Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for continuing the story!
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I need to catch up on playing, I've got to the point where I need to do quite a lot of game to fill out a post as I'm no longer explaining every little action.

Meanwhile if anyone wants something explained, or if you're trying to play it yourself and need help, feel free to ask.

Looks quite fun! I have downloaded the game and am going to give it a try tomorrow.

Yesterday the author released a free/donation-ware version (3.16):

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Yesterday the author released a free/donation-ware version (3.16):

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html
    BTW, that's not a dumbed down, shareware version, it's the complete version of the game.

To everyone that hasn't played this gem yet: you deserve to be punched in the cock if you don't stop what you are doing, and start playing right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Cock punching isn't nice but there's no excuses not to try the game now. Even fewer excuses than I have for not continuing this diary.

Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    BTW, that's not a dumbed down, shareware version, it's the complete version of the game.
    Apologies, should've probably pointed that out in the first place.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Picked this up, free stuff is usually a good thing, and I'm loving this.

First character died a slow, slow death as my pitiful attempts to keep him alive with a fishing rod and a handful of snare traps resulted in starvation even before autumn hit. Lesson learned, trade more often. Could have easily saved him by instead of spending fruitless days fishing, I could have crafted up some wooden cups or bowls and traded for food or a net. Had some fun though, managed to sneak up on a Hare within a few moments of starting and speared the little bastard dead with a single thrust. Good eating them hares.

Second character is going really well as I picked the Fisherman scenario and the two nets are providing me with plenty of food and being passive I actually get time to do stuff like craft stuff to trade. Traded a boatload of cups and bowls for some clothes I tore into cord, some nice woolen socks, and a splitting axe as using a handaxe for everything was getting awkward. Explored a bit and blundered into a Njerpez warrior but hid in the trees and watched him for a moment.

He was carrying a bow, sword, and some javelins but seemed pretty lightly armoured with basically linen clothes on him.

I made some javelins earlier in the week, hoping to bring down a reindeer (No luck, bloody things run away well before I get in range despite 76% stealth...) so hefted one and launched it at his body. The javelin sails true and slams into his shoulder, the Njerpez chap drops his bow and stumbles around while my second javelin goes wide. Third javelin sticks into his arm (So yeah, he's running around with two javelins stuck in him) and he charges into melee range. I try a few swings at him with my splitting axe before remembering I've actually got a spear, and while I'm fumbling for that he lightly stabs me in the chest with a javelin but my thick wool tunic seems to absorb most of it. Stab, dodge, counter-thrust, I've nailed him in the head a few times and he finally goes for his sword except he's clearly badly hurt as he fails to hit me again. Few stabs later and he drops unconscious, and a quick deathblow to the neck finishes him off.

I'm now the proud owner of a shortbow, 16 arrows, a shortsword, another knife, finally a woodsman's axe, and his clothes (Which are frankly crap compared to mine) get ripped up into cord and a couple of bandages. Making it back to camp I sleep and the wound he inflicted on me heals by the morning so all in all, despite not successfully hunting a reindeer, I'm feeling pretty good.