Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Heavy auto moderation is very annoying to be honest.

Threads made by people with less than 100 posts being hidden until a moderator finally approves them is not constructive at all.

I could have understood if the number was 10. But 100 is just overkill and encourages making a ton of worthless replies on all threads to raise your post count.

I hope the mentioned new spam filter updates make it out soon.
    Last edited by echoMateria; 13-02-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    Support Fruitbat Factory to play the best Japanese indie games in English. Our games 100% Orange Juice and War of Human Tanks are on Greenlight.

I'm a long time reader of RPS blog but have just recently registered at the forum because of a post I wanted to make. Turns out I have to make 10 posts before I can open a thread. Now, you tell me it's going to be hidden unless approved by a moderator but that moderators dont even check every thread? That large posts get swallowed completely?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lithander View Post
    I'm a long time reader of RPS blog but have just recently registered at the forum because of a post I wanted to make. Turns out I have to make 10 posts before I can open a thread. Now, you tell me it's going to be hidden unless approved by a moderator but that moderators dont even check every thread? That large posts get swallowed completely?
    It's very unfortunate that for legitimate posters such as yourself there is a bit of a wall to get over, however the sheer volume of spam that was going on called for measures. It seemed they just went a bit too far with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Apparently the new hazing ritual is to post ten times complaining about the inability to post. After that, you're golden.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Presumably a new member who wants to post a new thread could PM the thread to an old member who could post it on their behalf.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

I have 38 posts, 39 with this one and the thread I posed on the PC game projects is yet to show up after three (was it two?) days of my posting it. It is about our latest game's IndieGoGo campaign, I hope a moderator notices it in the next 29 days before the campaign ends.
    Support Fruitbat Factory to play the best Japanese indie games in English. Our games 100% Orange Juice and War of Human Tanks are on Greenlight.

well you definitely posted in the right thread.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Auto-modded again. The Third freaking time.

I'm sorry but this is ri-god-damned-diculous.

I understand if you're trying to catch spammers, but I'm pretty sure I'm not here for that purpose.

Yeah, I can see why youre getting frustrated, but Jim is honestly on it, and hopefully, theyll have it sorted soon.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Presumably a new member who wants to post a new thread could PM the thread to an old member who could post it on their behalf.
    Well, that certainly is a little odd but why not.

If anyone want's to post this wall-of-text on the forum to get some discussion started I'd be eternaly greatful! :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

If you're native speaker and find some oddities in how I word stuff feel free to correct that, too. :)
    Last edited by lithander; 16-02-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lithander View Post
    If anyone want's to post this wall-of-text on the forum to get some discussion started I'd be eternaly greatful! :)

Done and done.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    The spam was getting really annoying, so I appreciate that steps have been taken to reduce it. Even if it frustrates some posters (who only have to wait, nothing was deleted) it's still a good thing.
    I'm afraid that's not the case. I drafted a longish post on The Walking Dead that never saw the light of day. No explanation where it went, or whether it was actually modded out for some reason. I'd given up on this thread but others have kicked it into life.
    "We had to apologise for him with our set. They were still booing him when we were on" - David St Hubbins

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    Aware of the issue.

I need to take another look at how spam is handled on here. Will try to get to that next week.
    Spam is handled here? I'd hate to see the place if you let it run rampant.

oh we have seen it. its horrible.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Obscure Node
    So, I'm trying to post this in today's Battlefield 4 thread:

While I don't quite share John's extraordinary level of negativity to this, I must admit that it's really hard to be enthralled by a demo that only shows the game (or experience) being done <I>badly</I>.

From the control pad movement/aiming, to the ludicrous positions the player and AI take up to engage the enemy and also show the whites of their well rendered eyes, the overall experience is lacking.

I want to feel realism, not a Michael Bay movie. The thrill IS in the execution of a plan, the tactics. Things just blowing up isn't enough, it's never been enough.

I guess the thing about pooping out the same EXPLOSIONS LULZ!!11! experience every generation is that you have a whole new batch of 16 year olds to sell them to.

That all said, I'd still probably be interested in getting this if it was cursed with Origin. Oh well.

NEW POST: Couldn't see the old one - RPS comment system is really unreliable...

So, I think the auto-spam filter is blocking it because I mention Johns name in the opening paragraph (which is admittedly a little like the common spam ones). I have two posts I've attempted which have gone into the Great Internet Beyond and are unlikely to be corrected manually (i cant see them, so cant change them).

I made a 'placeholder' post (which worked), then I pasted my real post into it and saved, however once again the spam filter cracked the shits and blocked it.

wait wait wait, you talking abiut comments or forum? because this thread is for the forum.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    wait wait wait, you talking abiut comments or forum? because this thread is for the forum.
    Nah, the comments threads connected to articles.

yeah, that wordpress comment thing is simply broken.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    We have a forum thread currently discussing that, if you want to vent :).