Activated Node

Beyond Bioshock: Um, what else after that in 2013?

So yeah, definitely, am getting a Bioshock Infinite in March, and really can't wait to take down Columbia with a some murder of crows and a shotgun. Before that, I got myself a Strike Suit Zero, and Crysis 3 & DMC reboot will have to wait until there's a bargain buy.

But big question: What's next after that? What other anticipated big hits for the PC any gamer should expect in 2013?

I'm looking at the list of 2013 PC games, and here's my personal opinion for each:

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - meh

Defiance - not big on MMOs beyond Guild Wars, and will see whether this MMO/TV hybrid will work out. Even if it's written by a Farscape creator, I'm still skeptical.

Alien: Colonel Marines - Not interested, not my type of FPS.

Rise of the Triad - Hell, yes. I'm so looking forward to take down NotZis, I mean, the Triad and relive the 90's with this game.

Dead Space 3 - After all the BS EA has put us through? I'll just play DS2 & wait until there's bargain for 3

Tomb Raider reboot - NO. Stick with Legend. Moving on...

Lost Planet 3 - Eh, wait for bargain....

Dead Island: Riptide - Enough with the zombies. Can we just have an Orc invasion of modern Earth, instead?

Star Trek - No plans to play.

Remember Me - Intriguing premise. Still a wait for bargain, though.

Grand Theft Auto V - Probably. Maybe. Just not having the itch yet.

Shadowrun Returns - Will wait for review

Grim Dawn - Will this appease my hunger for ARPGs after Torchlight 2 where Diablo 3 hath failed? Dunno, wait for review.

And finally
    Dragon's Dogma PC - Oh please, Gods of Capcom!! I beg thee!! My heart for a PC port!!

Actually, nothing to look forward to this year after Bioshock. GTA V, probably, RotT, definitely. The Indie scene, might surprise us this year, who knows?

So really, what should we, the PC gamers, watch out for in 2013?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A quick look at release dates yields the following things that people might be interested in: Sim City, Valley Without Wind 2, Starcraft 2, Chaos Chronicles, Don't Starve, Impire, Divinity: Original Sin, Europa 4, Eador, Arma 3, South Park, Rome Total War 2, Wasteland 2, Dragon Age 3, Company of Heroes 2, Other Assorted Kickstarter Games.

That was just a quick glance through a PC release date list, so i probably missed lots of interesting ones and got some release dates wrong, but there's a start.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

While I don't agree with most of your objections I don't see much point bickering about them as that way madness and forum inexcellence lies.

Some things that I'm excited about that you haven't listed:

Watch Dogs
    A Machine For Pigs
    Monaco
    Routine
    Grid 2
    Company of Heroes 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I wouldn't be surprised if The Witcher 3 comes out in November. CDPR is set to tease their next game in 4 days, one that they said is "Very close to being finished" or something similar. If so, that instantly becomes my most anticipated game of the year.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    A quick look at release dates yields the following things that people might be interested in: Sim City, Valley Without Wind 2, Starcraft 2, Chaos Chronicles, Don't Starve, Impire, Divinity: Original Sin, Europa 4, Eador, Arma 3, South Park, Rome Total War 2, Wasteland 2, Dragon Age 3, Company of Heroes 2, Other Assorted Kickstarter Games.

That was just a quick glance through a PC release date list, so i probably missed lots of interesting ones and got some release dates wrong, but there's a start.
    Also Doublefine Adventure. Who knows if and when South Park is coming though? I thought it was held up by legal crap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I would think we'll hear a lot more after Feb 20th/E3, not many releases for this fall as they're waiting for official console announcements.
    steam: sketch

Banned
    I always google this guy whenever faced with a conundrum like that.

Dragon Commander!

Made a list a while back of all the stuff I'm interested in that's supposed to (or just possibly) coming out this year. A few I'm almost definitely going to buy, and a few I'm pretty skeptical of, others I just want to keep an eye on. This is what I've got on here so far. Pretty sure I've forgotten something though.

-Routine
    -Apotheon
    -The Banner Saga
    -Europa Universalis IV
    -March of the Eagles
    -GTA:V (If it comes to PC. If not, I dunno.)
    -Legend of Dungeon
    -Mew-Genics
    -Rome 2
    -Wargame: AirLand Battle
    -Company of Heroes 2
    -Overgrowth
    -Volgarr the Viking
    -Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
    -Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    -Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm (Confused about the state of this. I've heard it a mod, an expansion, and a stand-alone game.)
    -Bioshock Infinite
    -Aliens: Colonial Marines
    -Eador: Master of the Broken World
    -Metro: Last Light
    -Sir, You Are Being Hunted
    -0x10c
    -STEALER
    -Planetary Annihilation
    -Zeno Clash 2
    -Maia
    -Dirty Bomb
    -Dark Souls 2
    -Cult
    -Wasteland 2
    -Underrail
    -East vs. West
    -Shadowrun Returns
    -Beyond Good & Evil 2 (ha)
    -Unclaimed World
    -Clockwork Empires
    -The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

There is the DayZ standalone to look forward to as well

(although, whether you count that as "new" for 2013 is understandably up for debate)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if The Witcher 3 comes out in November. CDPR is set to tease their next game in 4 days, one that they said is "Very close to being finished" or something similar. If so, that instantly becomes my most anticipated game of the year.
    I thought that CDPR's next game was Cyberpunk? Or was that just a teaser for some far-off title?

Also, I don't think that there's a release date even speculated on for DayZ. Pretty sure that the developer is just taking his time at this point. We'll probably see it this year (at least, I assume), since it's far enough into development that a 2012 release date was a possibility at one point, but it may not be until later.

- Age of Decadence: RPG that's been in development forever
    - (most of) the rest of Kentucky Route Zero
    - Clockwork Empires
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Network Hub
    Is Age of Decadence this year? It looks gorgeous, I just thought that it was still a ways off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    You need to look deeper at pc releases op,don't just search for mainstream crap.

Age of Decadence will probably make this year, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. Still, it does look as if there's a lot done already - I think it will depend on how much last-minute polishing they want to do, and possibly on funding. I haven't really been following it, so if someone who has wants to comment, great.

There's also Occult Chronicles from Cryptic Comet, the guy who did Solium Infernum. It's almost certainly going to be interesting, whatever else it turns out to be.

Edit: Also Gone Home, that one RPS wrote about where you explore an empty house and try to figure out where everyone's gone, but that may be too "Dear Esther" for some.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 02-02-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Obscure Node
    Grand Theft Auto V is all I need.