Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Network Hub
    If Gwynn's on the map then stick with him- always guaranteed an interesting time.

If we keep our reset plans light and billowy we can help out where required or go off and cause some trouble as appropriate.

Good reset. Having guilds like Fury join us and VoTF/XxX leave Surmia has evened things out enormously. May still end up 'losing' on overall points due to coverage, but looks like we will be able to hold our own in primetime.

Had a good time commanding last night, especially as I think we did a bit better on the whole communication thing in /m/t. It was a bit sad that nobody joined us in mumble, but we had pretty good response times via chat when help was needed.

It was good running alongside NOX and SOE were at the right place at the right time quite a few times. I loved the fights at Bay outer (even if we got pushed out eventually - we farmed them good) and the caps of Hills and Dawn's.

Oh and how could I forget when about 5 of us got out from Woodhaven towards the Dzag zerg in order to pull them closer and they ran away. Hilarious moment.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Oh and how could I forget when about 5 of us got out from Woodhaven towards the Dzag zerg in order to pull them closer and they ran away. Hilarious moment.
    That's Yargh's scary colour costume effect!

Network Hub
    It was a fun night, and we certainly fought well above the odds last night, and the retreat from Bay was epic despite being pushed out. I think a few other people got onto the map channel but it was mostly a couple of guilds in the area- we deserve credit for keeping the map channel info flowing though.

Ultimately this match will be determined by yet more German holidays and RoS pushing hard in our weak night/morning hours, but at peak times we had the highest point tick and that's the main thing. I really can't see Surmia doing well in the next tier up where offpeak coverage is much better.

Well, as much as I hate to say it, we might stabilize into this tier with Dzag and RoS popping in and out. Unless vcy, riot etc. decide the progress is not good enough for them and leave as well which would see RoS hitting rock bottom again.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Network Hub
    I wouldn't be surprised if the more...transient guilds got fed up with the current Glicko implementation and moved on, or back to Seafarer's if they're having fun in T2.

Some of the fights recently have been great so it's all good, though.

Some action is planned tomorrow night. I probably won't be on and it seems like most of the guilds named in the subject bar of the thread won't be turning up, but ROS Borderlands tomorrow night should be interesting.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Or queued up like apple stores before release.

The idea wasn't bad, but I dislike how everybody suddenly has GvG planned and that's that. And my second dislike is that RPS isn't mentioned.

/rant

Network Hub
    I thought only guilds with events on the calender were mentioned?

I'm also getting a bit tired of all the GvG lonely hearts stuff going on in the forums now. I really hope we don't lose a close finish because the big guilds are all off doing premade fights for personal streamed glory.

Had some great fights last night- RIOT have been very profitable to fight against.

The announcement post says that all guilds that hadn't been mentioned are welcome to join. Not sure if I will be around tonight, but if I am, I will most certainly join any RPS group going around.

Network Hub
    There were a few of us running around causing trouble last night- overall we did really well and were scoring some high points by the end. Right now we're in second place and only 10k points behind Surmia- morale is high and we're wiping larger enemy forces on a regular basis.

If we can keep the pressure up to the end of the match we might pull off a close victory and it's bound to be an exciting finish. If anyone has some free time then definitely get onto the maps and hook up with the friendly regulars on there for profitable lootbags, especially the EU morning time period when even 5 people can make a big difference out there.

Friday night should be super-exciting at this rate.

So after a great effort last night, despite constant disconnects and lags, it looks like Gunnars has a well deserved and satisfying victory secured this week

Hopefully another strong reset tonight and we can kill the RoS bandwagon off for good. I'm also hopeful Dzag will realise it has been far better for their tick to focus RoS, as RoS really seems to struggle with fighting on multiple fronts. When Dzag focus us they just lose big chunks of their BL to RoS and then us.

Network Hub
    The final 24 hours of this match have been super-exciting and the server has come together very well to work as a team and take on some large enemy forces going all out to take us down. Next match could go in any direction, really and will be interesting to watch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Great win last week. What's the deal with this week? Are we being "focused"?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Great win last week. What's the deal with this week? Are we being "focused"?
    Basically it seems that way. We've got Vcy and Riot from RoS camping out on our borderlands 24/7, and there's a Dzag group often doing the same.

We're probably also seeing a bit of fatigue after all the long hours / late nights people pulled at the end of last week to get us the win then. Also being down since day 1 means we lose a lot of the "fair weather soldiers".

Yeah we were focussed hard straight from reset, RoS were always going to do it but what made it a nightmare was having Dzag do it even more. They had huge zerg on our BL right from the get-go, also pressed us right back in EB. After winning the matchup I guess it was to be expected though, everyone wants to push the top server and it's not like their temporary alliance last week which was poor sportsmanship from a couple of commanders.

I've been taking the weekend off after last week, suspect quite a few others have as well. Today we've got RoS pressing Dzag and definitely from this evening we'll start rolling on a comeback against both servers.

Next week is random matchups btw, which will be a refreshing change from RoS drama (sod's law says we still get them) but expect us to get pitted against at least one tier 6 or even tier 5, maybe even both.

New matchups should be interesting. Does anybody know just how large the range of the randomness will be? i.e. what's the highest server we could possibly face?

Well tonight I went along with Fab's SOE unit just to get back in the wider community a bit and also to experience serving under a different commander. As most of you know, it turned out to be a great adventure. Fab exposed me to a magical world of micro tactics and sort of renewed my interest in the use of Mumble for WvWvW.

Highlights include a great attack on our Hills after we got locked inside. They attempted to charge us while we were on the wall at inner, but it didn't go too well (for them).

Thanks to everyone who turned out for it - although I admit it was a little impromptu. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did and Fab said that we are welcome any time.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Yeah, that was a pretty incredible run!