Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Teamspeak is fine (above worries notwithstanding) and it does seem to have improved unity between certain factions.

We're definitely silver league. One more match before the league starts.

GH is in a good place right now. We have a very strong primetime (regularly matching even that of Piken last week) but our relatively weak offpeak means that we aren't constantly getting blob-dominated matches. This week's seems nicely balanced, against a recovering FSP and a waning UW.

The league should work out well for us. Most matches will be relatively balanced, and there's no danger of an Arborstone faceroll or a Vizunah stomping.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    Quite sad I missed this:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...iors-oh-really

Takes me back to the days when VOTF were Venting On The Forums about arrow carts before flouncing out of the game...

Anyway it looks like we could have a very close grudge match finish this week, which is always fun.

I was there! Imagine that. Had a good time dropping Chaos Storms and Null Fields on bunched up groups with my Mesmer. Looking back at it now I was indeed wondering how we were able to hold the Garrison. Bannering the lord seems to do a fine job at telling apart organized guilds from random zergs.
    Last edited by Squiz; 09-10-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Network Hub
    Looking at the RAGE video http://youtu.be/aP0YcNzd_68 it looks one of those rare times when stacking your entire guild and running as a unit doesn't work as you need to actually split up and take on the solos and then hold the entry points into the garrison. Then they could have run down warriors trying to get in and have 3 mins to kill off anyone porting in for the cap.

You have to wonder if that even occurred to them after, say, an entire hour of fail. But no, obviously their tactics are sound and it's the game that's broken, like those impossible to beat arrow carts.

Wish I was free tonight as they're bound to go at us full force to prove some sort of point. Again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    yeah, lets all roll Warriors tonight and go and stand in the lords room of Garri

If they see a bunch of up-leveled warriors just standing around waiting for them, they'll just leave. No point in trying
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Network Hub
    Maybe just fill the lord's room with Omega golems for a laugh...

Good fights tonight all. Especially after reset happened. I was as shocked as anyone to see this week's opponents but we had some great fights and I'm very proud of how we performed. It was a little more 'serious' than usual, but we still managed the jokes!

Parsley!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Really great fights last night, both before and after reset. One of the best days of WvW I can remember.

Another matter: here's a quote from Fab on the GH forums:

The problem from what i can tell is that too many people run GC builds without understanding how to properly mitigate damage. It's a huge problem when we go up against larger organised blobs, tonight we downed loads several times just to lose the fight because of rallies. It's extremely frustrating but there's nothing we can do about it, i'm just ranting.
    If we're to run with other people's guild groups, we should be aware of this. One of the reasons that some organised groups get funny about non-guildies running with them is that, if you die quickly, you can easily lose the fight for them. As I understand it, lots of large fights are decided by who gets the first rally. So try not to spec glass cannon for running with the zerg, and if you're pretty squishy, stay back.

I realise we were doing this last night -- "stay ranged!!1!" -- but it's worth keeping in mind nevertheless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I play what I want you filthy elitist. You're ruining my immersion by demanding the right gear for the right game mode. Also something about the true spirit of the RPG that has been lost over the years.

Network Hub
    I'd agree we don't want to be giving the enemy free rallies, but I really dislike some of the attitude towards "noobs losing us fights" that you get on GH sometimes. I think it's far more important for us to be welcoming and supportive of people new to WVW because they might stick around and become a useful player in the long-term, and losing a few prime-time open field fights isn't especially significant in how the server does over the course of a match.

When we hit the league matches I can see the entire dynamic changing- overall points will have an impact on how we do over the course of the season, and it will be interesting to see if people readjust their approach towards things like defence and scouting, or whether people will quickly give up on the score and go back to their own pursuits.

Really great WvW run last night -- that cap of Vizunah's fully upgraded Hills with Omega golems will surely go down in RPS history. The siege at north camp was fun too.

Now, roll on a more even matchup...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    agreed - north camp and Hills were epic. The first 10 minutes where we broke out of our spawn onto the blob was fun also.
    If only the final assault on Garrison had worked too - taking hills and usng its full supply to build golems that we then took to Garri was genius, but despite getting through outer easily we couldn't make an impact on Garri inner...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Apparently KISS have joined Surmia...

Network Hub
    Ahaha! Epic Grudge Match time!

Your doings the other night sounded great- shame I missed it.

Any plans for the league mega-reset? I'd expect all maps to be completely swamped for a while at the start so it could get chaotic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    sadly I won't be around for this reset but will look to do something over the weekend.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    It's my boss's birthday so I feel obliged to go for drinks after work tonight so I'm not sure if/when I can join, give them hell though
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

"Edge of the Mists", a WvW overflow of sorts, announced:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-Revealed.html

Sounds interesting... although I don't understand the thing with only select guilds having access to it. Is that only initially? Is it going to be a GvG playground?

Or is the end-result targetted to be like a purgatory where you can play while being queued (or where you can play if you want to test some new feature)?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Sounds to me like the "select guilds" thing is a kind of beta. It is a neat way for them to address the issue of queues whilst also adding a way to test new features.

RPS application for guild beta testing anyone?