Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Sounds good, I'm up for it as well.

It's like looking at meeting minutes from a year ago!

Seriously though, I'd also be down for some WvW again now I'm back to playing semi-regularly.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Do I have to feel bad if I am not able to beat a shatter Mesmer with all the WvW bonuses (Applied Strength and Fortitude, 25 stacks from the Sigil of Perception plus food buff) while on my Engi? I feel I need more training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You should feel bad no matter the situation or time of day.

Thanks for encouragement, I know I can always rely on you Malawi. <3

Network Hub
    I could get involved in some organised WVW biz, but anything during the week would see me rolling in after 8PM most nights.

Just had a wander around the maps for the first time in ages- the community TS channels were either empty or absolutely silent and there wasn't much going on in map chat. Did I miss a memo and we all swapped comms again recently, or is it just everyone doing their own thing still?

In my experience, people rarely get on to TS if the commander isn't (or if there is no commander at all). Basically, once a commander joins, a flock follows.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Played Edge of the Mists Saturday for the first time since that release week when Monkey commanded. There was about seven of us and it was pretty excellent actually. Nice mix of roaming with zerg play. I was impressed.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    Just had a wander around the maps for the first time in ages- the community TS channels were either empty or absolutely silent and there wasn't much going on in map chat. Did I miss a memo and we all swapped comms again recently, or is it just everyone doing their own thing still?
    With living story and real life hitting a number of old skoolers - we've been distinctly lacking in organised wvwing from a raiding party let alone commanding the zerg. Think there are general rumblings to get more sorted soon both because LS is over for the time being and also because of 2nd season.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Network Hub
    Aye, I'd very much like to get back into WvW. I'm a crappy commander - I survive most of my falls and no-one is following me - but I'm great as a mindless zergling.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looks like we will have no new Living Story until around 29th April at earliest (Expect SAB/April fools on the 1st, and feature patch on the 15th) so that shouldnt be an impediment to WvW for the next month. WvW season 2 kicks off March 28 and runs 9 weeks to to May 30. This will probably kick start peoples interest, with a combination of achievements/rewards and a gap in other content.
    The Thursday WvW hasnt happened for a few weeks now - is this just the LS/RL thing Monkey mentions above (maybe the feature patch will nerf RL), or would another day be better? If Duke got 7 ad hoc on a Saturday maybe that could be a new WvW time?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Would be (pleasantly) surprised if new living story starts as early as 29 April.

I wonder whether they'll go for SAB next week, given the poor(ish) reception that the last installment got?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

They'd better not skip SAB, I have some more tribulation mode skins to get!

Prior to running with Duke in EoTM, 5-6 of us were defending GH and I have to say that on all of the evenings I spent roaming I bumped into RPSers. We might not have any regular raids or events, but there's always someone from RPS keeping the enemy busy.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Would be (pleasantly) surprised if new living story starts as early as 29 April.

I wonder whether they'll go for SAB next week, given the poor(ish) reception that the last installment got?
    Yay for SAB!
    Valconas

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I've been popping into WvW a little more lately and am thinking of kitting my necro up for it so would be interested in any more organised stuff going on and if there's any set days.

Network Hub
    I was very much looking forward to getting into WvW again, but it seems I have a birthday party to attend to tomorrow. My glorious return will have to be postponed...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wvw season 2 seems suitably entertaining. Xen had fun running around EB and I think will be living in his wvw build the next few weeks, so don't expect much DPS.
    When are we having an RPS foray into the borderlands?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

A little later tonight mabbeh?
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    Sure, I'm up for that. How little later were you thinking?

Very strong stuff from Gunnars today. Hexen was commanding in Abaddons and dominated the map - definitely worth a follow if you're looking for a commander in wvw. Gunnars Hold Police Department was also dominant in Aurora Glade, it's a great sub-guild to join if you want to wvw raid in the offpeak hours and with experienced players.