Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Indeed, although I didn't notice any at all last night. I think people (including myself) refer to Dzagonur as 'The Germans' because Dzagonur is so damn hard to pronounce quickly. I didn't hear any of 'Those bloody Germans!' kinda shit, but remember that's the first time I've been on the public side of the community Mumble in about two months.

Thank you for your kind words Vlupius - those posts come easily after a good run.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Why they can't just do a simple one up / one down system is beyond me... would solve the problem of not having fluid matchups, would be far more balanced than random matchups, and and would be far more straightforward to implement than this glicko mess.

Yes guys, I admit that I broke the server-time continuum.

The initial reset was fantastic, what with us constantly smashing ROS and Dzagonur again and again with the help of FURY. There were some great open field tactics at play there and I honestly felt like we were in Total War. I'm definitely going to go to our own Borderlands more upon reset in future.

Of course then the match-up broke and... well... yeah...

Anyway, thank you all for coming once again. Now we're playing more with the community again I feel like RPS is back as one of the leading WvWvW guilds. It was really great to see so many of us turning out for reset and actually staying around for so long - even after it went tits up on us.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

This week's matchup is brutal, although we came back pretty well in our home BL and also managed to pinch Piken bay when they weren't looking It's pretty much ball up or die, no real scope for roaming. I feel particularly sorry for Fury who transferred to get away from this zerg play, now dumped back into it.

I wanted to get into WvW for a while, but I seemed to have other plans every time there was a big (-ish) guild event. I don't think I could have picked a better time than yesterday. Sure, at the end we got stomped like there was no tomorrow, but until then we had some insane fights and last-second rescues. I think I got more badges in that one hour than I got during all my WvW hours until now.
    Also, I remembered I should really verifiy that gunnars-hold forum account

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Ouch: we were unlucky to roll basically the hardest possible matchup given the new system. I think I like the principle of random matchups, but it looks like the algorithm needs a little tweaking. I haven't been able to play yet since reset, but looking at the scores I'm actually pretty surprised at how well we're doing - relative to Piken, at least. Riverside are just something else.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

On brightside Riverside are more weekend raiders, so during the week it should get a lot better. Especially with Piken hopefully focusing on them.

Guild Wars 2:

It might lack in specifics, but this post significant in a number of ways. One is that Devon is not afraid to face up to the problems with WvW - acknowledging them in a post like this is a good sign.

Another is that this is the first indication we've had that the scoring system could be altered to be flexible to the number of people playing. If that's done right, it could solve lots of the problems with night/daycapping.

The devil will be in the detail, of course -- but I think we have reason to be optimistic. Devon seems like a good guy.

I definitely appreciate that they're at least acknowledging problems, but my annoyance with the post was that it was just a little too ambiguous. Maybe it's just me, but I kinda already assumed that they were actively developing to fix the issues people have with WvWvW and I didn't really need them to tell me that. I would have enjoyed it a bit more if he had actually gone into detail with specifics as to how they are going to fix the problems identified.

I understand the need to be ambiguous if nothing is yet set in stone, but couldn't have they just waited a little while to give us something a bit more substantial?
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    'We're actively working on it' needs to be said as much as possible, via every available channel.

I definitely feel the frustration. I think we're just going to have to get used to the fact that the rate of progress in this game is much slower than it seems reasonable to expect. (A non-wvw case in point: In January we were told that all dungeons would be revamped in "the coming months". So far only AC exp has been touched at all.)

At this point my expectations are so low that even an indication that they're aware of the right kind of problems, and potentially useful fixes, is good news.

Miller's Sound and Ruins of Surmia is our matchup this week. Another tough draw as Miller's have been on the rise and easily beat Aurora Glade and Drakkar Lake. Surmia our nemesis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=V52mcZkThxs

Great start though on reset, ticking over 300 right now. I run with SOE these days for WvW, very good fun and whole server working really nice together.

Really great reset. After four hours we're leading on points. Miller's are numerous but squishy...

Thanks for commanding, Duke!
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 07-06-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Network Hub
    We had some interesting scrapes on our BL- several last minute saves of Hills seconds from being capped before we lost it, and a desperate protracted mesmer portal fight on the inner to try and retake it against masses of enemy reinforcements which ultimately failed. The server's working well overall with much improved communication and people are feeling positive despite the odd setback.

Millers are fielding the famous German weekend numbers and will probably win easily if they don't run out of steam first. RoS started off badly but are ticking above us and will probably PVD their score to something respectable overnight. It should be an interesting week as the fights are a lot less predictable now.

Cheers very much to everyone who turned up at reset in our Borderlands to run with me and the rest of the community. I am still cringing from losing Bay to that ninja cap but I hope everyone filled their boots with loot from the decent battles we got from it all. It was nice to 'unwind' after pushing for 100% World Completion!
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    I hear a load of superior rams were found at NW bay shortly after so that's how they got in. To be fair there weren't many of us and there were a lot of holes all over the place after so many assaults.

Today has been fun- apparently there was a big Miller's uberzerg event at about 5AM German time, and they came back en masse later on. We got RoS bay and nearly had it upgraded to a WP before we lost people to defend our map from Miller's forces and lost it. We're in second place at the moment and scores are close. Fights have been mostly fun so far and very profitable.

Great reset, great weekend, then Surmia's nightcapping rears its ugly head again. We did benefit from it before on Gunnars, but ultimately ended up battered in primetime then fell apart. It's annoying to fight against, not only for the loss of points but also coming back to wooden keeps in primetime and all their stuff full upgraded. Still, shaping up to be a much better week than last time.
    Last edited by sendmark; 10-06-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Network Hub
    Quite a lot of people felt our Russian morning victories to be somewhat...dishonourable even when we were benefiting from them. Ironic to see Surmia all for it after their outrage at being beaten last time when disconnects prevented some of them from being in the game, but whatever.

Anyway- we've been smashing far larger Millers zergs and generally causing Surmia trouble most of the weekend and it was a lot of fun, and tiers don't exist any more rememeber? Should be a fun week of combat however it ends.

I probably won't be online for reset this Friday but I trust you all to have fun!
    Guild Wars 2: