Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Network Hub
    That's pretty much it. We've been outnumbered by at least 3-1 by the many zergs of FSP for what seems like forever (5 weeks? More?) and people are finding it hard to stay motivated in what is generally a numbers game. A few of the more vocal forum users have been going round in circles over what tier we'd prefer to be in and the community has become a wasteland recently.

We've been here before when the matching algorithm in its wisdom put us against massively larger enemies for months on end, but we got through that period by having a good multi-guild community so it was fun to win small battles at our primetime and not worry about the overall score. That's all gone now as people that are around are in their own guild or event channels and there are few WVW events for people to join in with so our ability to fight has dropped right off and people stick to PVE. There are often no people in any of the community mumble map channels peak time when we used to have thirty or more on some maps.

However when we have got organised and rolled with some numbers it's been tremendous fun and our current score isn't bad considering our relative numbers. Were finally fighting someone new in the next match on current predictions, and we may have an opportunity to rebuild the community if things change direction enough. It's a real shame Anet have let WVW languish for so long.
    Last edited by Quine; 13-03-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    It's a real shame Anet have let WVW languish for so long.
    Well, they're doing some minor fiddling with it now. Such as, oh, say, turning off culling.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    We should keep inside-GH discussions to the closed forums. Apart from that, I believe Lippsy joined Praxium some time ago, maybe you could ask him for more info.
    I'll be in guild chat tonight and answer any questions people might have since yes i would like to keep server discussion off non private forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Lippsy View Post
    I'll be in guild chat tonight and answer any questions people might have since yes i would like to keep server discussion off non private forums.
    Thanks for the offer Lippsy, I'll try to come around. While I have myself said above that open forums aren't the best place to discuss internal things, I agree with Noaru that the GH forums aren't a particularly good spot either. Maybe a RPS meeting on Mumble or in guild chat would be suitable to discuss ideas and opinions on the matter.

I think that is a good idea maybe on RPS's own mumble even.

Yes Lippsy, that's what I had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Well, they're doing some minor fiddling with it now. Such as, oh, say, turning off culling.
    I just saw that - amazing! It's no overstatement to say that this might have a radical impact on the WvW experience. I am really looking forward to see those changes implemented.

Activated Node
    I guess we ought to do something about it then.

(The advantage of us running WvW events would be that we get to pick what time they start )

Auntie Pzinget's Friday Night Extravaganza, anyone?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Sounds fabulous!

By the way, while I agree that we should keep serious WvW discussion to the GH forum, nothing in the last few posts really qualifies as top-secret information that shouldn't be shared with other servers. Surely we can talk about WvW here within reasonable limits. We don't want to be saying things like "let's use X tactic against FSP", or "we'll hit Spiritholme at 7pm", but there's plenty we legitimately talk about up to that point.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Of course, jha4ceb (seriously, I just c+p your name now), I should have been more specific in my posts above. What I'd like to keep away from the RPS forums is any discussion involving guilds and/or single players, as this is a recipe for internet drama. We are too awesome for that.

Hello folks!

Just checking in to say that I'm still around. Actually, I'm in the midst of preparing for a job interview tomorrow morning which is nice. Given the state of the community at the moment, I am very tempted to organise a large-scale event (Basically 'A Call To Arms II' but with a better name) to get people into WvWvW again. As some of you will know, my most recent forays into WvWvW have been pretty bad considering the wealth of my previous successes, but that may change soon.

I will keep you all updated.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Network Hub
    Good to see you still active Duke- we should definitely try and get some RPS activity going soon- maybe after this zergiest of matches has ended and we're against some different opposition.

We can only increase our server's WVW activity by turning up, having fun, and generally being excellent (or amusingly crap) in the field.

Good luck with that job interview! Talk to you soon, Duke.

What I'd like to keep away from the RPS forums is any discussion involving guilds and/or single players, as this is a recipe for internet drama.
    I've heard that squirrelfanatic bloke is a right old idiot, and dont even get me started on those douchenozzles in RPS...

<3

Activated Node
    My splendid hat and I shall be doing some leading tomorrow (hahaha what a joke) from 20:30 until I can get some other poor sod to take over. See community forum for details.
    I'd love a good RPS turnout; the aim is to get all those elusive guilds out of mumble and having a good time. All welcome, particularly if you've never been to WvWvW before

Activated Node
    Saw a pretty motivational vid on a 13man team taking a keep. With the right builds and tactics, you can accomplish much more than mindless zerging. Too bad GH doesn't have too much of that really organized play, with proper builds and setups.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovx_c_OyZQ
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

You might want to talk to Praxium, CORE, CHvc, and other guild groups, John. They do stuff like that or at least are working on implementing it. Hell, there is no reason to believe we couldn't pull these things off!

Activated Node
    You might want to talk to Praxium, CORE, CHvc, and other guild groups, John. They do stuff like that or at least are working on implementing it. Hell, there is no reason to believe we couldn't pull these things off!
    Yeah, it is pretty awesome what these guys did. Makes me want to invest building up hammer warrior.
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

Good thing Rhea is geared for Hammerwar then. Also Lippsy has a Hammer Warrior, if I remeber correctly. Hammer train! (the "music" in that video is terrible, beware)

Yeah guys, you gotta remember that, in our hey-day, RPS* used to easily cap Hills, Bay and Garrison within a few hours on a single Borderlands. We will return to that sort of form, but at the moment it's difficult to do so when a zerg descends on you just while you're crossing the map as a group of five.

*And fwriends!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Network Hub
    So the new match has kicked off and we're up against Abaddon's Mouth [DE] and Miller's Sound [DE]. For some reason German/regionalised servers have always had a very high population at reset and for the weekend and then massively drop off over the week. Even with that in mind our initial few hours have been fun and profitable, despite Miller's capping a ton of stuff and pulling ahead slightly.

I was on EB and we took and held Stonemist for hours until a massive 3-way fight saw us kicked out, but we've been taking on their curiously stationary zergs and mercilessly polishing them off most of the time and without the sort of 3-1 numerical disparity we saw with FSP. There was a glorious moment at Rogue's supply camp where they bunched up into a lovely small group and tried to turtle their way through an attack as grenades rained down on them and I ended up trying to cope with about 20 lootbags in a few minutes. It was only when they put an Omega golem together they eventually managed to cap Stonemist and we have every chance of getting it back sometime soon, so overall it promises to be a lot more fun than recent matches.

Also there will be a repeat of last Sundays open WVW event lead by Gwynn of NOX tomorrow so anyone who fancies some group WVW should come along- details are on the community forum.

Thanks to Pzinget for organising our little outing earlier- it was good to roll about semi-randomly having fun and breaking some world records.
    Last edited by Quine; 16-03-2013 at 03:45 AM.