Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: WvW happenings

I just hope they do something about the faulty queue system and weird culling we are getting now before the march patch.

I think tonight I may try and concentrate on defence, probably in FSP or Millers BL. Park up by a Hills or Bay and shuttle between the supply camps. Tapping siege where possible. Had a good time last night running dolys into SM after we took it, we got a lot of siege up and near full supply.

Network Hub
    Yeah I shall be mostly working on the defensive. It looks like the [charming fellows] of FSP are really going all out to try and beat our score at the last minute, so we need to beat the numbers out of them until they all turn looty.

Network Hub
    Hmmm last night was excellent fun- really close tense fights that mattered but I had to leave early. Tonight was horrible- hardly any of us in our borderlands and we got hit by some massive FSP event to prove their studliness and lost almost everything to their huge numbers. I got repeatedly pulled through battlements then feared, stunned, rooted and polished off, and if it wasn't that it was those fecking pets magically teleporting onto high walls to eat siege and occasionally me as well. On top of that I sneaked past major enemy lines to get into FSR hills which we were defending valiantly before another flying lizard took me down and nobody bothered to walk over to res me. I may need to find something else to do for a while or I'll get despondent.

Activated Node
    Eurgh. Try taking a little group out for a bit of low-pressure flipping and giggles?

I'm on call all week, unfortunately. Shan't be back until Monday.

At this stage, I think WvW slowly begins to turn into a comparison between servers of how many organised events are being run. Free roaming and loosely structured groups will get eaten by superior numbers and coordination.

As a occasional Ranger player I cannot help but find Magical Flying Pets (TM) to be a hilarious thing and a great tool at the same time. The Guard skill allows you to cloak your furry friends and send them over or down walls where they often tend to get ignored by players, because "Hey, it's just a pet, lulz.". Then Quickening Zephyr combined with Signet of Stone kicks in and all of a sudden heads begin to roll.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Word on the community forums is that some of Xaoc have left and started a new guild on another server. Which would explain why we haven't been pulling ahead during the last couple of overnight/daytimes.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Word on the community forums is that some of Xaoc have left and started a new guild on another server. Which would explain why we haven't been pulling ahead during the last couple of overnight/daytimes.
    Interesting. Don't know if someone already spoke to them/Khorne on Mumble and asked for the reasons.

Maybe we can come up with a few more community-wide events, I feel that there is still a gap in between, there's a gap where we meet, where we end and they begin.

I came in last night after a break, eager to do some wuvwuv and I was met with a situation worse than I expected. I first jumped on the FSP BL, where I found Cry Havoc basically doing nothing, either bunkering in greenlake (nobody was attacking it) or running between greenwater and south camp. Xaoc was there too, sometimes attacking hills, sometimes doing again nothing. Two big organized groups, no pushing, nothing, map chat silent.

I jumped to GH BL seeing how bad the situation was and found some of the more usual people leading, but very very small groups around the commanders (I think at least 4 badges were on the map) and the efforts seemed rather lackluster.

Xaoc had good numbers last night, so if some part left, they were still quite strong. Thing is, some of Xaoc moving will not explain why we're getting stomped all of a sudden, they are not THAT central to the wvw effort.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

I spoke to Khorne yesterday. He was tired of the drama there was in Xaos and formed a new guild on our server. They are also going to be trying some different things like running full Ele groups.

Sorry, I badly misread Lippsy's message in the chatbox - you said that the new guild was on OUR server, not on another server. So that's good. But it doesn't explain our downturn in the last couple of days. While they're not totally central to the WvW effort, they are largely responsible for our overnight and early morning success.

Network Hub
    We should probably take discussion of our current strength to the private community forum, but what I heard last night was some Xaoc guys were unhappy with losing upgrades when they weren't on and Demannu said they were welcome to go to a higher tier server and endure the queues so they may have split the guild.

To be honest I much prefer defending than capping camps, and we really need more defence this match. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to defend the walls with the number of people pulling you down- from even the back wall- to be stomped below. It happened to me when I was on an engineer mortar with stability going which is just ludicrous. Anet really need to sort defending out so that walls that block your shots are also some benefit to the defender- no wonder everyone goes for arrow carts all over the place in higher tiers as nothing else has a chance.

FSP are pushing hard and still think they can win and I think the scores will be very close at the end of the match. I don't know what happened last night but we had very low numbers and we need to come out with everything we can field for the finish.

I currently have a few issues with WvW besides culling and thieves:

1. Getting Obstructed messages when attacking an enemy you can clearly see on a wall.
    2. It is almost impossible to defend from on top of a wall. The enemy just covers the the wall in AOE. - I doubt anything can be done about this.
    3. Being able to defensively catapult your own door.
    4. Hills lord room. I really think they should add at least one more entrance into it or make the entrance wider. That single bottle neck is way to easily defend-able.
    6. Rangers being able to set their guard ability to teleport their pet inside defences.
    Last edited by Lippsy; 07-02-2013 at 02:48 PM.

As a Ranger myself, I have to protest against 6. - our pigs will remain airborne as long as Thieves can stay invisible for an unlimited amount of time.

I will only allow you to keep 6 if we mesmers are allowed are clones/phantoms back with out the constant obstructed :P

As nice it has been to move up the tiers, I think this week has shown we would be overextending our primetime if we move up much higher. I still want to win this week and will be WvWing tonight and tomorrow, but kind of glad our lead has tailed off somewhat, so we're not boosted too high or other servers expect us to be numerous than we are.

Network Hub
    I really hope we don't end up in a situation where we get stomped by superior daytime numbers, but don't drop tiers due to our night coverage- that would be no fun for anyone. The next matchup is impossible to predict right now and could be anything.

WvW rankings reset has been cancelled. We're likely to be facing FSP and Aurora Glade tomorrow. :-/

It's gonna be painful.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Thieves can stay invisible for an unlimited amount of time.
    Still can't do this

Auntie Pzinget expects that next week is going to be exceptionally painful. But like Icy said, this is probably not the place...