Thread: Anno 2070

Network Hub

Anno 2070

I just got this and have only just managed to get an hour in before I had to get some sleep.

It would be cool if anyone who plays this would like to team up for some Co-op. My Ubi name is cgarossi.

Thanks

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Just thought I'd jump in here as you're new to the game - I'd recommend playing through all the campaign missions (I think it's a series called The Virus) as it's essentially an extended tutorial that'll set you up for the game proper.

I made the mistake of jumping straight into a continuos game and had no idea what was going on for quite a lot of the time. Also, there's a guy on YouTube called NanosuitNinja (known for Crysis videos I believe) who's done a number of tutorials on Anno 2070 that I found really useful. I hadn't played any of the Anno series before this one so it was all a bit new to me.

meh, the campaign is quite lackluster though.

If youve played Anno1404, then 2070 should be pretty straightforward.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Yeah the 2070 campaign should just be renamed tutorial though as that is all it is, the real fun comes from the world events and the other scenarios you get. I have a continuous game going just to research stuff and fill my ark up with treasured upgrades!

2070 is great fun!

We should play soon Sketch after we spoke about it the other day.

snipes from dayz if you're confused :p damn forum account name!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I know who you are Purdz :) I'm short on time at the moment but I haven't forgotten!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am late to the game but I started playing after getting it on Steam sale few weeks back.

It is a rather pleasant city/supply management game. I had recently started to replay Zeus and is fun to get into something new so recently.

I have done a few campaign missions, 2 of the current world event scenarios and started a easy game. Its interesting seeing how you can get upgrades and carry them into other games. That and the career paths I have not fully wrapped my head around yet how it all works. Then there is the tech and all the items you can research/build. I guess I easy they do not seem as required. I can establish a profitable and stable economy and hit speed up if I need more of something while there seems to be lots of power ups to improve resource production. Many hours already into it and enjoying it.

yeah the campaigns are a good tutorial. but free play is seriously awesome.

also deep waters is an excellent expansion.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dove in after like 3 campaign missions. Figure if I fail I simply learn and can start anew. The 2nd world event scenario has you make some items from the Tech people, which seem to be some single use items that I did not know about before.

On my easy continous my Tycoon people are to are up to tier 3 and now demanding wine and lobster. I am working on that chain while I have a small tier 2 Tech island, 2 farm/production islands and a undersea island. Started to move some meat pig plants to the truffle island, not to find truffles but to take advantage of the 100+ eco balance. Just have to find the right load supply amount for my trade to ship to feed the coal power plant. It is good fun to play even though I only know the basics.

Other than one request, I have had to fight anything. What do you end up fighting? The other factions in your map?

depending on difficulty setting, factions, pirates, or even an organised aircraft carrier battleship that infinitely spawns destroyers.

either way, never boring.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I've been playing through the campaign on and off for a while (more on than off recently, and I think I'm on the last mission now).

It took me a while to get the hang of it, despite being experienced with RTS/economy games... there's load of stuff that's just different enough from the norm to throw you off, and I've not played previous Anno games. Anyway, I'm enjoying it. I'd like to get into some MP action. I'm yet to start a continuous game though.

its mad fun in multiplay. but I have to add: I only play it in lan.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Well, I'm not a big fan of match making in general (is that even applicable to Anno?), but it would be great to play with some fellow RPSers.

well as far as I can tell, Its wired into uplay, so every player needs a uplay account. as in Friends enabled or whatever it was.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Yep, works quite well, although annoyingly your uplay friends dont tally over to your anno friends.

Quite a nice system though as if someone drops out of the game or de-syncs you can just leave the game load up an autosave and wait for your partner to join again as if nothing happened.

It is good fun multiplayer too.

I've got uplay - Steam installed it automatically with Anno, and you're forced to sign up for an account. I've just started single player continuous, so I'm not too much of a n00b for MP. I get the sense that I'm still way to slow in setting up vital product chains though.

it takes some failing. I learnt it all from a continuous game using very easy rules:
    I suggest using paying back 100% for demolished buildings, that way you can experiment.

also set it so you get a trade fleet from the start. you get mad resources from the start.

also, since it happens to me in every game, stock the items you need to produce for fire extinguishers and get them into your ark, so you can produce them quicker in the next game. something always blows up.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I think I learnt quite a lot from the tutorial campaign. I guess what I'm getting at is the same thing I experience in almost all strategy games (and never learn from!) - just the fact that you have no real feedback on how the other players are doing until it's too late and they come and totally smack you down. That's not happened to me yet... fingers crossed.