Thread: Aarghh!

Network Hub

Aarghh!

Hi,

I've been trying for about a week to post a new thread in the tech forum but every time I submit it a box pops up to tell me it needs to be approved by a moderator. Then it doesn't get posted.

I've posted threads before with no problem and I'm at my wits' end!

Hi - Apologies for thread jacking but it is relevant - I have also had this message, but in the PC Gaming Discussion. I'm a long-term subscriber without any record of 'naughty' behaviour. Please can you post my thread -it's kind of time-dependent.Is there no way that long-term members can be spared the hefty moderation?ThanksEdgar
    "We had to apologise for him with our set. They were still booing him when we were on" - David St Hubbins

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Auto-moderation. Happened to me once. Re-type it (using different wording) and re-submit it.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    But I have done it three times without success, on each occasion re-writing the entire post in an effort to avoid whatever the problem is. That is ridiculous if I'm not even going to have any indication as to what I've done wrong. I don't have all day to spend trying to join the discussion!

I'm going to cross post this issue under a different title.
    "We had to apologise for him with our set. They were still booing him when we were on" - David St Hubbins

I've approved each of your topics. I'm afraid I don't know why the auto-moderation flagged them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Conversely I have a bajillion threads (mostly about pbem games) and never got auto'd.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Jams - Do you know where it has gone, then? It hasn't actually made it onto the PC Gaming Discussion forum. Thanks.

Network Hub

Jams (or any other mod) - my thread hasn't appeared. Do you know why? Thanks.

I cant start new threads. It says I don't have permission. WTF?

Activated Node
    Sorry to thread-jack, but I'm also bumping up onto this issue, all the time lately, albeit for posts. Tried to post in the cyberpunk thread 3 times, all decently written posts, tried shortening it, extending it, no dice whatsoever. It's happened with a bunch of posts previously aswell, really dulls the drive to post in discussions :(. It's like if my post is longer than a sentence, boom, auto moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    I cant start new threads. It says I don't have permission. WTF?
    As repeated in answer to this question in numerous places (although not actually obvious), you need to have 10 posts before you can start a thread. This is a measure against spambots (doesn't stop all of them but it does slow them down).