Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

So This Is How Crytek Proved How PC Gamers Are Highly Regarded

By requiring their new game to be run satisfactorily ONLY on monstrously powerful machines:

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps...-test-gpu.html
    (I dont read Russian myself, but the charts are very self-explanatory in English)

The demo is referred to as beta but i dont think this is beta in development sense. The game is gonna be out next month (and if you read this thread overnight, it should be in the same month). I believe 1920X1080 is quite a standard resolution for PC gaming. This is a very disappointing FPS performance I must say, especially considering how powerful the CPU, Ram and HDD (they use SSD) used in the test.

And of course, further disappointing is that it doesn't support DX9/10.
    Last edited by squirrel; 31-01-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Crytek hates PC gamers because Crysis 2 runs on lower spec machines and doesn't support DX11. Crytek hates PC gamers because Crysis 3 has high quality settings that need a beefy PC and doesn't support DX9/10.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Monster pc thingy
    this is probably maxed. That's good. Assuming game is optimized those are good numbers. Brand new fps should push hardware to maximum
    And of course, further disappointing is that it doesn't support DX9/10.
    So only 11?
    great. No reason to support outdated hardware.

and that's coming from a guy with 4500 and xp

ehat worries me is low performance on amd card. 460 faster than 6950? That ain't right
    Last edited by Lukasz; 31-01-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Banned
    28FPS ought to be enough for anyone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    28FPS ought to be enough for anyone.

Since when ? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    ehat worries me is low performance on amd card. 460 faster than 6950? That ain't right
    Yeah, 7950 on par with 480... whoa.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't see the issue. If it does a lot with new PC technology, that's all well and good. If it just requires a lot of hardware because it's poorly optimized, that's bad. A lack of DX9 support isn't a bad thing either, it's extra work that makes porting less attractive. Developers should not be required to support an OS that went obsolete six years ago (four if you skip Vista). It's time to move on.

That said, people will make these exact same arguments when I'm not switching from Windows 7, so I guess it cuts both ways. By then I'll be fully using Linux and driving a flying panda.

Christ, I know this is beta and NVidia are best pals with Crytek, but that AMD performance looks abysmal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Console-toys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    If it just requires a lot of hardware because it's poorly optimized, that's bad.
    Alternatively they just keep piling on effects and shaders and BIGGER TEXTURES FOR MORE GRAPHICS so that it stops being a game and is little more than a playable benchmark. Crysis wasn't a bad game but most of the discussion over it was about using it as a benchmark, less so about a game. Then people got upset when Crysis 2 didn't cause their systems to melt in agony...

Sometimes I don't understand PC gaming. Been in it for friggin' ages now but when arguments like "It stresses my hardware too much!" and "It doesn't stress my hardware enough!" start coming out I just don't know what to say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm surprised to see my 560ti ranked that high.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I'm surprised to see my 560ti ranked that high.
    Same, I don't play on that high a resolution, so little bit of tweaks and I should be good for Crysis 3 near to maxed out it seems, thats nice to know :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Since I (and many others, most likely) played Unreal Tournament and the like fluctuating between 25 and 35 FPS for years?

Got into a fun conversation about this in Chivalry the other day. Kids these days are so spoiled. I used to play with 28 FPS average and 130 ping and I LIKED it. Now, people think that it if isn't >60 FPS and sub 50 ping it is unplayable.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    I think the 560ti has become more or less a mid-level standard for graphic cards, so it makes sense that they'd ensure it runs well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Since I (and many others, most likely) played Unreal Tournament and the like fluctuating between 25 and 35 FPS for years?

Got into a fun conversation about this in Chivalry the other day. Kids these days are so spoiled. I used to play with 28 FPS average and 130 ping and I LIKED it. Now, people think that it if isn't >60 FPS and sub 50 ping it is unplayable.

Sorry can't agree with you there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    And then someone pipes up with "OMFG dun u guise kno dat humen eye cant c ova 30 fps lol dis is biolgy."

I really don't know how that myth keeps perpetuating when there's a clear visual difference between 30fps and 60fps...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Hey. I play at 23 fps and I am happy. But would love to play at 120 fps. Lower ping and higher fps are better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    And then someone pipes up with "OMFG dun u guise kno dat humen eye cant c ova 30 fps lol dis is biolgy."

I really don't know how that myth keeps perpetuating when there's a clear visual difference between 30fps and 60fps...
    Well, it depends on what is happening on the screen and what not to a large degree. Even most of those "See the difference, see it!" websites often fail the test of "Hey, Jim, come over here and tell me if you see a difference between these without reading the text"

But yeah, there definitely is a difference. But, I always burst into laughter when people scream that it is "unplayable" and "horrific".

Its like the difference between the various bitrates of MP3 and flac. Depending on the song/genre, the average listener might be able to tell a difference (I'll give audiophiles the benefit of the doubt right now and assume it isn't an "emperor's new clothes" situation :p). But there are a LOT of other factors to consider that make an even bigger difference.

Don't get me wrong, more (and less, in the case of ping :p) is always better. But I also suspect that if you turned off the FPS counter the vast majority of the people who scream "it is unplayable" would never notice. They might say "Something seems a bit off...", but I sincerely doubt it would affect their enjoyment once they actually started playing the game.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Where is my card? Where is it?!

Oh, there it is. Wow, that's pretty far down. Stupid GTX 550. Whelp, that's that then.

Sorry can't agree with you there.
    That's a very strong argument. I'm not sure how to contest it.