Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Yeah. Well we do have a commanders-only guild in Gunnar's called the Champagne Council. The problem is, it's just a contacts list - you can only represent one guild at a time and the majority of the commanders are representing their own guilds, so the only purpose it serves is to see what commanders are online. I don't think the developers have ever given any sort of indication regarding custom chat channels, which is both a shame and something you'd think would be in the game from launch.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Network Hub
    The Planetside 2 organisation stuff almost entirely relied on smart use of Mumble and only used the most basic leadership functions from the game itself.

The structure was designed expressly to cope with managing large numbers of inexperienced players and to allow them to get to the meat of the game with a minimum of fuss. It does however require a large-ish number of experienced players to make it work.

I'm not at all sure how this would apply to WvWvW.

I'm planning to run around in WuvWuv tonight (probably around 8pm UK), start with the usual flip-a-camp-kill-a-dolly-or-two-and-get-your-daily-done and see how that escalates. I'm hoping to find a map that's not too crowded in terms of blue-hats (I don't like that we're winning so easily) so I can put mine up.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Network Hub
    Last night on WSR we had about 8 commander hats out of about 15 of us just for a laugh.

They totally failed to form a smiley face on the map and we were one hat short of building a terrifying 3x3 Mega Commander but it was fun nevertheless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I've just discovered that you can use Hylek transformation tonics in WvW (you get special weapon skills and everything).

Hylek army event coming soon...

GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Do it! Was going to suggest Sunday's event, but you won't be here, so next time.

I have to say this evening was not one of the best we had in WvW. We almost pulled off that cap of Cliffside, it was a valiant (and very cheeky) try, but otherwise it was just plain annoying with all the guild groups silently running around. And those two new guilds didn't make a very good first impression at all.

And then Arborstone managed to ram a fully upgraded GH Bay. That was cheeky squared.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Well at least you tried with it Aliss. I've not been in-game for a few days but I've seen that WSR have pulled their finger out this week, looking at the scores.

As for an underwater WvWvW event: I was thinking something silly like we all don hylek costumes aside from Sap and then go camp in the lake, killing anyone who enters. Being the only 'human', Sap would look like Poseidon, ordering his watery goons around with gestures of Kraitkin.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    that sounds like great fun; as long as enough people come into the lake.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

That sounds hilarious, Duke

I succumbed to having a rant on the community forums after last night's fiasco:
    http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/threads/1...y?goto=newpost

One good point made in the shoutbox was that when people lead in the Borderlands channels, others follow. We've seen this numerous times when a small Duke-led RPS group has evolved into a full mumble channel with a large zerg. So I guess more of this is needed. I might even consider trying it myself sometime.

I tried to resist ranting and only bitched about it in /p and a bit in /m. I'll give your post a read tonight from home, as I can't remember my password for the gh.eu forum.

What I wanted to do was precisely that, go on the GH mumble, put on my tag and try to get the ball rolling. But then all I could see on the map was Cry Havoc, SOE, FURY and some other guild group I can't remember the name of just running around, without any tag and communication (mumble was empty) other than silly trolling on /m. So all my will to actually do something went down the drain and we kept it small.

What also didn't help was that most randoms were out chasing karka and making everything lag badly so there wasn't that much to organize anyway.

That's pretty much why I didn't put on my hat last evening. (Felt an explanation was needed)

Network Hub
    Yeah it wasn't a great night of WvW. I think things are coalescing now- most of the consistent WvW players have joined one of the more WvW focussed guilds and run with them, and the rest of the casual players tend to head for EB as there's usually a commander there and, well, it's EB and there are no scary cliffs to worry about.

I think GH still has a lot of what could be called server pride- despite the fiasco of free transfers and people's propensity to jump to servers for personal gain we had a lot of people working together regardless of guild and having a good time even when we were getting stomped by Piken or whoever.

It looks like a lot of people just log in for guild actions for their fun- the way the scoring and tiers are such a mess means people are far less bothered about the server's performance as a whole, so apart from reset night it's all GvG sideshows and closed off events which means much less communication at the server level. I suppose most people would rather have a fun guild night than a fun server night and they can shout "STACK MIGHT NOW" at each other.

"STACK MIGHT NOW" is my favourite warcry.

doesn't mean they can't communicate in map chat though.

I reckon that thread has turned out really positively.
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    It was nice to see lots of people in a map channel under Gwynn last night- hope it lasts this time.

The channel discussion still seems backwards though- to me it seems like if you're on a map then join the general map channel, if you're doing private/open guild stuff then join a guild channel. Otherwise nothing will change...

Regarding reset- I think the next match will be a lot more challenging and putting a good force up at the start will be critical. We're going to get hit hard by both sides again and I really hope we don't end up spread all over the map and getting rolled by their megablobs once more.

Guild groups should stay in their channels when they want to run mega-tight groups without any stragglers or noise from the rest of the map. Otherwise I'd expect them to be in the BL channels. And even if you run tight groups you should still use /m or /t and cooperate with the rest of the people in the BL.

About next week, again RoS and Dzag, whoopeee :|. I'm planning to be around reset time, maybe on the defensive this time in our BL.

I'll be around tomorrow too, I guess we should make sure we're in the community mumble this time too.
    anyone who wants to join in and doesn't yet have access to the community mumble server get yourselves registered on this site:
    http://www.gunnars-hold.eu

Network Hub
    Ruins of Surmia have lost the big Votf guild who flounced out of the game after recent arrow cart and traps additions, and I think they may have lost a few other guilds or they're not playing so much right now, and we've had some new guilds join recently so things might be a bit less unbalanced.

It will still be a lot more action than the current match, which has still had some great fights and WSR and Arborstone have done well considering the numbers involved. We had some very interesting hard fights against the AS [Tz] guild last night- proper positioning and flanking of tight groups- their numbers beat our PUGs in the end but they deserved it TBH.

Our usual problem at reset is being too fragmented on a map as groups try to achieve different objectives, so being on the community comms to help out would definitely be a good idea.

So any plans for where an RPS group will go? See where other guild groups go first and where ques are?

I'm actually at work tomorrow while 7PM and then I have things to do in the evening so I won't be on for reset. Given the forthcoming adversaries, I would say defence may be the most interesting option.
    Guild Wars 2:

Haha -- interesting is one word for it. Last time I was at a Surmia reset we actually had a far better time assaulting -- I seem to remember us ninjaing their Bay whilst they were karka-rolling over our map.