Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I can only think of one situation in which I would want to stream PC games to a handheld in my home, and I don't think they're going to put that in the ads.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    In two minds about this. On one hand, it's a pretty cool concept. On the other, if my PC is on I might as well just go and use that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    My god it's ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I love the idea of this. Streaming PC games around the house to other tvs etc would be great and the more wireless streaming the better in my book but those it mean that when streaming the PC is out of action for web viewing?

Also its up against OUYA so android gets a boost for games but it is an ugly controller, its a very 90s design.

The concept of streaming and cloud gaming is today's equivalent of the fist VR fad. The tech is clearly not available, yet people and companies are willing to spend time and resources trying to make it work. One would have to admire their pioneer attitude if not for the fact every one of those projects is apparently the best thing since sliced bread, if their bloated marketing dept is to be believed.

Apparently, to enjoy the streaming from PC capabilities, you need to have at least a GTX650 GPU or higher. So it might not be good for most of us (is GTX560 Ti above or below GTX650 ?).

Source:
    News release. (under section Windows and Android Games).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Looks nifty, but it seems like it is mostly just covering ground already handled by tablets. Android games + streaming content. Although, an android playing Steam games (even if streamed) makes me wonder if nvidia might have just announced something for Valve.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Ugly design for the end user, looks impossible to hold comfortably in both hands and I'd rather invest my money into wireless HDMI if I wanted to stream anything from my PC to a TV screen in another room as that wont require recharging or a graphics card upgrade and is already available.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I can finally stream my Steam games to bed.
    Streaming from PC to living room is also nice for those crazy people not willing to spend 5 minutes or 15 dollars to move their PCs around the house/drag a cable to the TV.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This could have been great (wii U pad for pc basically), but it appears to be useless.

-noticable input lag (like really bad input lag) shown in the video when streaming from the pc to the handheld and the tv. This instantly makes it worthless garbage for gaming.
    -you can only stream from a pc with a gtx 650 or higher/newer (lol).

@jesusphish: wireless hdmi is hilariously laggy too, don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by His Master's Voice View Post
    equivalent of the fist VR fad.
    One fad I'm glad I missed, I'd imagine the controller would be butt-ugly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Yet another Android console?

I can't help but think " '83 market crash". There was none, now there are 3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    This could have been great (wii U pad for pc basically), but it appears to be useless.

-noticable input lag (like really bad input lag) shown in the video when streaming from the pc to the handheld and the tv. This instantly makes it worthless garbage for gaming.
    -you can only stream from a pc with a gtx 650 or higher/newer (lol).

@jesusphish: wireless hdmi is hilariously laggy too, don't bother.
    It might be laggy now for playing games, but I'd still rather see it invested into instead of this box.

This will end about as well as people playing catch with hot water.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post

For real-time games.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    For real-time games.
    As opposed to what other games? Ones caught in a time-space continuum freeze?

If you're referring to streaming, than isn't that still the entire point of this thing? To stream games from your PC to this? What could it possibly run locally besides maybe a web browser?

I have to go with Finicky on this one, input lag is simply unacceptable if you're doing anything more timing-dependent than Freecell.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

It could be useful for streaming games like XCOM and The Walking Dead. There are tons of games where input lag doesn't really matter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    As opposed to what other games? Ones caught in a time-space continuum freeze?

If you're referring to streaming, than isn't that still the entire point of this thing? To stream games from your PC to this? What could it possibly run locally besides maybe a web browser?

I have to go with Finicky on this one, input lag is simply unacceptable if you're doing anything more timing-dependent than Freecell.
    Turn-based games? Adventure games without (strict) timing-related puzzles?

I know that I would LOVE to stream Civ4 onto my tablet and play a few rounds during a commercial break or something.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Banned
    So let me get this straight.

When I am at home, in direct vicinity to my (operational and turned on) $1500 PC, I can opt out of playing a game on the PC, with mouse and keyboard, and with headphones on and on my 22" LED monitor, and use a... game pad with a 7" screen attached to it. Instead.

Fuck me with a pickaxe, this might just be the most useless thing since the Apple product line.