Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1161

Thread: WvW happenings

And now all of my enthusiasm for the feature patch is gone... how do they even come up with this shit?

I expected them to give you the option to choose any color if you had a tag already. Like any sane person would. Ugh.

PS And that cost... if you are a dedicated WvW commander how are you going to get 300g for each color? With the current rewards?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    my guess is blue, simply because nobody is going to be bothered to shell out for a second hat (possible exception of Tweetie, who will need to get one to match her outfit).

and yes, quite agree - if they wanted to create another gold sink why didn't they leave them character bound and increase the cost; and let them choose on map what colour they want.
    Last edited by hawksbane; 15-08-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    I didn't see any source for that, Monkey, just that you'll only get refunded if you bought 4 or more tags (post by an Anet henchman) and then possibly only the excess gold you've spent (speculation on my part). It's a spit in the eye, really, especially since you cannot swap colours without shelling out another 300g. On the same map as one or two other "red" commanders? Oops...
    The DV guys were all chatting about it last night (very suredly) when I was helping with wurm and teq. Teq was SO smooth. 8 mins left on the clock and we start first defence. From that point on it was burn-defend to death with no more time lost. My warrior build was rocking too. lost out on wurm again because of pugs on amber being silly. Doh.

edit - ps I want an orange hat. Though might go red...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by fersumengin View Post
    my guess is Golden Derp hats will be the preference of choice ftw.
    Sparkling pink tags in gemstore before mid 2015!

Network Hub
    I think my all-time gold highscore was about 90G once, which I blew on siege and nicer clothing, so I can't see many dedicated WvW players ever getting near 300G to even try and command unless they go and grind some mobs elsewhere. Meanwhile my stacks of badges and karma pile up unused. Good job, Anet!

Oh man! Who else is going to buy a black tag Day 1?
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    I want an orange hat. Though might go red...
    Knowing the endless coffers of mister Mon(k)eybags over here, you're probably buying them all.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    Meanwhile my stacks of badges and karma pile up unused. Good job, Anet!
    So... you can toilet some badge based stuff and then sell the outcome item. Same with karma as I've now realised so you can turn it into gold if you wish.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hat colour? Scarlet of course.
    not paying 300g tho
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Laughable, but unsurprising
    Despite everything, I actually *am* surprised by this incompetence. A small feature where it's so blindingly obvious what the desired functionality is, and they still can't implement it right.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Define "right". They're probably doing it the way the believe they can squeezr the most money out of people. Keep in mind that GW2 is now also available on the Asian market, a target audience known to appreciate grindy prestige rewards.

But as we already know, the pricing structure (etc) for such things is already different in the Chinese game. By "right" way I mean the way that will make players go "awesome, thanks Anet, have some of my money" rather than "screw you Anet!"

Network Hub
    Video on the feature pack : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwkvOqrwpb8

Trick Grenades seem the most interesting part of this, effect = disable siege for 45 sec's if i heard right (though this seems very long and will probably get reduced imho before release if the dev's actually have a clue). This may shake up the seige meta, in wvw. Be interesting to see if they are spamable, i.e. no player cool down on deploying/using them, doubt if they will make the effect stackable, But could see a couple of players just chaining them together and locking down siege a great deal.
    Last edited by fersumengin; 16-08-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

Network Hub
    Love the comments on the hat was always intended from the beginning to have coloured hats, yeh because it is so hard to add coloured icons over chars head, 2 years from release, who are they trying to kid when it is bluntly another gold sink, player will invest into diamonds to get them etc, more annoyed how they are presenting the so called "feature" than the costs etc having already invested in 2 hats on Fersumengin and Ulstermen.
    Last edited by fersumengin; 16-08-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Ooooooh, those nades however they get nerfed willl stop ac defences (hopefully) and stop mass rammage - could add to the wvw meta tbh in a very good way.

Although given that golems are being buffed as well (through the mastery line), it's very uncertain what the result will look like.

I don't generally pay much attention to hats and wvw, but if I buy a hat now, does it become acc bound after the patch or would I be disappointed (again) when logging in after feature pack release? If it is gonna be acc bound right away without me having to spend another dosh for it, then I might just consider it
    Usually running one of my "Moonspell" norns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    i believe that it will become account bound after the feature patch, but until it is announced officially by Anet I wouldn't assume that is the case.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Network Hub
    Horace and his T3 Hills chilling in DL's BL all day.

gw021.jpg

Network Hub
    Update on the Coloured Derp hat kerfufle:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/b...mander-system/

Still does not state that you can switch colours once selected but one assumes so.