Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    was fun last night, was good to see a number of RPS throwing themselves around; and joining in the fighting occasionally.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I see we're once again caught up in the drama of former T1 guilds... *facepalm*
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I find it very hard to get even slightly interested in the latest crisis. They tend to sort themselves out anyway.

Network Hub
    It's not much fun facing one-trick 25-man guild groups in this tier, but RoS will be off to meet the next tier soon at this rate. Hopefully it will give us some incentive to shake up our organisation a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Duke is still without internet access and Lippsy is running with Praxium when it comes to WvW, unfortunately I don't know anyone else with a commander tag. However, chances are it is not needed if a) we plan an RPS groups or b) people would be ok with joining forces with one of the other guilds like Midnight Mayhem, Cry Havoc, or Praxium.
    Now that I'm back to a stable-ish situation and can play I might be able to fill that gap... been planning to get a blue hat (getting close to the required sum) but hat or not, I'm thirsty for WvW and I'm thinking of organizing some events pretty soon.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Noaru glad to see you are back. I am rather far away from my hat. So I am glad that you will be filling the gap. Also how far off are you? I am sure the WvWers will chip in a bit to help (or at worst that is me saying I will)

I don't mind chipping in for someone's blue hat.

Network Hub
    I can scrape together a paltry couple of Gs for a new RPS hat-wearer. We need to assert our dominance as the premier WVW guild on Gunnar's Hold once more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Where are those gold farmers when you need them? On a serious note I'm pretty sure that's how other guilds do it, they get other members to contribute for things like that. I'm not rich but I'm happy to give you a small contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    Where are those gold farmers when you need them? On a serious note I'm pretty sure that's how other guilds do it, they get other members to contribute for things like that. I'm not rich but I'm happy to give you a small contribution.
    Some of the "newer" members of the guild might not know this, but the concept of crowd-funding people's headwear is nothing new to us. We did it for Duke's tag, for example. Since he is all out of tasty internets right now, I agree that we could use another gullible bookah... eh... glorious leader to run in front of the RPS zerg and tank ALL of the incoming damage using his face.

So if people want to contribute, I am all for that. However, I fear that this might interfere with our 2g influence plan, which would be a shame.

Well I can manage both, how much do you have to go noaru?

squirrel: I've already thrown in 2g this month. So I can easily chip some gold towards the blue hat fund without it interfering with the 2g plan

@Jarnade It's good to see you back as well mate, been wondering what you were up to!

@Squirrel I'm good at that. I'm stunning as a corpse too.

Thank you all for the positive response to crowd-funding, I wasn't really planning on getting any help but Karuji already started it by graciously donating 5 big ones tonight. I'm about 10g away, so I can already see the shape appearing over my head.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Paid up. Now I need to remember to go to WvW to follow him about and mock him mercilessly when he leads me to my death

Ohara Scarlett

Noaru: been working on getting my first game launched, so hoping about the planet and so on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    There's a mysterious new map which dataminers have uncovered. It seems to be WvW-related. Lookie here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...rious_new_map/

Looks like some weird WvW-PvE hybrid map.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

now that sounds very interesting

Thank you Scarlet, Hawksbane, Tweetiti and Fersumengin for your contributions!

Purchase should be imminent.
    Last edited by noaru; 23-04-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Network Hub
    Congrats on the hat- we definitely need more commanders out there.

The WvW reset times are being changed to 9.00EST for US and 7.00 GMT of EU servers from now on, so our match will reset at a more civilised hour on Friday and should be a fun night of fighting.

Oh wow, that's nice. Having it at midnight was no fun for anyone, although 7 might be a tad early for UK, but just right for the rest of Europe.