Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Network Hub
    We've had a few guilds returning recently saying they much preferred the attitude we have here compared to the more bandwagony/driven/hardcore servers demanding space for their uberguilds, map queues and general primadonna behaviour, whereas GH is still a slightly anarchic casual server that can bring a good fight if not always the numbers and has a pretty good community. It would be great if people joined for those reasons and we avoided becoming the new place to transfer to for the blow-ins, and so far the new arrivals mostly seem like a good bunch who will fit in well. Well, apart from the troll commanders seen in EB recently.

Reset was typically chaotic to start with. On our map we had a big Piken blob failing to take our garrison for a good 30 minutes as they found hammer trains fail against banner trains and they lost a load of their stuff elsewhere as a result. They must still be loafing to have such a low score unless the league destroyed their original strong guild population.

JS poured numbers into upgrading our Bay towards a waypoint, which would have been bad news. Several times we hit it to find a $max_server_limit blob pour out en masse, and they rampaged into our inner garrison before we called enough guys in to see them suddenly disappear and a Bay cap was finally achieved. It was good to see people responding so effectively in a crisis and wiping the hordes.

No idea where this match will go- we've had good overnight coverage and daytime scores have moved around a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Piken focus us for 'good fights' a lot and JS mop up our downgraded property as a result but it's anyone's game right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Tightening the randomness of matchups seems to have worked -- the top six EU matches this week are all fairly even. http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups/

Only so much you can do with the bottom tiers when there is evidently such a difference in quality between (e.g.) ranks 22-24.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So we are now 9th. If season 2 is same format as the first (Balthazar please no) this puts us in gold tier.
    Ouch.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Wonder if there is a graph somewhere in anet that shows numbers and per day averages with numbers of shifted people etc. Would make for interesting viewing...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Oh man this evening was awesome. I went through 4 salvage kits because I didn't have time to sell anything, ranked up a lot, and died only four times in...four hours or so.
    Taking over command duties after Fersum was more successful than I had anticipated, even though I acidentally wiped GRTS once and built two catas onto a wall that you can't damage.
    Edit: It's probably worth adding that my failures were not thrown into my face, which is really nice. Also I got sent rams after I ran out of my meagre supply. All in all an awesome night of WvWing.
    Last edited by Labbes; 10-01-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Network Hub
    Well done on tagging up last night- you kept our home map looking correct and stomped a lot of big enemy pushes. With about 6 hours to go we're only 100 points ahead of PS so it will be a close finish to a fun week.

Indeed, well done laddie - was a good stomp.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

So since I have to study but really don't want to, I made a wallpaper commemorating our win against Piken instead.

GOLEMSHOLD.jpg
    Last edited by Labbes; 15-01-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

I've been hunting on gh forum a bit now but can't easily find reference to the cool down lister that is used - can some kind sir point me to it please.

Tar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    WvW status it's in the menu bar at the top.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    WvW status it's in the menu bar at the top.
    Ahha, cheers dude. Saved

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    wow, just been commanding in EB and borderlands generally for nearly 4 hrs. Didn't lose a fight either capped SM twice.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    If this works as intended, it will be a stellar QoL improvement:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/w...-improvements/
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Oh wow, I'm impressed. Sounds pretty damned good... especially them fixing the r-click menu and giving you visibility over the queues (and making them linear instead of whatever kittened-up system it uses now).
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Linear queuing should really help keep guilds together for wvw, though I suspect the next few runs will be in the new map, because why not, and the new LS of course. Speaking of which a eotm run on Tuesday after new patch might be fun, get us all in new overflow, anyone able to command?
    bit of a shame queues were too bad for a guild run yesterday.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Network Hub
    That really is something. I'm quite impressed and hopeful; actually looking forward to this patch.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    That really is something. I'm quite impressed and hopeful; actually looking forward to this patch.
    Agreed I might do more WvW in the future
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You can buy and sell the new WvW consumables from EotM like air-strike grenades and sentry turrets on the TP. I don't know how effective they are.

Edit: You can't use them in regular WvW yet apparently. There is a 'use' command but you get an empty error message. In PvE you can't use them at all.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 05-02-2014 at 01:12 PM.

The new interface is tasty