Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Am I right in thinking that the new traits cost skill points?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the new traits cost skill points?
    I think only if not already opened...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Not spending the sp's on anything else tbh. I am using the sups more anyway and once it kicks off more than properly we'll use em quicker than you play with "the wurm"
    Have you already seen this then?

The new traits have to be unlocked with trait guides which can either be earned by completing content or buying them (with moneyz I think) directly. Details here.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Have you already seen this then?

The new traits have to be unlocked with trait guides which can either be earned by completing content or buying them (with moneyz I think) directly. Details here.
    Oh yeah, the "new" ones. Well I can't unlock the dual wielding (on warrior) one as Malawi as confiscated my single handed weapons and told me to use only gs and longbow
    And likely not allowed to get the extra vitality on the guardian as it will mean removing some dmg - banned my mal likely too

*sob*
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Ah, of course, I'd forgotten about that unlock method. I like it. (Not the buying with gold, obvs.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    anyone been into WvW yet, apparently Anet have been unusually generous.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...W-bonus-chests
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Oh yeha, so all my cross alt time I am now lvl 59? I think wvw wise...

anyone been into WvW yet, apparently Anet have been unusually generous.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...W-bonus-chests
    I did not abuse this by buying as much liquid WXP as I could afford.
    Last edited by Labbes; 17-04-2014 at 12:43 AM.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Finally kitted out my engi in Rabid/Dire gear, perplexity runes and general conditionness. Think I may give him a run tomorrow so he can pick on Gandara.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    I am going to try and organise some WvW raids on Tuesdays and Thursdays until the end of the season. - these will be semi-serious so please bring tanky chars (and lvl 80s).

I'll shout in game and if there is a good response then I'll starting adding them to the events list.
    This happening today? Hoping to have some play now we arent getting Gandara'd.
    Am getting seriously behind on my season 2 achievements, and dont really want to end up soloing sentries, dollies and ruins to get it. Speaking of which, a guild run at one of the BL JPs might be good at some point this season (we did Obby Sanctum early on.)
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    This happening today? Hoping to have some play now we arent getting Gandara'd.
    Am getting seriously behind on my season 2 achievements, and dont really want to end up soloing sentries, dollies and ruins to get it. Speaking of which, a guild run at one of the BL JPs might be good at some point this season (we did Obby Sanctum early on.)
    Do it via mists instead - so much easier and quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    This happening today?
    yes, I was getting random disconnects last night so couldn't get online - but hopefully there won't be a problem today.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Smashing. Will be on from 9ish I reckon. Perhaps 8.30

Had an entertaining time once more leading in edge with a motley crew of c. 10 guys. First we broke our own base door down with a red zerg inside who was over 30 at least. We meted out severe punishment and stole it back from the jaws of death in comedy style - I was admittedly leading from the floor after a suicidal run in with wells to shock em - it worked. Then proceeded to go round the map cleaning out shit loads of stuff even while outnumbered. Final class moment was semi creeping up on the observatory only to see a different 30-40 zerg having a few falls to their death from middle to low but we again cleansed them all up and then took it too. Much fun was had.

Network Hub
    Wiping that blob of red out with what felt like just a couple of us was brilliant.
    GW2: Emmett Lazlow; The Killing Gnut; Bob Danby

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Regretting not coming now, but had been put off after a rubbsih time in the mists Sunday. Hawks, Cheeky and I did some fun camp capping and dolly killing in the BLs instead

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFizz View Post
    Wiping that blob of red out with what felt like just a couple of us was brilliant.
    It was, they were 10% away from killing the champ when we ran in and the disorganisation from them was incredible.

Edit: will be up for that tonight again as I need only 3 wvw levels for the meta if you wanted to come along...

had a great WvW end to the evening, when I tagged up and rescued our borderlands from the clutches of Piken; wiped SWAT 3 or 4 times in that period. Had a very strong RPS presence, including some 'old hands'.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    had a great WvW end to the evening, when I tagged up and rescued our borderlands from the clutches of Piken; wiped SWAT 3 or 4 times in that period. Had a very strong RPS presence, including some 'old hands'.
    Where as my edge experience at least to begin with was evil and crappy with other mahoosive zergs trolling basically. Brighten up as time went on however and I managed my wvw meta with a final levelling hit that also netted me an odd exotic staff that could choose stats on. However I have all the staffs I need across all alts so I bl kitted and got the nice sup sigil (cond dmg), and 2 globs of normal and dark. Nice.

That's an odd thing -- is it a staff that formerly had Traveler's(?) stats?