Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Can I just add a thanks to all the chaps who came along last night, most chucklesome and hats off (apart from near the end) to El Ducko for leading us on our merry but good chase

ps - please add your [normal] siege kit to the top level guild bank as we have a number of kind souls upgrading them to the superior versions which as yesterday will attest to make a good difference. Any elder logs or mithril ore greatly appreciated too!
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 22-11-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added detail
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sorry I didnt make it last night - want on till later and wasn't in the mood for WvW so ran fracs/dungeons instead with some mates in MM. Will drop the siege in the bank - Xen has 30 or 40 superior rams now so will keep a dozen and leave the rest for guild use
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Hey, no problem at all. Maybe you could give a quick shoutout in /g chat next time you do these alternative activities (given that you don't mind having RPSers around)? Sometimes I find myself in the same situation where I am not really in the mood for WvW but would enjoy Dungeons or Fractals.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Shall do squirrel
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Excellent WvW roaming tonight in Miller's with Squirrel, Rebel and Hawks! Got into some great 3-way small scale skirmishes in the southern part of the map and got a lot of loot.

I even had a proper 1v1 with a thief - and he didn't run away - and I won!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

It was very fun indeed. I was mildly surprised to see that my PvE build worked in WvW as well, but maybe anything that has some damage output works in this mode. Will work on acquiring a sensible set of gear for a build more focussed on roaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    It was very fun indeed. I was mildly surprised to see that my PvE build worked in WvW as well, but maybe anything that has some damage output works in this mode. Will work on acquiring a sensible set of gear for a build more focussed on roaming.
    If you are roaming and looking for small scale fights then something with more damage output than pure PTV is good fun.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Yeah, I'll probably mix some Valkyrie pieces in with my Zerker stuff, maybe even a Cavalier's item. Since WvW is all about stat abuse, I will also have to invest some WvW skill points to get Guard Leech and have a look at "healthy" food choices.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Guard leech...my wvw dream. So many ranks to go.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Looking at it from the perspective of the server as a whole, it's a horrible decision to go for that instead of things like Cannon or Ram Mastery but since it has been ages since I've been part of a real siege defense I might just as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is +100 power worth it, especially as it is lost on death?
    115 WxP is a lot - I threw 30 points in Flame ram mastery, myself

Sorry I meant Defense against Guards. 250 vitality. And 100 Power on it's own isn't that much but it adds up with all the other bonuses from food and other consumables. Compare that to the maximum stats you can get in PvP, it's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Sorry I meant Defense against Guards. 250 vitality. And 100 Power on it's own isn't that much but it adds up with all the other bonuses from food and other consumables. Compare that to the maximum stats you can get in PvP, it's insane.
    250 vitality is ridiculous.

And even if it's lost on death, you stack it back up rather quickly. I'll keep dreaming about it, still waaay too many ranks to go (bloody character-bound wxp grumble grumble).
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Thanks to MMs morning coffee raid, I finished the Tower, Destroy, Guard Killer and Camp achievements and have achieved meta status. I actually thought I would need to get World Ranker as well, but turns out I can't count very well in the morning.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

congrats, I'm still about 40 sentries short of my meta, that should be feasible by the end of next week though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

start levelling up all your alts now then since they will quickly realise that those first few easy levels will mean that players can expoit the system.
    Also, wonder what will happen when you delete a character?

I don't think that it will work this way, more likely that the WXP itself is pooled and then determines the individual WvW rank for each character.

exactly Squirrel, so if its easy to get the first 10 ranks then lots of people will roll new chars level them to rank 10 and delete them after the change once the ranking points have been pooled - this may not be feasible, but people with lots of alts, if they only have 1 or 2 that they use in WvW will now have an advantage over someone with just one character.
    Last edited by hawksbane; 28-11-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Reasoning was a little flawed