Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    I do enjoy a massive table!

A query I had from testing the binds last night, if any mumble gurus can clarify:

"Talk to Everyone" - how does this work from within a Squad channel? Does it broadcast across to all other squads and upwards to the PL? Should it do any of those things or not?

Ksem, the way the guide sets it out, only the "report to PL" has to be double bound. The squads double binds are currently down to personal preference. Personally, I'm only likely to use them as RO during full on TACGIR, and would rather my squad can call out threats/confirm loadouts/etc as opposed to listen to me tell Bravo what I've just been asked to tell Bravo by the SL. As for the mandatory/optional, I was just going on whats written on the Outfit website for each role. There's nothing to stop everyone setting them up (I have for example), but they are physical requirements to have for certain outfit roles.

I know the double binds aren't in the tutorial but they are :
    - one of the reason we chose that setup : people in the squads wanted to hear conversations with PL
    - been shown to be useful : if people don't know you're talking, they will talk over you and/or don't know when to talk. Especially problematic if the PL is not alone (either he is in PL channel with TVA liaison/bodyguard or in his own squad channel). Also useful to avoid several people from the same squad reporting the same thing (as PL i know it happens)

We started without them, and then introduced them because the need for them was dearly felt
    Last edited by Ksempac; 19-11-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    "Talk to Everyone" in your list is the Current + Subchannels bind, right? If so, then all it does is transmit to your channel and all subchannels (recursively downwards). Since Bravo channel is not a subchannel to Alpha squad, using that in Alpha squad channel will not transmit to Bravo. Conclusion: it only works in PL channel.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Several of the questions asked here, as well as an existing massive table are available in this thread.
    Shout to all only works from PL channel, for both technical and practical reasons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I was looking for the TVA-TS details yesterday, and I'm being told it's in the MOTD which I assume is the MOTD for our mumble-channel, except I don't get a message of the day when I join that channel. Another thing I noticed is that I can't directly join the vanu channel because I'm denied enter privileges, I can only join any of the sub-channels. So what have I missed?

Message of the day of the outfit in-game.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Never noticed we had one :-)

Will check it out next time I log on

That's because PS2 sucks. Or rather, because the MOTD is displayed only on the outfit screen above the member list, and I suspect that only one in ten people ever use the outfit screen. I cannot see why this MMO is the only one in human history not to display the outfit/clan/guild message of the day when you log on. Pretty silly, really...

So last time I saw comms mentioned in a thread, it was one person recommending a setup, then someone else saying it was wrong.

Before anyone answers my following question, please don't link to a guide just assuming it's right, check that everything in that guide will be right for me and others stepping up to SL in the CTA. I genuinely have an (admittedly irrational) hatred of comms setting up, and the discussions around it; if I get conflicting answers, I just won't SL. Here goes -

In light of the CTA - Can someone please tell me which binds I need to SL and link to a guide if there is one, please?
    Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Pretty sure the guide for SLs on rockplanetshotgun.com is correct, you just need to set up two binds to the same key which will allow you to shout up [edit: but not down] the structure. However since the website is currently down that's not much help. >.<

Edited for truth. Apologies.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 05-03-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Eh, guide on the website is correct (assuming we don't bugger around with things for the CTA).
    It's one bind to shout up (sitrep). It's more complicated to shout down or across - the benefit being that you talk to exactly who are you are wanting to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Guides at:
    http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/gui...dio-operators/
    and
    http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/gui...atoon-leaders/

ARE CORRECT!

There's been a lot of talk recently about how they might be out of date.

THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THOSE PAGES
    Is that they are correct and remain correct for as long as possible. We have not fucked with comms for a long time and have no intention of doing so.

I realise there was a period where RPS comms changed regularly THIS IS OVER.

For once we not only had a great deal of fucking debate on an issue but we also THEN WENT AND ACTUALLY SOLVED IT!

With huge thanks to Eso & Cmaster for this whose knowledge of Mumble's arcane systems seems to exceed that of even the fucking devs...

Get those binds set up. Both pages. Stick with them.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The 'Radio op' role to talk to PL is slightly different. notice that for one 'shout to subchannels' is ticked, for the other not. this is the only difference from the old setup.

The system is simple: A 'radio operator' talks directly to the PL on a single button.

The PL in turn has one button for everyone and one button for each of the squads. The idea is that PLs dedicate themselves to Mumble faff and EVERYONE ELSE has the basic radio op bind setup to provide sitreps.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Fixed my comms after a PC wipe. Would appreciate them being checked at some point - both RO and PL.