiet selves we just had one of our totally epic defences of our keep in EB. FS took our outer down with their trebs at SM hours ago, but before we could push them back long enough to do something about the trebs they built at least 4 on the vista within range of our keeps inner wall. I was with some eles playing treb tennis for a good long time but we couldn't stop all the shots and they had their entire force camped round the siege to stop anyone bashing it.

The inner wall eventually went down and we were on 0 supply and a few arrow carts and a cat to defend against a zerg that outnumbered us by at least 3-1. Except they managed to bungle the assault and got spread out on the narrow paths upto the breach and were too hesitant to go through as a mass (for once) and got pushed out and wiped.

Being FS they obviously did the exact same thing again for maybe five more attempts- bunching up in a lovely way in the narrow chokepoints on the map so I could try out my new glass cannon ele build and we all got the lootbags. We noticed their numbers thinning out after a few waves and saw AM and GH had gone to town on their map and nicked a load of their stuff, and somehow people managed to get their trebs down with suicide charges.

Of course AM still had to take Veloka to ensure a nice even split of our part of the map between them and were building a golem at one stage until I noticed it was within cannon range, so that didn't go well for them. Good leading by Catinka and Insky and some good use of comms to keep people alerted made for an epic defence easily up there with the KISS Bay Weekend incident. Of course FS will do the exact same thing tomorrow to prove that the plan can work if you just zerg harder but it was fun while it lasted...

Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    ROFL!

Amazing.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    I almost pissed myself Awesome!
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Did anyone attend the meeting last night BTW?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Network Hub
    I was stuck on a train at the time- I asked a few people if anything of note came out of it but got nothing back.

The wuvs are looking rather quiet at the moment- I hope we get new opponents after this match, but the predictions aren't promising at this stage. Still I've been having fun levelling up a hammer/rifle warrior as an alternative class.

We might get Miller's Sound instead of AM if we're "lucky".

Activated Node
    I was thinking about running an event on Friday night.
    See how fast we can run the 'loop' and flip all the camps.

Sound like fun?

Yus!

10char
    Guild Wars 2:

Pssttt, community meeting at 4PM GMT on Saturday. It's going to be about focusing on targets. Winnnnnk.
    Guild Wars 2:

One thing re Friday: that might be the night we unlock the first guild mission. But I'm sure there'll be time for both!

Activated Node
    Oh? Can do it any time

I have no idea whether we can actually run the guild stuff tomorrow, I just noticed that the Guild Bounties Unlock ends in 39 hours.

Party happening in WvW tonight http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/threads/9...2013-8PM-GMT-0

So come join the fun

Activated Node
    Sounds fun! I'll be there!
    GW2: Devotion, lv. 80 Engineer

Network Hub
    Some great action last night and more epic defences of Bay. I got about twenty lootbags in a few minutes raining arrow cart death onto the enemy as they failed to push onto the lord. Shame I'm busy most of the weekend otherwise I might even turn up for these new guild events.

I just posted on the community forums recruitment discussion about how a regular EB-focused WVW event would improve morale and attract people into doing more WVW as right now it's rather underpopulated as we concentrate more on our own map. I can't organise stuff myself due to random work pressures but what do people think? The last time we tried an RPS EB night we attracted quite a following, even if we did encounter stupid numbers of enemies.

I honestly don't know what's happening nowadays with the WvW scene, the GH forum is full of thread upon thread of debating and flaming over recruitment and people writing walls of text about who knows what really.

Anyone still in touch, because I've been kinda out of it for the past weeks - and things have changed quite a lot. I can't say I find anything worth reading/debating on that forum anymore, apart from headlines like "SOE is leaving GH" or "recruitment ideas".
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

We should keep inside-GH discussions to the closed forums. Apart from that, I believe Lippsy joined Praxium some time ago, maybe you could ask him for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    We should keep inside-GH discussions to the closed forums. Apart from that, I believe Lippsy joined Praxium some time ago, maybe you could ask him for more info.
    I agree that some things should be kept private, but I feel like posting on the WvW forum is rather pointless, considering the current mindset. I'll edit my previous post if you think it's too revealing.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Oh man, that's terrible news about SOE. I hope other old-timers don't follow.

I guess the last few weeks have demonstrated the damage that a stale matchup can do to a server's morale.