Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Another massacre in store this week vs. Blacktide and WSR. I fully expect Anet to reduce the possible variation on WvW matchups in the next few weeks -- Devon has already hinted as much. I'm still strongly in support of the randomization, but it's clearly a little too potent.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Sounds like Surmia losing even more guilds, <Nom> left to French servers, <Fire> going Aurora Glade and looks like Vcy may be eying up a transfer to Ring of Fire. Have to say satisfying that they ended up in tier 9 this week, and even better seems our respective rating gain over them in last few weeks is what did it.

Only downside is two weeks of soft matchups has meant we may be losing <Fury>. Strong guild and hopefully we keep them, however we'll be ok if they do go.

Urgh, I hope we don't lose FURY -- they were an excellent addition. Similarly, I hope VcY don't go to RoF, because then we might have to start disliking RoF too...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    I will testify that [FURY] are fantastic to work with. There have been many a time when I've been PUG commanding on a map while they've been roaming elsewhere on it and they have come to assist me every time I've called for help. They are pretty awesome and it'd be a shame if they left us just because we've now got an easy match-up; we can't help our luck after all.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    2 challenging (but fun) matchups, followed by 2 relatively easy ones. Seems a bit short termist if a guild decides to leave after 2 weeks of easy matchups - we've gained ranking every week since the new matchups began and should move above Underworld, maybe even Fort Ranik this week if things continue which puts us solidly tier 6, so one sided matchups like this and last week will become rarer, particularly if they reduce the spread of the variation as seems expected.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Didn't even bother to WvW last night, when I logged on we had 3 times as many point as either of the others and while its fun to dominate once in a while, it gets old fast.

Network Hub
    Are those servers low populated or are they just completely rubbish?
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Network Hub
    They both have low pop. BT is a fraction of the size it reached in its high-tier bandwagon peak, and WSR can hold their map and a bit of EB at best going by pure numbers.

Despite the final score being unlikely to surprise we've had some good fights when the enemy have concentrated enough forces to hit back. WSR have been very dangerous defending their map and have some very good players, and BT worked hard in EB to get their keep back which led to some exciting scraps, and it's nice to fight servers that actually fight back rather than run off to man some carts at the slightest sign of trouble.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Probabilities for our new matchup:

Gunnar's Hold
    0.032417 Vizunah Square [FR]
    0.149992 Seafarer's Rest
    0.308213 Elona Reach [DE]
    0.714109 Baruch Bay [SP]
    1.189140 Jade Sea [FR]
    1.342000 Desolation
    3.751555 Piken Square
    4.303991 Kodash [DE]
    4.386379 Riverside [DE]
    6.804944 Augury Rock [FR]
    6.915895 Abaddon's Mouth [DE]
    12.723796 Miller's Sound [DE]
    12.706363 Gandara
    14.554497 Aurora Glade
    15.635393 Far Shiverpeaks
    16.865227 Underworld
    16.312919 Fort Ranik [FR]
    16.289567 Drakkar Lake [DE]
    15.444699 Ruins of Surmia
    15.190776 Dzagonur [DE]
    12.670253 Ring of Fire
    11.805166 Arborstone [FR]

7.837955 Blacktide
    1.610731 Whiteside Ridge
    0.454023 Fissure of Woe
    0.000000 Vabbi

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Place your bets, Saf is the bookmaker :P
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Haha, maybe we should run a weekly guild sweepstake to add that extra edge to reset?

I think it's pretty cool that there are 11 different servers that we have more than a 10% chance of meeting. Bodes well for a variety of matchups. That said, I hope we don't get an Arborstone/easy week next week -- something challenging would be nice. FSP, AG, Gandara... GH hasn't fought Gandara since about two weeks after release.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Haha, maybe we should run a weekly guild sweepstake to add that extra edge to reset?
    Great idea! Make it so.

PS We should be able to scrap some reasonable prize for the people that guess right (and some silly prizes for the ones that get close enough). We'll put the ones that are completely off to the sword, as they should've known better.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    OK I bet Fort Ranik [FR] and Dzagonur [DE]
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    PS We should be able to scrap some reasonable prize for the people that guess right (and some silly prizes for the ones that get close enough). We'll put the ones that are completely off to the sword, as they should've known better.
    in which case, I'll go for Vizunah Square & Fissure of Woe); if it's right I'll be the only one who guessed it
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    in which case, I'll go for Vizunah Square & Fissure of Woe); if it's right I'll be the only one who guessed it
    Rather suicidal I'd say.

PS I'll go with RoF and Gandara.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

I'll set up a proper sweepstake for next week then, with more advance notice, but if any of the above guesses are correct then they will be rewarded with a prize

So FURY are leaving for Piken Square -- they can't get the GvG they want to from our opponents, apparently. Hopefully their loss should be balanced out by the recent influx of WSR guilds.

Network Hub
    Whoa. That was like the best WvW guild on our server, wasn't it? (Except for RPS of course )
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

That sucks, FURY were great fun to run with.