Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The RPS 10-core (whaaa?) WvWvW with tactics! Sun 13th Jan at 7pm UK

Yes, you read it right and true, the RPS 10-core. Some of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about so let me give you a bit of background.

Background:
    A visionary from the GH Community by the name of Roo Stercogburn had an idea a couple months ago: a premade group with a set composition and tight cooperation going for various targets, hitting fast and hitting hard and generally taking on superior numbers.

And it worked out brilliantly. I had the honor of participating in 2 of these events and with the great leadership of Roo and some pretty sweet team work we went against enemy zergs, defended difficult positions from far greater numbers and even came out winning out of 3-way fights.

Here's a link to one of the threads on the GH forum if you want to read more: http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/threads/6...ec-7pm-UK-Time

Already guilds like Cry Havoc, SOE and Imp are running similar groups and you can tell when they are on the map. Considering how many RPSers I've seen lately in WvW I know we have what it takes and we don't want them to get all the glory now, do we?

What:
    A 10-15 man (depending on turnout, I know we have at least 20ish people doing WvW) squad that works independently or coordinates with the main GH effort in one of the WvW areas.

There are events like Paint-it-blue that take the 10-core concept further and have multiple 10-core squads hitting different targets across the map. I would like the RPS squad to be able to participate in such events as a guild group and kick ass and chew bubblegum while doing it.

When:
    First go at this - Sunday the 13th of January at 7pm UK time
    I expect to run this for around 2-3 hours.

Where:
    Meet up in the GH BL - at the citadel.

How:
    The 10core relies on having a set composition that looks like this:
    Guardians(2) - boons, defensive abilities, area denial
    Mesmers(2) - general confusion, portals, invisibility
    Warriors(2) - slice'n'dice
    Thief(1) - invisibility, scouting, stabby-stabby
    Ranged(3) - damage, support and most important, stuns'n'slows

For now this is only to be used as a baseline. I want people to play the class they enjoy the most so we might not have that composition, but I'm hoping to get as close as possible.

This would be too easy without a few rules, so here we go:
    1. You are running with the group, so you don't chase red targets, you don't chop trees or view vistas. No unscheduled afking, unless your house is on fire.
    2. Everybody must have some siege with them. Easy to get for free by doing the Jumping Puzzle or via cash or badges.
    3. Mumble will be used for comms - most likely the GH community one.
    4. You are part of the team and that team has a leader. There's no arguing during action, save discussions for after the battle. Good or bad, orders are orders!
    5. This is not a karma express or a leveling session, so bring your level 80. A max level toon with rare/exotic gear and full traits makes quite a difference, but you can still run with us if you don't have such a char.

And finally, I'll quote Roo's version of the standard 10core mantra:

This is not for the faint-hearted. Also as before if you sign up for this, you are running with the team. No slipping away to do your own thing, scout for others, pick your nose, or running off to kill random mobile loot bags. You stick with the group the whole time. We will be mobile, hitting hard, fast, moving on. The team will be expected at any given time to take down twice their own numbers in open field against randoms, and at least hold its own vs equal numbers of premade. This type of play will absolutely not suit someone that likes to do their own thing halfway across the map from the rest of the group - I'll simply remove you.
    Please sign up below (mention your class and level) and I'll see you on Sunday!

Current roster:
    noaru - Aliss Blackfyre - Guardian
    shalaska - Guardian (Remaire) or Mesmer (Koyne)
    karuji - Guardian (Jarnade)
    lippsy - Mesmer
    sendmark - Mesmer or Engineer
    krathor - Mesmer or Guardian
    quine - Icepop - Elementalist
    jha4ceb - Saphnabylni - Necro
    malfious - Elementalist
    Yaemar - Engineer
    footlingsummers - Thief
    Last edited by noaru; 11-01-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Roo got into you head! Game over man, game over! Stuns and slows, everyone. Stuns and slows.

Edit: To be a bit more constructive: Good luck, I most likely won't be able to join you.
    Last edited by Squiz; 08-01-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Network Hub
    I can do this- lvl 80 ele on staff for ranged, or d/d if you need more melee.

Well I have my level 80 exotic geared Mesmer, although my lvl 80 grenade engineer is pretty fun

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    In, of course. I'll either come on my Guardian or Mesmer - both level 80.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Sounds awesome. Saph is in!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

sign me up

I'm not any of those classes or specs, which is why I don't sign up to the ones on the forum. I'm a D/D elementalist, occasionally switching to staff to defend inside keeps.. if I get caught in the open with my staff equipped i usually leg it :P

Put me down for reserve if you don't get enough signups
    GW2: Malfious - Elementalist

@Malf, let me quote myself:
    For now this is only to be used as a baseline. I want people to play the class they enjoy the most so we might not have that composition
    @squirrel He started something there, didn't he There's going to be more of this, no worries.

@Quine What's your in-game name? I feel it's Icepop but I might be horribly wrong.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    @Malf, let me quote myself:
    I noticed that, I'm just saying if you do manage to get all 10 of the classes & specs listed then you should stick with them as they work well, I don't mind doing my own stuff at all
    GW2: Malfious - Elementalist

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfious View Post
    I noticed that, I'm just saying if you do manage to get all 10 of the classes & specs listed then you should stick with them as they work well, I don't mind doing my own stuff at all
    I disagree, everyone should be accommodated; and it may be that a different setup of the group could be beneficial. We shouldn't be taking that list as the only possible combination.
    That's the kind of thing that stifles innovation and get's people bored very quickly.

So basically I agree with noaru.

I should be able to attend with either my Guardian (Remaire) or my Memser (Koyne). I do have a warrior (Rocksaw) but he's not 80 yet and might not be of much use.

Network Hub
    Yes I am the Icepop.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I'd like to come along to this, although I can't be sure I'll make it at the moment.
    I'll confirm nearer the time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    In terms of classes - if an extra mesmer or warrior is needed, I can bring one of those instead, though they are both c. lv40. Still, they upscale pretty well as their gear is on level.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Roster updated. We're looking good, we have plenty of mesmers and guardians. I don't mind us being a bit more tanky actually, we will see.

I'll be bringing Jarnade. Just need to get her some tank gear though, but there have been quite a few people who said they would be up for some HotW and AC runs, so worst case I should have full exotic armour.

Bonus-level: We will be part of the Paint-it-green event on Sunday, so we're going to coordinate with the other GH forces rampaging across the map!

Obscure Node
    I'll be showing up. Bringing an Engineer 'cause that's all i've got.

Activated Node
    This could be all the motivation I need to hop back on Gw2. Sign me up. Got a level 80 thief.