Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Maybe that's why they're bailing... because they saw they can't win any match? Ok, ok, too cynical.

But seriously, abandoning ship first week of the season? I mean they're even tied to GH for the season so what's the bloody point?

I had the most fun in months in WvW this week and a close matchup is the best you could ask for...

PS Can we get back to mumble now?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Obscure Node
    How very strange, why leave after just one week? We have no idea how the matches after this are going to be, or how the queues are going to sort themselves out (which i guess is a major reason for HT). Also, they've locked themselves into our rewards now, so they're going to spend 7 weeks fighting for a server with none of the season rewards! Why not stick around for a few weeks and see what happens?

Oh well, at least with the recent influx of new players into wvw it shouldn't hurt our overall numbers much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Apparently HT aren't going anywhere, about 30 of them transferred to FoW to practice raid tactics - but intend to come back

that's what they said, anyway.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Won't they be tied to GH's success for league rewards if they have played since reset? Unless they left before Fri. One or 2 guilds leaving isn't a problem, unless it snowballs.
    As for the wins, that's the way a 3 way contest in a league is likely to work - we're ranked 6 out of the 9 teams - so on average we'll win 3 out of the 28 potential matchups, and it looks like those 3 aren't the ones we drew. Not great odds, but that's maths for you.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Actually we were ranked 5th IIRC - ahead of Millers - but I do think that ranking flattered us a bit.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Actually we were ranked 5th IIRC - ahead of Millers - but I do think that ranking flattered us a bit.
    we were wearing black and had salads for the preceding week.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

'Ave we got in?

Also, how was reset?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Looks like we didn't get in, yet

Reset was strong, ticking ~300 for the first hour that I was in for. Decent numbers on UW borders and we capped Hills and Garrison.

Quick question - have we applied yet? Personally I haven't been able to get an application in and will be busy over the weekend, so we'd need ONE person from the guild to fill in the survey for RPS. Any takers (in case this hasn't been done yet)?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Saf did it. Says so a page ago.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Must have missed that, many thanks Saph.

Gandara and Fort Ranik tomorrow - will be tough for us to come second in that one.

In other GH news, FURY are back (but smaller), but HT have collapsed, reformed, and left for good (to RoS).

Gandara is a very high populated server is it not?.. wtf is going on with our matches (if so) ah well. Not like glory hunters will go off to wherever the best deal is eh.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

noticed that too, we got a pretty bad draw on the matchups, will require us to push pretty hard where we can win not to get relegated.

with that in mind, who's for Stonemist on reset?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    In other GH news, FURY are back (but smaller), but HT have collapsed, reformed, and left for good (to RoS).
    They should put a trigger warning on that thread because it gave me flashbacks of my first GW1 guild.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    with that in mind, who's for Stonemist on reset?
    I need to work the exact locations of my missing few remaining points to get 100%, been on 99 now for a week or two...

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    noticed that too, we got a pretty bad draw on the matchups, will require us to push pretty hard where we can win not to get relegated.
    Next week should be closer than this week, at least, since part of the problem with this match is UW's weakness - giving AM lots of time to wail on us.

No details have been confirmed about relegation etc, but we do know that there won't be another league this year. Presumably we will have a few random matches to stabilise our rating. I think we're still comfortably better than Dzag and DL, so I don't see us getting relegated - though that may not be a good thing if we're 8th out of 9 in silver league.

think I would rather be bottom of silver league than top of bronze - that league is even more unbalanced than ours apparently.

Our ranking going into the league was 15th, which would leave us 5th or 6th out of 9, likely we'll end up 7th now though. Which means; if Anet implement a 3 up, 3 down relegation system (hopefully not) then we would get relegated.

Of course the league system brought us GRTS, who have been excellent and staying in the silver league means we would likely keep them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    3 up 3 down seems an odd choice if the leagues are already as imbalanced as they seem to be, as the only way it won't make things worse is if there are hefty server moves. Which means gems to ANet, so it might well happen...
    How are queues nowadays? - should get a chance to WvW in the next few days, but probably not tonight
    Anyone got the WvW season 1 meta-achievement yet?

I know Fersum has it, would be surprised if anyone else in the guild has it though.

haven't bee on this week, so not sure about queues. Think there are plenty on our bl, not so much elsewhere.