8:00 - Dry runs
    8:20 - Move to live & put it all into practice

I'll try and cover:
    How to move as a squad
    How to move through doorways as a squad
    How to minimise losses through a doorway
    How to use more than one squad to breach
    How to use grenades to make your breach easier

This will all be based on my opinions only. Others may not share these, but let's try and leave heavy discussion until the end. We can always do another session later to practice other styles.

Put your name down if you want to attend!

Network Hub
    Im up for it
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

Activated Node
    ill be there, if only to make the numbers up

Ill try to get on and be theree

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Yes! I shall be there

I will be there!

Thanks for taking this Boff - won't be able to attend but looking forward to hearing how it goes. I've posted the notes from the last training in the other thread if you want to read them.

ill be there :-)

I had my dinner super fast so that I'd be on time. Sat in channel wondering when the training was going to start....

Then realised it was monday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    I had my dinner super fast so that I'd be on time. Sat in channel wondering when the training was going to start....

Then realised it was monday.
    Sorry Sino! Will attempt to move the days around next time so you will instead turn up late.

I'll bee there! Cannot guarantee super-fast dinner consumption though.
    Pretty much all 3 of theze are NSFW sometimez. Also very political. Also I'm a prideful, boasting bee about a lot of stuff.

Twitter; https://twitter.com/Succubee94
    Steam; http://steamcommunity.com/id/SophiaButler/
    Tumblr; http://sophia-butler.tumblr.com/
    Ingame; SophiaButler VS, SophiaTraitler NC, SophiaBuTRler TR.

Activated Node
    Will try to be there, probably for the live play, maybe before.

Activated Node
    I'll do my best to be there, but I'll probably have to break halfway through for eats.
    I also don't have an NC character yet, so I'll be less useful than I normally am (oh dear) once we actually breach the doors.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My notes (which were entirely made in my head):

Overall I think people used the basic techniques (pieing doorways, moving as a group etc.) pretty well.

The specific execution was a little lax - as soon as we got in a real fight people were running in too soon, not calling "ready" or "breach" etc. Yes comms were confusing without splitting but I needed to hear everyone to assess what was going on.

In general, comms were a bit cluttered for my liking. Random chat in downtime was fine, but when we were in combat we were getting a lot of redundant calls. One thing that came out is that it's nice to be able to rely on your squad (as Kreg, I think, posted in the other thread). We need to make use of that more. For example, at Cobalt when the max crash came in, there was a lot of chat about it. We had spotters down so those maxes were on everyone's mini-map. It's in that kind of situation where you need to automatically think "If i've seen them, everyone else has too" and just start prepping to defend rather than getting flustered and shouting about it. Yes, that's very context specific, so if you were spotting things at long range out of a window that you were the only one looking out of, sure, call it, but otherwisehave faith in the team.

The max crash was interesting. We defended well against it but think we could have done better, given that we had a fair bit of notice. For example, we could have put AI mines next to C4 at the top of the stairs and retreated to the roof, so that the maxes would have charged into nothing but explosives. Defending against max crashes would be a good training session I think.

While we had some poor gal drops I think it's important to realise that normally in that kind of situation you would drop on the double stack roof rather than the ground floor doors, which would make the drop a bit easier. However, we did well at the base on Hossin when we kept breaching and clearing that building they were in. I think that base also showed the importance of adapting - we could have held and wiped that building 70 times and still lost if they had sunderers up. It was taking those out that won the battle, so remember not just to tunnel vision on the point.

That's all I can remember for now, if anyone has anything else, feel free to post.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    When I called the big max crash I expected to focus the whole group on it and make sure the 3 people who hadn't seen it would see it.

I did not expect 3 people to ask "which door". Kind of the me off, since
    A) they have their own map
    b) it's a crash. It will be all of them.

Defending against crashes would be a rewarding session.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    When I called the big max crash I expected to focus the whole group on it and make sure the 3 people who hadn't seen it would see it.

I did not expect 3 people to ask "which door". Kind of the me off, since
    A) they have their own map
    b) it's a crash. It will be all of them.

Defending against crashes would be a rewarding session.
    The important thing about Max crashes is to keep them down - when a Max dies, keep focussing guns towards it until it disappears, because chances are very strong that they'll try to get him up. If you unload into the medic and newly rezzed max, you can usually kill them before they get very far. With AV grenades now sticking to Maxes, this should let us keep them down much more effectively - if you stuck a grenade to a corpse, will it still be stuck to the max when it revives? Worth testing, I think.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It seems likely. Other states stay, giving us the wonderful dead people running around bug we all know and and love.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Activated Node
    And now all I can think of is John Coffee in The Green Mile.