Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 465
  1. #21
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    7,142
    note to all: the numpad is horribly underused in PS2, so use all the keys except for maybe "Enter".
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  2. #22
    Network Hub Orius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    374
    I'd say it depends on the leadership style of the individual BL. Some lead more with general consensus between SLs, others are more individualistic. I suppose I could set up buttons for a more closed off setup in the event this is requested, but it might be difficult to accommodate everyone's wishes due to the nature of mumble.

  3. #23
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,142
    I'm gonna set up a single channel relay that will work as a shout to all commanders tonight. If anyone wants to do like Quanta does and organise squad specific or platoon-specific shouts, then they can go ahead and do that client-side.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  4. #24
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    note to all: the numpad is horribly underused in PS2, so use all the keys except for maybe "Enter".
    Yeah, for me it isn't so much a lack of keys that's the limiting factor. It's more having to remember yet another keybinding, I tend to mess up the three I already have enough as it is.

    EDIT: Cooper, a channel relay, what does that mean? Is it something serverside?

  5. #25
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,665
    I personally find melee such an annoying waste of time that I swapped the middle mouse button to ptt and haven't looked back. Great guides!

  6. #26
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Boris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,616
    Press T to melee.

  7. #27
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, for me it isn't so much a lack of keys that's the limiting factor. It's more having to remember yet another keybinding, I tend to mess up the three I already have enough as it is.

    EDIT: Cooper, a channel relay, what does that mean? Is it something serverside?
    No just some fancy ACL and linking stuff on Mumble.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  8. #28
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,142
    Bah. Documentation for Mumble is shite. Will try again next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  9. #29
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    7,142
    gud ruck .
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  10. #30
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,659

  11. #31
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,020
    I know you can't do this Cooper, but if new dudes see this: Please use your in-game name in Mumble. It makes for easier coordination with overlay.
    Find me on the Steams

  12. #32
    Obscure Node fishmitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11
    Do you all just use the basic skin for mumble, or is there something a bit less intrusive/ugly available? I've actually disabled it for now, so I often don't know who's speaking, which obviously isn't ideal.

  13. #33
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmitten View Post
    Do you all just use the basic skin for mumble, or is there something a bit less intrusive/ugly available? I've actually disabled it for now, so I often don't know who's speaking, which obviously isn't ideal.
    Fishmitten have you turned on "only talking"-filter? You can also edit the overlay yourself to make it smaller and remove/add stuff to it.

  14. #34
    Obscure Node fishmitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11
    Ah, I obviously haven't delved deeply enough into the settings! I'll have a fiddle now and see if I can make it a bit more acceptable - thanks!

  15. #35
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,020
    I have removed all icons and have it set to only speaking. That works fine for me.
    Find me on the Steams

  16. #36
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Boris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,616
    Is there also a way I can make mumble beep when a speaker stops transmitting? Like a roger beep? Some of you guys sound awfully similar to me so a beep would help me distinguish speakers. I've googled, but I can't find anything.

  17. #37
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Is there also a way I can make mumble beep when a speaker stops transmitting? Like a roger beep? Some of you guys sound awfully similar to me so a beep would help me distinguish speakers. I've googled, but I can't find anything.
    Why not just turn on the mumble-overlay? :P But I did not see any options for roger beeps :/

  18. #38
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Boris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,616
    I have mumble open on my second screen but I sometimes don't want to take my eyes away from the action.

  19. #39
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    74
    The overlay overlays the usernames on the game screen.

  20. #40
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by izal View Post
    The overlay overlays the usernames on the game screen.
    An indispensible tool, in my opinion. With "only talking" filter enabled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •