Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Network Hub
    Might be there as well.
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Network Hub
    So the new match started last night- we're up against Dzagonur and Ring of Fire. I was on our map until about 2/3AM and it was fun, despite getting almost all our stuff rolled by enormous Dz zergs at the start when there's no supply to defend and we eventually capped it all back.

Gwynn from CORE was commanding most of the map and Praxium were bunkering Hills and he did a great job of getting us in behind the enemy at various keep lords to wipe them just before they capped stuff, and we wiped their zerg in head-on fights more often than not until there was too much loot to collect more than once. Even RoF were running a massive group at one stage but they weren't that effective overall.

Midnight Mayhem [MM] had a significant presence on the Dz map and took most of it over for a few hours until they concentrated their forces to recap, but EB was apparently a bit of a mess, though doing much better now. It's been a fun match so far and despite some zergy play by the enemy we're doing okay and nothing's decided yet in terms of overall position. It was good to see people coming together and communicating, organising and fighting well together like we used to.

Should be a good week.
    Last edited by Quine; 30-03-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Aye, some good fights this afternoon under MM commanders deep in EB. Almost swiped SM a few times too.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

A truly fantastic night folks. Had a lot of fun this afternoon with folks in Fractals and then in SPVP, but then Insky whispered me at about 9PM to advise me that they were going to attack the German Borderlands with golems. I was able to rally quite a lot of us in RPS to the cause and that lead to the next three hours being filled with successful caps and great fights. Pretty amazing stuff really. Kudos to everyone who turned out for it!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Network Hub
    We had a long and epic siege of RoF earlier- trebs on the small boat hammering their wall was quite surreal. It's nearly fully upgraded now and we're digging in.

We've had some really good fights so far- very close and lots of flanking and reversals of fortune.

Activated Node

Larger picture : http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...3&d=1364764516

Epic Battle defending Bridge.. and yes we won....

Just coming in to say hi to you guys, I've been off for a while and right now I have no idea when I'm going to be able to have my gaming rig up and running (need to find a flat and get settled into my new job first). I hope the match-up with RoF is fun - I kinda liked them as adversaries - was hoping to be back by the time we met them again.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

DZ just took 10 golems to our BL at 1am, I guess payback for Insky's golems We lost Garrison and Bay due to our low numbers, had siege but not enough people to man it. We managed to kill their golems by Bay inner and wiped their zerg at Hills though. Now the retaking/upgrading again

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Just coming in to say hi to you guys, I've been off for a while and right now I have no idea when I'm going to be able to have my gaming rig up and running (need to find a flat and get settled into my new job first). I hope the match-up with RoF is fun - I kinda liked them as adversaries - was hoping to be back by the time we met them again.
    Hey noaru, was wondering where you'd got to! Look forward to seeing you online again soon..,
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    Heads up- there's an XCore (friendly structured group raid type stuff) going down next Thursday run by Roo so should be good fun, and I see a yak-slapping contest *for cash monies* on Tuesday:

http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/forums/57-WvW-Events

Great job tonight folks -- three of us started off capping camps on Dzagonur BL and were capping hills with a tiny force in no time at all!

Network Hub
    Reset night has been quite tough on our borderlands- RoF seemed to disappear fairly early on but Dzagonur were zerging hard all night and we had a few close saves of our forts and garrison before they zerged some more and finally took them down.

Given that we were outnumbered something like 30-10 most of the time we did pretty well considering. Scores are still close and we'll see how things go at over the weekend. Good to see another close match so far though.

Activated Node
    For you guardians out there, some great stuff for your guardian:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAg49ziVUqM
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Don't believe the rune of divinity hype. Use a boon duration set. If you're already stacking so many boons with AH, you might as well get the most of out them.

The set for maximum duration is 2 superior water (trading post), 2 superior monk (AC), and 2 major sanctuary (HotW) for a total of +40%. It's a bit of effort to get but totally worth it, especially if you're using both empowering might and sigil of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    The set for maximum duration is 2 superior water (trading post), 2 superior monk (AC), and 2 major sanctuary (HotW). It's a bit of effort to get but totally worth it, especially if you're using both empowering might and sigil of strength.
    This is what I am running on my Warrior at the moment and I am very content with the +% boon duration, it's great for both PvE and WvW. I guess the love for Divinity runes comes from s/tPvP, where they are freely available but major runes aren't.

Quick bump for Roo's event -- not too many signups yet.

http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/threads/1...d-Mad-As-A-Bat

Network Hub
    Yes all should come along for some semi-organised WVW tomorrow night. Think of it as noisy sPVP with more wildlife and ballistas.

It looks like a few old names from GH are returning to the One True Server after lending aid to the enemy. I'm sure we can accommodate them somehow...

Network Hub
    I'd like me some WvW, but I don't like signing up for yet another forum that I probably won't visit ever again no matter how interesting. Can someone perhaps post the quick details in this thread?

I'm afraid we can't really post details here since this is a public forum (read: we don't want to supply our enemies with tactical information).

What we can do, however, is to have someone tell you in a PM or guildchat.