Hybrid View

Lesser Hivemind Node

Good Gaming Sites for Console Fun Boxes

So, I've now crossed over to that scary mainstream side of those console toy things by getting a Wii U for Christmas. Everything with the system is lovely, but now I need to find a nice place to discover exciting news about my TV box of fun. Having previously never owned a console, RPS has been able to provide all the gaming news I really need, but I'm going to have to branch out if I want to keep up with everything going on with my Wii U?

I've been using Nintendo Life a bit, which is good enough for the basic news, but it is very, very lovey dovey for Nintendo. I suppose that is inevitable for a site that is dedicated to Nintendo, but the opposite seems to be true for a lot of the big named sites that do all platforms, where the Wii U news seems to be very limited.

So, what sites do you all use for console games that can offer the same kind of piffy and informed discussion as RPS does for PC games?

Eurogamer covers the consoles and the RPS guys seem to write for it regularly.

I'd recommend HookshotInc too.

Obscure Node
    I find Eurogamer very useful for all round news and reviews etc, and VG for loads of news for everything.

Obscure Node
    Not necessarily as discerning as RPS, but for entertaining articles, videos and podcasts, http://www.giantbomb.com/ is pretty great. Their Quick Looks are excellent for keeping up with new releases.

But yeah, +1 for Eurogamer also.

I would recommend the new game starcraft 2 heart of the swarm ( http://www.empowernetwork.com/carawa...d=carawayhello ). :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ah Eurogamer. Do read them ever so often and there positive reception to ZombiU is a good sign they know what they are talking about.

Think I've glanced at Giant Bomb before, so will have a glance at them too.

Cheers for the pointers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Gametrailers screams mainstream haha,seriously if you want console footage go there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I get my news from /v/ and Neogaf.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Polygon seems to be doing nice.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Polygon seems to be doing nice.
    I have looked at them a few times. Their reviews of the launch titles on the WiiU were pretty good. I was slightly put off them by the idiotic gaming spaces running feature though.