Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

[FURY] leaving is a bit of a bummer, but I can't say that I've run with them a lot recently. I remember there were a few resets when we just ran adjacent to their guild group and pretty much smashed everything - but nowadays not so much.

In fact, I would say [RAGE] are probably our best WvWvW guild from what I've personally seen recently. It may just be due to the friendships I have with them, but they always end up working with us and have pretty much saved our arses every time we've gone out there recently. Some really great teamwork.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    So FURY are leaving for Piken Square -- they can't get the GvG they want to from our opponents, apparently. Hopefully their loss should be balanced out by the recent influx of WSR guilds.
    At least they won't be clogging up the BL queues anymore. The lack of real GvG mode like it used to be and lack of PvP features in general is really something that needs to be looked at though.

Agreed. I think that if your goal as a guild is to do GvG then you're in the wrong game (type) and the wrong community. Fury was always great to have on the map and reasonably communicative. But they didn't seem to integrate very well and I've witnessed some tempers flaring on a few occasions (not saying it was always their fault though).

All in all, it was good to have them on Gunnar's and, as always, some have to leave to where the grass seems to be greener. Wish'em good luck and carry on.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Fury going? Darn shame, always seemed a decent guild, and there have been many times they arrived en masse in the Lords Room to save the cap. Good luck to them, though losing a biggish wvw guild might mean some pain in coming weeks.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

We've gained two other guilds from WSR in the meantime, so it's not too bad. I'm actually glad they came over, as TEO is great, had a lot of good fights against them.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Our gain is WSRs loss it seems. Biggest drop I've ever seen in terms of ranking this week: -150k!
    http://mos.millenium.org/matchups
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yeah, I thought this might even up tier 9, but in fact WSR and FoW have just switched roles! Soon FoW and Vabbi might even be separated for the first time since November...

Edit: also, FoW have never before left T9...
    http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/2
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 05-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Intriguing from Devon on the official forums:

"And, while it isn’t an entirely new map, you can look forward to some changes to the borderlands soon. Let’s just say you should get your krait killing in now. "

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2599471

Surmia is now totally dead. Not just their bandwagon, which died a long time ago, but seems pretty much the whole WvW side has fallen apart now, all their guilds transferring off. Much like what happened to WSR and at one point happened to Gunnars when KISS left.

Fury leaving could have been a big blow but luckily we got the two WSR guilds and now picking up a couple of Surmia guilds (and maybe a few more). Seems we're now pretty much set at rank 15 (old tier 5), albeit big gap between us and the likes of Gandara and Aurora in 14/13.

Word on the GH forums is that FURY are back.

Confirmed, saw them in EB yesterday night. I don't particularly care for FURY, but wiping FR and UW zergs a couple of times was fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Why leave then come back so quickly? Maybe our grass is particularly green.

My guess is they saw how horrendously zergy Piken and its opponents were, and decided it wasn't worth putting up with that just for the GvG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I think the official stance was that they spent most of the time in a queue, so didn't even get to see the zerg.
    and also we are the best server they have been on.

I wonder how many Gems it cost them to make those 2 moves? I am impressed that they chose to return here instead of 'trying' somewhere else I do think that says a lot about what the community is trying to do here.
    Last edited by hawksbane; 15-08-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Assuming that Piken Square is a "high population" server, that would be 1500 gems, 1000 gems if it is "medium population", like Gunnar's Hold. If we apply a gold/gem exchange rate of 3.7 (which is a low estimate), that's 55.5 gold. However, I think it's more likely that a lot of players would spend real money for such a move. Given that, I would assume that FURY have lost at least a few members in the process (although some might just have stayed on GH during the first exodus).

When I went to bed we were 2k behind AM. Now it's 25k. So, I guess they have good overnights.

Still it's always fun to see the inevitable cycle on the community forums. Two weeks ago: "time for harder opponents!". Today: "PvE week!"

Network Hub
    Yeah it's been hard to recap a lot of the stuff that got fully upgraded overnight- we spent hours going for our Bay on Saturday and Abaddon just waypointed their zerg in and (eventually) crushed us several times, plus they have troops to spare to permanently watch stuff in case we try a ninja attack.

It's a shame we don't adjust our tactics as a server and try and take them on as a zerg, though. We've got enough good players to have a good chance of winning at anything close to an even fight, so pop-locking a map with everyone on the same voice channel under a single commander would probably let us recap our map in no time.

Of course everyone's still off in their own little guild groups dying honourably to zergs rather than upping their game and working at cross-server coordination. Running an effective guild group isn't the ultimate goal in WvWvW- running an effective server is...

Ice: I think all of us have been going on about that for a while, myself in particular going on about how we used to do things better in the xcore days. So I kinda want to throw this out there to everyone:

How can we promote a server wide initiative for co-operative WvW as opposed to people just sitting in their guild channels. Also I doubt getting rid of the guild channels would work, or something along those lines. But suggestion go!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I agree, but it means we need to lead by example; which means we need more people willing to lead the zerg.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Most guilds will never leave their private channels, and if the issue is brought up they will threaten to leave the community mumble altogether and move to their own private TS server or something.

That said, I agree with us needing more people willing to lead the zerg. I should probably think about putting that tag of mine to good use sometime soon. I've been meaning to use it in WvW, but the time has not yet seemed right. I guess I'll just have to jump in the deep end at some point.