Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1062

Thread: WvW happenings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    That's an odd thing -- is it a staff that formerly had Traveler's(?) stats?
    Having looked it up on dulfy, twas delusion.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Aside from my shenanigans tomorrow there's a number of WvW events taking place on Gunnar's Hold over the next week. I've used ow.ly links here because the thread titles include all of the relevant details, although the first is on the public part of the forum anyway.

Tuesday.
    Thursday.

Would be good to put in an appearance and show our community pride.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    also, in case you are wondering if it's worth turning up to WvW this week, here's why you should:

if we finish 2nd in this match-up we will be guaranteed a top 4 finish; which in turns means you can buy one of these shiny weapons:

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/18/gw2-mist...skins-gallery/

so get your head bashing gear on, detailed reward breakdown is in this thread if you're interested:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...urnament-2014/

also, to my knowledge Anet have not yet said what will happen in the event of a tie. If we finish 2nd in this matchup then we will be in a 3 way tie for 2nd spot overall.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Wowsers those skins look good!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Wowsers those skins look good!
    Indeed. If we do finish second, I might even consider changing my Jade Avenger skin for this Mistforged one... or get something else... this will be a tricky decision.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My inner Skritt likes the shinies. Hammer and Mace particularly, although none of my characters use a mace any more.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Dulfy crashes my antiquated work IE (8)
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

I'll will be pulling out all possible stops over the next few days. Never thought we could be involved in such an exciting finish.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    I'll will be pulling out all possible stops over the next few days. Never thought we could be involved in such an exciting finish.
    Thrilling isn't it?

I should be around tonight for some fun. Was thinking to try and nail Liadri tonight, but it can wait.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I must kill 18 men.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I'll try to make it but 6PM might be a bit difficult as a lot of people usually only leave the office at this hour
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 28-05-2014 at 07:41 AM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I must kill 18 men.
    Sadly, in order to get my shinies, the powers that be demand an even greater death toll of no less than 64 potatoes. Which I will try to collect tonight while performing further grim tasks such as standing around in ruined places, sightseeing of local strongholds, and making my name known in the mists (no graffiti or yellow snow involved, honestly).

So chances are I'll be running into some of you tonight. See you then!

Looks like the morning crew did thier job, We are still ahead of FSP as of 09:30, hopefully we can extend that lead through the day amd expand on it tonight.

We did ok last night ticking at over 300 sometimes and domminating in the FSP borderlands but we need to keep up the good work for a few more days.

Also just 1 point behind Piken sq in the predicted ranks well 0.83 actually
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Sadly, in order to get my shinies, the powers that be demand an even greater death toll of no less than 64 potatoes.
    It will be like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t0x7JBAgh8

we kept the lead, I ran this morning from 6.30 there were about 5 of us then. Almost 20 online when I left at 8. and we've kept the lead.

Just checked the Millenium matchup site and GH are ticking 280 - FSP 240 and even better news we have just sneaked past Piken in the predicted rankings!

I don't really know how the prizes work because I've heard that we'll come joint second or something but I don't know why...or are we just playing for 3rd? Could someone in the know give me a bit of a crash course lol.

nobody really knows.

but you need to look at the points column. You get 5 for winning a matchup, 3 for coming second and 1 for coming last.
    Current point totals are:
    2nd - 28 - Far Shiverpeaks
    3rd - 24 - Abaddon's Mouth
    - - 24 - Piken Square
    5th - 26 - Gunnar's Hold

If we're ahead of Piken in the rankings then we're guaranteed 3rd spot if Anet use ranking points as a tie break. But otherwise we'll be tied 3 ways for 2nd with FSP and PS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    FSP 345, GH 205 atm - so gap is narrowing...

Ravbek - prizes are linked in Hawks post above from the 26th. Basically 5th gives you 300 tokens which is enough for a shiny mistforged weapon, every place above gives you 50 more, below gives you 25 less. Even if we lose this week I think we'll still get 5th, so the prize difference isnt that huge, but given that it is close worth scrapping a couple more days for.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

OK I understand now, the site I look at doesn't have the points, found them on GW2 site now though.

If we win then we get joint 2nd with FSP and PS or AM (Probably PS). If we lose then we come joint 4th or 5th with (4th only if DL win, unlikely) 5th would be with AM or PS whoever came second in thier match...ok it's all clear now. lol.

So have Anet said if there are joint position or whether they use another stat to split them?