Upgrading/modding System Shock 2

So you may have noticed Shock 2 has returned from the depths of the banking system. With it now patched up to function in this new millenium what other mods/patches are there worth using?

What are the chances this rerelease will bring about new projects?
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    Just a word of warning - not all visual improvement mods are good. I don't remember the name, but one of them changes the look of some monsters.
    pass

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
    Just a word of warning - not all visual improvement mods are good. I don't remember the name, but one of them changes the look of some monsters.
    You're probably thinking of Rebirth. Version 1 of that mod was indeed rightfully criticized straying too far from the original models and putting too much focus on the Cyber-midwives breast area. Version 2 fixes that though and, as far as I can tell, sticks quite closely to the developer's vision. I've been using it on my latest playthrough and I feel it adds a lot to the atmosphere.

As for your question, Bhazor, the GOG forums have a fairly extensive modding thread. I suggest grabbing everything that is recommended on there, except maybe Cutscene Rebirth. That should be all you need. There is some additional stuff on the System Shock 2 forums, but nothing I'd consider to be essential.

Edit: Silly me, I completely forgot. The GOG thread fails to mention the greatest of all mods: Eldron's Psi Amp.
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 25-02-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Activated Node
    The ones I use are:
    SHTUP, High res sky texture, high res water, flora overhaul, and the tacticool weapon pack. Not a fan of the rebirth models.
    Last edited by Frostbite; 26-02-2013 at 01:21 AM.