Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Casual Games On PC.

So people of rps boards,help me with this one. I need some casual stuff even girl can play,i don't know for example something like walking dead telltale games. Its easy to play,cinematic,good story,gameplay is decent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    even girl can play
    Women vs Tropes 2.0!

If my wife will ever ask me about a casual game I will probably go for Broken sword, English country tune, World of goo, maybe scriblenauts (my 5 years old daughter likes it).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It doesn't qualify as cinematic, but Puzzle Quest fits the rest of the bill and even girl can play it.

Girl has also been known to play Mass Effect, at least 2 and 3. In some sense these are quite casual games, at least on the low difficulties. Girl might find the first game a bit annoying in the gameplay department; boy certainly did.

Recettear is about SHOPPING and is CUTE so girl will be genetically obliged to like it.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Do you think new Tomb Raider would be good choice for someone who doesn't play often games. I mean i found it to easy even on higher difficulties,and it has a girl,its cinematic and qte,i think its perfect for casual people.

I find that these "casuals" are more put off by the themes than the actual playing. Every now and then I suggest a game to my wife but she mostly finds them uninteresting.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Girls, like most people, have individual likes and dislikes. Maybe you should ask her what she likes. My fiancee murders 2D platformers. I'm going to try to get her on Stacking, but need a new input method first. She, like all sane people, hates dual-analog controllers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Girls, like most people, have individual likes and dislikes. Maybe you should ask her what she likes. My fiancee murders 2D platformers. I'm going to try to get her on Stacking, but need a new input method first. She, like all sane people, hates dual-analog controllers.
    Completely untrue. We only play casual games. Like when I first started playing PC games, with Quake and Doom, or before that, when I was casual even for a girl, playing games like Xenon 2: megablast, Shining Force 2, and Dune 2: battle for Arrakis on my mega drive (lots of 2's because we casuals love sequels above all else.) Gosh, I remember back before I strove for manly hardcore games, when I used to play Ascendancy, Dungeon Keeper, and Starflight. What was I thinking.

Dual stick analogues, being largely inferior to mouse and keyboard, are only reserved for the truly hardcore, which is why stacking is a game your fiancee can never play. I feel her pain. Oh, woe is me, woe, woe!

Lesser Hivemind Node karaquazian's Avatar
    Well my daughter likes
    Minecraft, terraria, skyrim and is looking forwards to starbound and elite 4 (like me) - anything sandboxy really.

Now my Mrs doesn't game much, but she used to love the likes of doom back in the day and recently got into serious Sam 3, so there's basicly just one style of game she likes, twitchy old school shooters

Sadly can't get either of them into 4x strategy games or roguelikes, and both have no interest in joining me in planetside 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Women vs Tropes 2.0!
    I'm going to assume he meant to say 'every' instead of 'even'. Not that it's much better mind you.

I saw this and was reminded of the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B004FTGJUW

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Clearly you want Princess Maker 2.

Also had a lot of fun playing the Streets of Rage Remake with a non-gamer girlfriend of mine. Most of my non-gaming friends seem to prefer social/cooperative stuff over competitive games.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 10-09-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Completely untrue. We only play casual games. Like when I first started playing PC games, with Quake and Doom, or before that, when I was casual even for a girl, playing games like Xenon 2: megablast, Shining Force 2, and Dune 2: battle for Arrakis on my mega drive (lots of 2's because we casuals love sequels above all else.) Gosh, I remember back before I strove for manly hardcore games, when I used to play Ascendancy, Dungeon Keeper, and Starflight. What was I thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by karaquazian View Post
    Well my daughter likes Minecraft, terraria, skyrim and is looking forwards to starbound and elite 4 (like me) - anything sandboxy really.
    If that's the direction we are aiming at, I'd suggest Red Faction: Guerilla. It can easily be played in smaller sessions - just jump in, destroy some buildings, watch them majestically crumble, cause some mayhem and log out again. It's basically GTA on Mars, but without any cousins and slightly lacking in the story department. Get it while GFWL is still running.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Must be on PC? I thought you can have tons of choices on portable game devices, especially on Android and IOS.

Since you are asking a PC one, I think this one is very cool: Crayon Physics

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Shining Force 2
    Have an internet high five.

Sadly I know of no modern games in a similar style to SF2 on pc (or any other format). Xcom came closest to scratching that itch recently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Check out Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem which are kinda shining forcey in gameplay :)

The most success I have had with introducing friends (both males and females) to games (both console and PC) was when we played a game together and they liked it and tried it for themselves. You never know what kind of preferences might slumber inside your (girl)friend(s ^^).

My father (60+) finished a couple of Zelda games, raced me in Mario Kart and invoked his wife's wrath with spending way too much time with The Settlers, Anno 1604 and 1503. A (female) friend and room mate of mine watched me play The Wind Waker and later had her own save game. At some point she borrowed my GameCube for a while (she owns it by now) to "finish up that game". One night she got up from gaming to get a drink. It took her some time to figure out that the kitchen clock wasn't broken but was in fact diplaying the correct time: 8:00AM.

Just try different things, the good stuff will be catching interest.

Edit: To add some actual recommendations: Torchlight 2, one of the Anno games (maybe 1404?), Heroes of Might and Magic (I'd say 3 but the graphics could be a bit rough), Monkey Island(s), Saint's Row III, Minecraft, Morrowind, Thief games and some of the already mentioned titles, especially Broken Sword, Skyrim and maybe Recettear.
    Last edited by Squiz; 10-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    I think I lost the idea of what "casual game" meant. Isn't it stuff like Popcap's games?
    So, just in case, you can't go wrong with any of these: Peggle, Bookworm Adventures, and of course Plants vs. Zombies.